Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gollum. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger (about 4-7 years old) I used to be terrified at the thought that aliens were going to abduct me.

I'd stay awake at night and if I saw a flash of light pass by my window, I'd pretty much s*** myself with fright and think "oh god, this is it".

I'd hide under the covers for about an hour anticipating some long fingered hand reaching out to pull the covers off and do god knows what to me.

Thinking about it now it seems really stupid ahaa

(Original post by Kamara7)
    I've heard about this, I've only had this once and it was quite creepy. I always sleep on my side, I have a feeling that it's when I roll over face down. I don't think I could even sleep facing upwards! Thanks though!
    Oh, fail.

I wanted to scare you a bit and then say it was a joke but it seems like you've experienced that already.

In a good way of course...

Having the thought of something showing in front of you is scary so you would probably listen to my advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    When I was younger (about 4-7 years old) I used to be terrified at the thought that aliens were going to abduct me.

I'd stay awake at night and if I saw a flash of light pass by my window, I'd pretty much s*** myself with fright and think "oh god, this is it".

I'd hide under the covers for about an hour anticipating some long fingered hand reaching out to pull the covers off and do god knows what to me.

Thinking about it now it seems really stupid ahaa
    Awww, that's so adorable!

ReputationRep:
    Kilts.
    Sad story from my childhood. They scare me to this day

ReputationRep:
    Awww, that's so adorable!
    Oh my god, it was terrifying haha.

I remember once going to a friend's party at that age and it was night time. I saw a white light moving in the sky and immediately freaked out (in retrospect, it was probably a satellite or something).

I ran into my friend's house and proceeded to tell his Mum that aliens were gonna come and take us all. Haha, the look on her face was priceless!!

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty terrified of the dark, there was a time where I also had to sleep with the door open, like it was essential the door let a crack of light through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    Kilts.
    Sad story from my childhood. They scare me to this day
    For real? If so, I'm really intrigued :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    1) used to be scared of speaking to strangers
    2) used to be scared of talking with girls for an extended period (eg 10-20mins)
    3) used to be scared of not having a purpose in life
    4) used to be scared of falling over

ReputationRep:
    Well this guy had always freaked the heck out of me in a way lool I hated clowns anyway but this one is one of the worst - I mean while this one was supposed to make the kids happy is as much as it was supposed to make them scared *avoiding the playground area there especially lol I always thought that was his place of hiding*
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Scary Movie :rofl:

In my defence that's because of some outside contributions.

ReputationRep:
    For real? If so, I'm really intrigued :holmes:
    My dad's boss in the UK was Scottish. He asked dad to bring me over for a celebratory dinner and he did. Let's just say I realised he had no underwear when we were sitting at the table.
    It didn't help that instead of kissing my cheek good bye, it felt like he just licked me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    My dad's boss in the UK was Scottish. He asked dad to bring me over for a celebratory dinner and he did. Let's just say I realised he had no underwear when we were sitting at the table.
    It didn't help that instead of kissing my cheek good bye, it felt like he just licked me.
    >.< Now I understand :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redsauce)
    Well this guy had always freaked the heck out of me in a way lool I hated clowns anyway but this one is one of the worst - I mean while this one was supposed to make the kids happy is as much as it was supposed to make them scared *avoiding the playground area there especially lol I always thought that was his place of hiding*
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    spiders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pentaquark)
    When I was really young I remember watching something on the TV that gave me nightmares for a good two years.
    I didn't want to sleep on my own and I would cry because I didn't want to sleep.
    I just remember seeing a man on a hospital bed and being wheeled off into a lift by invisible people.
    They took him to the very top floor and I just remember putting him in like this glass case covering so he was trapped.
    And I remember seeing a pair of floating scissors and perhaps a knife maybe and the man screaming.
    lol I am so desperate to find out what tv show or film it was omg.
    Like I was scared to sleep in case I wake up being trapped in a glass case.
    :console: Let's hope it wasn't Teletubbies :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Gollum. :afraid:
    gollum still gives me nightmares:cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    gollum still gives me nightmares:cry:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    spiders
    I don't like spiders that much as well (I'm talking about massive ones or long-legged ones), not to the extent I'm scared of them though. If one is near me, it will wish I've never laid an eye on it

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.