Aqa accounting unit 3 and 4 June 2016

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleveldwc)
    hardest paper I've ever scene
    If you meant seen, I agree

ReputationRep:
    What was task 3 again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megisfabulous)
    What was task 3 again?
    Dissolution

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be to get an A*? Last years was 80 for an A* and 70 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicole97)
    Dissolution
    I got decimals for dissolution loss but just assumed I'd done the whole thing wrong

ReputationRep:
    Did your bank balance at the end? I didn't get decimals and mine balanced, but apparently a girl at my sixth form got decimals and hers balanced as well

ReputationRep:
    Did your bank balance at the end? I didn't get decimals and mine balanced, but apparently a girl at my sixth form got decimals and hers balanced as well
    i couldn't get it to balance, the footnote about trade payables mucked it up for me, i was off by 2375.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGHD67)
    i couldn't get it to balance, the footnote about trade payables mucked it up for me, i was off by 2375.
    What did it say, I can't remember what it said about payables? I thought the paper was ok to be honest... The incomplete records question was a lot of work and I ended up missing the narrative at the end and I completely forgot about looking in the statement of cash flow to find out how much the purchase of the asset and stuff like that was, so I couldn't work out depreciation and anything to do with the assets. But I think all the other questions went ok, fingers crossed haha. Can you remember what you got for AVCO and FIFO valuations?

ReputationRep:
    What did it say, I can't remember what it said about payables? I thought the paper was ok to be honest... The incomplete records question was a lot of work and I ended up missing the narrative at the end and I completely forgot about looking in the statement of cash flow to find out how much the purchase of the asset and stuff like that was, so I couldn't work out depreciation and anything to do with the assets. But I think all the other questions went ok, fingers crossed haha. Can you remember what you got for AVCO and FIFO valuations?
    I'm on the same boat, forgot to use the statement of cash flows provided didn't even turn over the page tbh, until later on and didn't have enough time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krskajsjaj)
    Stolen cash was £900 I think??
    I got 900 !! what did you guys get for AVCO ? 23 560 ?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone calculate depreciation on the cash flow

ReputationRep:
    i got 23992 and 23560, for incomplete records of got profit as 11225, revenue as 224500 and cost of sales as 168375 cashflow statement i got an end balance of 7095 negative, thats about all i could remember, and for the one marker i got inventory as 10224.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write about the written part

ReputationRep:
    i got 23992 and 23560, for incomplete records of got profit as 11225, revenue as 224500 and cost of sales as 168375 cashflow statement i got an end balance of 7095 negative, thats about all i could remember, and for the one marker i got inventory as 10224.
    I got around £10000 or something for the FIFO valuation ahaha... How did you work out general expenses? I just used the missing figure :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Middriver)
    10025 Positive i think its wrong though what did you get?
    I got £25000 but everyone in my class got different marks

ReputationRep:
    any tips for unit 4 revision?

ReputationRep:
    I got around £10000 or something for the FIFO valuation ahaha... How did you work out general expenses? I just used the missing figure :/
    same cause they gave you net profit margin, and you worked out cash stole so the only figure left was general expenses.

ReputationRep:
    same cause they gave you net profit margin, and you worked out cash stole so the only figure left was general expenses.
    That's good. What did you do with the stolen inventory figure?

ReputationRep:
    any grade boundary prediction for this year?

ReputationRep:
    That's good. What did you do with the stolen inventory figure?
    yeh i mucked this up completely, i removed it from closing inventory and transferred this figure to the income statement but i think you have to show it in the income statement by itself underneath purchases then the other entry is in less expenses which i did.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.