Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you rather have a happy relationship or a successful career? watch

ReputationRep:
    Happy relationship without a shadow of doubt. I'm already on course to earn 6 figures before I'm 30 if I play my cards right.

Whilst I love my career and what I do for a living, having a caring family I can come home to trumps everything else imo.

I wonder how many people who choose career have been in a relationship before and/or have been royally ****ed by an ex-partner.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for a successful career although having a happy relationship would be extremely nice as well. But it's important for me to not be independent on anyone as that's usually when people start ruling you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Happy relationship without a shadow of doubt. I'm already on course to earn 6 figures before I'm 30 if I play my cards right.

Whilst I love my career and what I do for a living, having a caring family I can come home to trumps everything else imo.

I wonder how many people who choose career have been in a relationship before and/or have been royally ****ed by an ex-partner.
    I still chose a relationship :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Probably a successful career. I feel as though I can do more good that way and work at a global and macro level.

ReputationRep:
    id go for successful career. independent woman and all that
    gerbear xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerbearfriel)
    id go for successful career. independent woman and all that
    gerbear xox
    but then again gerbear, we need a man for some things

gerbear xox

ReputationRep:

Will a happy relationship make me smile like this?

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg tsr life balance guy.JPG (2.9 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree with the bottom paragraph!

Personally I'd choose relationship because a job for me is really a means to an end. Maybe that will change with time though! Couple of years ago I said career

ReputationRep:
    Successful career

ReputationRep:
    Successful career and 2/3 cats. :emog:

ReputationRep:
    Successful career
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Happy relationship.

Now that I've experienced love, I feel like nothing can compare to it and I would never want to lose it. I would rather go to a job I don't like much but come home to someone I love than work in a job I like and come home alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    wait till Callum gets wind of this.
    Callum is a child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Successful career cos money is everything
    Money is not everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliswhalley)
    Money is not everything
    It makes the world go around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    Will a happy relationship make me smile like this?

Can't see the image, but most likely yes!

ReputationRep:
    Can't see the image, but most likely yes!
    It's from your Balanced Life Academy haha, cool website by the way, I might subscribe / use it, and I agree with what you wrote

ReputationRep:
    Career. I'm a full on career oriented person.
    I prioritize my family ofc. But idk right now a relationship comes after.

ReputationRep:
    To the left to the left, everything you own in a box to my left
    if i bought it thats my stuff yes in my closet please dont touch hmmm mmhhhmm

http://i.imgur.com/Uz2YZjy.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    It's from your Balanced Life Academy haha, cool website by the way, I might subscribe / use it, and I agree with what you wrote
    Hehe I think I know the one you're referring to now

Yeah why not - grab the ebooks as well whilst you can

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.