Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    last answer was k<-7.5 right? and what about the second to last question was stuck on that for ages, I ended up getting 3-+root21/2 or something for x but couldn't figure out how to get y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik12)
    was quite a good paper. I got the last question wrong for some reason i put k < 3/2 not sure why... Though most of the equations ended up using the formula for finding out x and y which was annoying, but it worked out fine.for section B the radius was 5 right? and the 7 marker on finding the roots did you guys get x = 1 and some weird surd?

For the tangent question all you had to do was find both gradients and when you multiply them it equals -1 which shows they are both perpendicular hence being at a right angle.
    i got 3/2 as well... how did people get 15/2??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea how many marks would be lost if I put k<15/2 instead of k<-15/2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryPratlett)
    I got it to be a number + a single root of something.
    Ahah I got 26+13root3 all over 7...

ReputationRep:
    for the surd question I got (26+13root3)/3 which cancelled down 2+root3 but I think i may have have messed up since it wanted it in the form c+d+surd or whatever it was

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh the answer to question 1 is....1 I bet they do that on purpose lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloebreenb)
    Ahah I got 26+13root3 all over 2...
    I got 26 + 13 root3 over 13 which gave me 2 + root 3

ReputationRep:
    For the remainder theorem question did anyone get b=-2 c=7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14307)
    Nah, just show that the two lines were perpendicular by showing that the gradients multiplied to -1. Also I wrote that they intersected at B to fortify my point.
    oh right that seems like a much easier way, i hope i still get the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryPratlett)
    I got 26 + 13 root3 over 13 which gave me 2 + root 3
    Thats what i got too but it wanted an integer in front of the root 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ionic285)
    For the remainder theorem question did anyone get b=-2 c=7
    Not 100%sure, But if you checked by substituting in the values it gave you, you should get the right remainders.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i got too but it wanted an integer in front of the root 3
    I put 2 + 1(root 3) ??

ReputationRep:
    for the remainder theorom one

was it a = 2

c = -7

?

ReputationRep:
    I got the tangent at A all wrong, I used -1/2 as the gradient instead of working out the other gradient. Also for the re-arranging the formula I made it c= instead of a=. For the k question, it was -60/8 so -7.5 but like an idiot I did -4*-3k instead of just -4*-3k so I ended up with -60/24. Hopefully I still get lots of method marks

ReputationRep:
    for the surd question I got (26+13root3)/3 which cancelled down 2+root3 but I think i may have have messed up since it wanted it in the form c+d+surd or whatever it was
    It still works, it just means d = 1

ReputationRep:
    for the cirlce, was the centre 5,3 ? or 3,5 ... can't remember

and radius was 5 right

ReputationRep:
    Got wrong final answer to the last question but still used the discriminant, how many marks will i lose? 1?

ReputationRep:
    For the one where you had to translate the graph, you shifted it 3 units to the right parallel to the x axis right

for the coodinates of intersection did you put (2, 0.21) or something

ReputationRep:
    The one where you had to find the coordinates of intersection ( the first part) I got 3 different coordinates

something like (-5.8, -0.2) is one I can remember or something...

ReputationRep:
    By how hard i got ****ed by that exam, i need to rub vasaline on my *******

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.