Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    That's a fair observation.

The issue here though, is that you support violence against people who support ideologies you personally disagree with.

Exactly, they are saying things. Do you think it's fine for police to start using violence against protesters?
    I don't support violence, I just think that they aren't 'out of the world' to want to harm someone who is mocking their religion. It's not as if they are going and attacking random people for no reason. These Muslims are humans, and they will get angry when people gather in masses to insult their beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    You should be extremely wary of these videos, they first start with the party members provoking people to the point where they drive them to react. Then they edit out the start of the video and keep in the part just leading up to the conflict and the conflict itself.

The argument that no provocation justifies violence is probably the stupidest argument I've heard, no offence.

It is basic human nature to react when provoked and reactions vary based on how people feel towards the topic. Violence is never justified for anything obviously but that doesn't mean it won't happen. If you can't understand why people react to provocation then I'm sorry but you don't understand the human race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Because I am not deaf and blind

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So we have a planet with an odd 1.6 billion Muslims, and they are violent are they? Just like every single collective of people in history, Muslims consist of good and bad people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Is this an attempt at being clever or something? What you said holds no response to what I said, if you're going to ignore my entire post and nitpick whatever you think suits your argument best, don't reply to me in the first place. I even answered your question with honesty, that I am defending some people who were violent, but you didn't even answer mine. So I'll ask it one more time, are you really defending this group of xenophobic racists who want to preserve hollow values which have long degraded by forcibly ejecting thousands of innocent people based solely on their ethnicity / religion?
    I'm absolutely defending their right to free expression without being violently attacked; you're damn right I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I'm absolutely defending their right to free expression without being violently attacked; you're damn right I am.
    Do me a favour, don't butt into my discussions with other people if you're only going to reply to 1/4 of my response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Are you saying Muslims are similar to a wild animal frank?

Would you say similar if it was a group of Muslims being attacked at one of their protests against free speech?
    Nah mate, you're getting it wrong. They went looking for a fight; look at the video. That's the main entrance to mosque which they were blocking. Also, this is my area and it's full of Asian gangs and whatnot. Not condoning their violence but it's a ticking timebomb if they're gonna be blocking the entrance!

ReputationRep:
    Ah here we go, the extremists gather to attack me because I have a tolerant view of different cultures.
    But you don't have a tolerant view of different opinions. You've already admitted so much.

Certain opinions, in your view, can justifiably be met with violence. The perpetrators of the violence should be forgiven while those that utter the opinions should be blamed. That's your position. It's a rare one for a man of such tolerance to adopt.

ReputationRep:
    Do me a favour, don't butt into my discussions with other people if you're only going to reply to 1/4 of my response.
    You asked for a specific response to a particular point that I hadn't answered. You now have it. I'll get to the rest of your drivel in my own sweet time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious as to why you think that Muslims are violent and violence is 'to be expected' from them.
    You will never get an actual answer when asking a bigot to explain his/her bigotry. It's because there isn't one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Yes they were as is their right.
    Legally, yes. Morally, (which is of course subjective but imo) no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    But you don't have a tolerant view of different opinions. You've already admitted so much.

Certain opinions, in your view, can justifiably be met with violence. The perpetrators of the violence should be forgiven while those that utter the opinions should be blamed. That's your position. It's a rare one for a man of such tolerance to adopt.
    I don't recall justifying violence anywhere, I am just saying that the Muslims who respond with violence are not the sole factor in this issue, and similarly I can sympathise with a bunch of people who are persecuted because of the ill-informed right-wing individuals who cannot differentiate between Muslims and terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    Come on - standing outside and blocking the entrances to the main mosque in East London and provoking worshippers with anti-muslim BS is obviously going to get a reaction. I live in the area - there's a pub literally opposite the mosque on the other side of the road - there's never been any trouble because the pub goers aren't there to provoke anyone. Obviously it'd be preferable if people didn't react but you're not promoting world peace women's health etc outside the mosque, you're promoting a group that hates Muslims. Free speech has a context

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    I would say that if you went in front of a Christian Church or a Synagogue or Sikh temple and tried protesting you wouldn't get attacked or spat at etc. It is a reaction peculiar to this religion. Remember Islam is not native to this country we let them live here and build mosques etc.
    If I start provoking them in a purely insulting manner, it's possible I would get attacked (would depend on the demographics of the area). And the best bit is, I could post a video of the attacks to my advantage and show the world how "filthy" and "barbaric" these Christians/Jews/Sikhs actually are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Lol I love how the music at the start when they're driving into East London sounds like it's from a war documentary where aid convoys are approaching Syria.

Such losers, both the Britain First people and those Muslims.
    I certainly get a good laugh from their videos and Facebook page. They seem to fancy themselves real Crusaders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Exactly, they are saying things. Do you think it's fine for police to start using violence against protesters?
    Are you serious? They are PHYSICALLY blocking the entrance of the mosque, stop with your bigotry and lets be honest, racist crap. Watch the videos from other sides and you can see they are literally blocking the entrance and pushing people out of the way. You again are another idiot who watched one video (BF cut out 90min of a 100min video as for the 90 minutes they have to provoke and they cant show that because idiots like you wont watch).

Alot of people on this thread are actually really pissing me off because 90% of you are racist and completely against a religion you know NOTHING about. I cant stand people who hide their racism and racist views behind sub-topics.

Actually i will say another thing; these members of Britain are unemployed and claiming benefits, whilst the "Immigrants" they so passionately hate are paying taxes to keep them alive. None of you warriors want to talk about that no??

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? It's Britain First, they're the scummiest of scum.

ReputationRep:
    It saddens me to see the Muslims who were violent fall for Britain First's little game. It gives the exact response which Britain First wants: "Violent Muslims attack peaceful and silent protest".

ReputationRep:
    So we have a planet with an odd 1.6 billion Muslims, and they are violent are they? Just like every single collective of people in history, Muslims consist of good and bad people.
    I didn't say or even suggest all Muslims are violent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    If I start provoking them in a purely insulting manner, it's possible I would get attacked (would depend on the demographics of the area). And the best bit is, I could post a video of the attacks to my advantage and show the world how "filthy" and "barbaric" these Christians/Jews/Sikhs actually are.
    no it is very very unlikely Christians would attack you. Islam as a religion is very intolerant to any criticism whereas most other religious groups are benign in nature,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Are you serious? They are PHYSICALLY blocking the entrance of the mosque, stop with your bigotry and lets be honest, racist crap. Watch the videos from other sides and you can see they are literally blocking the entrance and pushing people out of the way. You again are another idiot who watched one video (BF cut out 90min of a 100min video as for the 90 minutes they have to provoke and they cant show that because idiots like you wont watch).

Alot of people on this thread are actually really pissing me off because 90% of you are racist and completely against a religion you know NOTHING about. I cant stand people who hide their racism and racist views behind sub-topics.

Actually i will say another thing; these members of Britain are unemployed and claiming benefits, whilst the "Immigrants" they so passionately hate are paying taxes to keep them alive. None of you warriors want to talk about that no??
    racist zzz how can you be racist towards a religion? The guy who does a flying kick and tries to punch another person is not doing it because they are blocking the entrance also their violence is not acceptable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.