(Original post by Josh Darkwa)
    Its in and a half hours
    Well... pull an all nighter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Night shift signing in

Sleeping pattern has been ruined, I've been going to bed 4-5am the last week. Now I'm back home, I'm posting on study help and welcome threads until my eyes give way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    I seriously think we can win it. It would make my night and then some if we did.
    GG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Social)
    I feel like this place needs some swamp juice...
    Swamp juice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Well... pull an all nighter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ill try xD
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    GG
    BRO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Ah, I see!
    And don't worry, I feel ya with the whole 'gourmet' thing. Been at uni for over 2 years and I still haven't touched a Domino's pizza - I'd rather waste my loans on fresh ingredients! Nothing beats the post-cooking feeling, to be honest! Do you post pics of things on Instagram, fellow foodie?

I love prawns too! But don't you dare think about cheating with Pataks jar sauces. I will be very disappointed. Get yourself a good few onions, chopped tomatoes, fresh garlic/ginger (paste will do too) and the basic spices (salt, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric + whatever else for your specific dish) and just do ittttt.

I've never used a pressure cooker before.
    Resist the temptation to get a new one! :woo:

Ah, that's cool - do you go to Uni of L'pool or LJM?
    I have two pictures of food on Instagram, one is the duck and the other is a cake I had at a restaurant. I don't post on instagram much at all. Just lurk in the background.

:lurk:

HOWEVER, that will change and I'll post more and more if the photography is good and actually makes the food appear appetizing.

I'll be honest I use Pataks/jars of sauce most of the time, but I don't eat enough curry/enjoy it enough to really make it from scratch each time. I'll do this dish properly though, promise!

It saves so much time and washing up. I do make my own spice mixes/rubs however, infinitely more fragrant/aromatic than buying stuff like Old El Pasos BBQ Fajita spice mix (I am guilty of this...)

I have all of those ingredients so I will source out some good prawns and do it!

I just bought a new knife....I couldn't resist. I bought one a few days ago but I had to have another one I can't help it!

Uni of Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    I have two pictures of food on Instagram, one is the duck and the other is a cake I had at a restaurant. I don't post on instagram much at all. Just lurk in the background.

:lurk:

HOWEVER, that will change and I'll post more and more if the photography is good and actually makes the food appear appetizing.

I'll be honest I use Pataks/jars of sauce most of the time, but I don't eat enough curry/enjoy it enough to really make it from scratch each time. I'll do this dish properly though, promise!

It saves so much time and washing up. I do make my own spice mixes/rubs however, infinitely more fragrant/aromatic than buying stuff like Old El Pasos BBQ Fajita spice mix (I am guilty of this...)

I have all of those ingredients so I will source out some good prawns and do it!

I just bought a new knife....I couldn't resist. I bought one a few days ago but I had to have another one I can't help it!

Uni of Liverpool
    Oooh, okay, well lemme know if you want a new foodie follower anytime in the future.
    Ahhhh, fair enough - I don't see why you should go to a lot of trouble for something you don't regularly make/enjoy enough! But there is a sense of accomplishment when you're done, I promise. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with now!

Awwww, it's really nice how passionate you are about the culinary arts (and I guess, just decent kitchenware in general).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.