Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No it's when you start having kids until then **** it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    No it's when you start having kids until then **** it
    My parents go clubbing, I've never even thought it odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    My parents go clubbing, I've never even thought it odd.
    I don't think it's odd either, your life doesn't have to end because you have kids. I would personally feel weird leaving my babies at someone else's house to go clubbing unless it's for a special occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I'm 19 and I'm sick of it already! Myself and my friends are already talking about how we feel too old to go clubbing and get bored too easily

Completely your choice. However if you're doing it to harass young girls who have only just ventured out into the adult world then don't bother.. it's so creepy! Whenever I see someone just sort of lurking my brain flicks straight to kidnappings and rape. Not the thoughts I want to be having on a night out!
    Don't worry, no one is ever going to kidnap or rape you.

OT: Clubbing is alright, bit of a waste of time though.

(Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Because over 18s aren't able to make basic decisions for themselves.

Gee, you went on a night out and were approached by men, one of whom had the temerity to - gasp! - walk towards you and ask you a question.

Kids these days. Maybe they need to start creating safe spaces at clubs.
    Are you really oblivious to the undertones to those questions? You can't possibly know the context in which they asked, and the wording they used. You were not there, but by all means be upset that I'm upset over being hassled by men who look at me like a ****ing piece of meat. That must be so hard for you.

Over 18s is a broad statement, you could be referring to an 18 year old to a 21 year old when there is an enormous difference in those age from a maturity standpoint.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 55 and I still go out clubbing.
    Gizelle xox

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's odd either, your life doesn't have to end because you have kids. I would personally feel weird leaving my babies at someone else's house to go clubbing unless it's for a special occasion.
    When I grew up, if my parents went out I would stay with my grandparents who lived like a minute away by walking. They still go out now though.

ReputationRep:
    When I grew up, if my parents went out I would stay with my grandparents who lived like a minute away by walking. They still go out now though.
    You ever gone out on the lash with them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    You ever gone out on the lash with them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've once been out at the same time, but not with them. It was my mum's work christmas party and me and my friends happened to be in town at the same time. I only saw my mum like once and she gave me money but that was it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Many, many problems with this mentality. My post was really aimed at guys who aggressively target younger girls, but yeah, I still have a problem with the whole dynamic regardless of how it's done.

Girls my age may be physically developed, but they simply aren't on the same maturity level as you. By (a) coming on to them or (b) being receptive when they come on to you, you are being expolitative. Widespread acceptance of girls pairing up with guys 12 years their senior leads to what I've mentioned - harassment (not that I'm suggesting you do this), because older men somehow feel entitled to ruin a young woman's night out. And then it becomes a stigma when they dare to complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It isn't creepy to find girls my age attractive. That's biology.

It's creepy to act on that when you should know better.

And really, 30 year old women are still young by today's standards so I don't see why you are this selective. Plus the youth and attractiveness of a partner shouldn't be the only factor in choosing to sleep with them, but hey, that's my opinion.

the bolded part, right back at ya.

you have the mentaility of an individual not wanting to grow up, and still be seen as a "kid" when it suits you but infact you're far from it. You should have your head pretty much screwed on your shoulders by now, little miss 18 year old ..you are cherry picking the bonuses of being an adult, i bet you don't complain that you can vote, you can drink, you can have sex, you can no longer be paid like £3 an hour .... but the second something comes with the package of being an adult that you don't like [older Adults hitting on you], you quickly play the predator card and claim these men are being expolatitive.

If you're not ready to be an adult, don't go out to adult establishments (over 18) with your friends. Stay in. wipe all that makeup off, put in some pig-tails and watch re-runs of hannah montana instead.

And regarding being "creepy"
    If nature has programmed the male of this species to find prime females of reproductive age attractive as mates and seek them out...but certain members of modern society oppose it ..then it is not nature that it wrong or creepy, and it is not the men, ..but it is those members of society for trying to bestow their ideas and beliefs upon nature itself.

As for my own situation, I am a young looking 30 year old who is often mistaken for a student. I am literally playing on handicaped mode when going after women in my age group simply because they are not typically seeking a guy who looks as young as me. It is also mainly the younger girls who are showing the interest. A couple of weeks ago a girl who looked 18 - 22 came and offered to buy me a drink. what? Am I suppose to just turn her down ...tell her to go away

ReputationRep:
    ^^prsom

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the personality of the person. I've been clubbing with a friend in his mid-30s and it was great fun, but he's a really cool guy and can act younger if he wants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I'm 19 and I'm sick of it already! Myself and my friends are already talking about how we feel too old to go clubbing and get bored too easily

Completely your choice. However if you're doing it to harass young girls who have only just ventured out into the adult world then don't bother.. it's so creepy! Whenever I see someone just sort of lurking my brain flicks straight to kidnappings and rape. Not the thoughts I want to be having on a night out!
    A bit extreme

ReputationRep:
    Who babysits the lil three year old?

ReputationRep:
    Who babysits the lil three year old?
    Kid is left in the cloakroom or put into the safe hands of MaccyD employees. Kid is given back when parents get the munchies at the end of the night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I disagree, most of the time it is very creepy.

My friends and I had our first night out a couple of months ago. Walking from our first bar to the next we were stopped by some guys who were old enough to be our fathers. They were pushy and demanded to know where we were going, and we found some polite way to tell them to **** off. The next place I had problems getting into as the machine wasn't accepting my ID when my friends were already in. Another group of men, younger this time but still definitely at least ten years older than me started closing in, asking me where I was going. Much more terrifying when you're alone.

We were 18, it was our first time, we only wanted to enjoy ourselves and experience the city nightlife. But we were approached several times that night when we clearly were not soliciting anything, and many of those who approached took a long time to back off. It was predatory.

People that claim harassment by older men doesn't happen, or that it's harmless, either aren't experiencing it, noticing it, or linking it to a much wider problem.
    Who said it never happens though or that its harmless? What is meant is instead of automatically assuming its creepy treat it as a individual basis.

And a bit sexist as you mentioned harassment by older MEN when it should of read harassment of older to younger does happen.

When I was 15 I had my drink spiked by two women in their late 30s(but looked older) even flirting with me and telling me "they would show me what to do" they picked on me as I was a nervous person this was in a big holiday park and even their daughter who looked my age went to me "is that the guy you want to take back to the caravan"

I noticed my drink never seemed to go down and had a taste (vodka like) to it and I started being light headed and almost faint, as I was getting more dazed one went "looks like its almost time"

In fact when mentioning that over the years people either say Im lying as if my drink was spiked I wouldnt be able to get it up, or that I should be grateful for older women to show me the ropes.

Imagine what would of been said had I been a 15 year old girl and 2 men in late 30s or older spiking my drink!

Like anything scum is scum regardless of gender, sexuality, ethnicity whatever.

When I have been accused of eyeing up women and being creepy when I didn't even notice they were even there (such as the time I was looking at the door waiting for someone but just happened to be some women sitting by door), or even when a woman has looked at me and smiled and blushed so I looked back to have a different set of women on next table assume as I was looking in their direction it must be at them and that meant I deserved a mouthful of abuse and called creepy.

I do have a little funny story though, have been at the club with 2 gay friends before and they looked around and had women accuse them of eyeing the up and of couse you can guess their response which was like "I think you are a little confused honey" in a camp voice.

The media has taught young women the wrong way, instead of telling them to make a judgement call it has taught women to be suspicous of all men regardless meaning men are often treated like predators just because and its just going to make men and women further apart.

So yes there is scum out there on both sides but use a judgement call and don't assume the worst automatically.

ReputationRep:
    The only people I have a problem with are the 17 year old handbag crowd who usually haven't a ****ing clue what the DJ is spinning, in fact the evening seems to them more of a photo op than a chance to hear good music. Any good underground club worth its salt will be peppered with blacks, disco queens and house veterans.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with people having sex, as long as they are both over the age of consent, free from stds, and not married. actually the first time i went clubbing i brought this young woman some drinks, then she was grinding on me all night til i could take no more. then we went to another club, and i never saw her again. such is life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.