Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No doubt everybody here sees it as an IB networking event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    He has provided us with happiness, joy and laughter. He has changed our lives, enlightened us, shaped us, made us rise up and fight for our dreams.
    He will be in our memories forever.

RIP studos 2013-2016

Princepieman Daniel9998 Terry Tibbs BizzStrut and others, I hope you can join us for the funeral later.
    LOOOOOOL wtf why was he banned?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    bit peak ngl lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    LOOOOOOL wtf why was he banned?
    Because he's lame.. It's only temporary anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Because he's lame.. It's only temporary anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it? Yay, studos will be back! Unless he forgets about tsr...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Is it? Yay, studos will be back! Unless he forgets about tsr...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...084&highlight= He's been asking his dumb questions since 2013, he'll be back.

ReputationRep:
    20th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sweet; gonna apply then. There's a clash with CS, JPM and MS insight days if I remember correctly 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Terry Tibbs)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...084&highlight= He's been asking his dumb questions since 2013, he'll be back.
    lol i'm weak haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BizzStrut)
    studos was banned.

RIP
    today is a sad sad day on tsr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Tibbs)
    LOOOL studos was pure comedy gold hope he comes back

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have advice for writing a covering letter? How long should it be and what sort of stuff should you mention?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by econ31)
    Anyone have advice for writing a covering letter? How long should it be and what sort of stuff should you mention?
    300-500 words
    Structure is available online, do a Google search.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which programmes require you to complete an online test?
    And they don't interview you, right?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    Which programmes require you to complete an online test?
    And they don't interview you, right?
    RBS
    no

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    RBS
    no

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the quick reply!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry in advance if this seems like a silly question but how much do banks value A-Level insight days for SW apps? I'm an international student currently doing an internship at a AM firm (i'm doing a gap year) which is quite well known in Asia but not really abroad. I have a few interviews lined up at IB boutiques so I might be able to get some M&A work exp over the summer. I have family in London so essentially i'll just be travelling to london 2 months before uni (my uni starts in october) so cost isn't an issue. Is it worth sacrificing 2/3 month long work exp at a boutique IB/AM to attend these insight days and get a big "brandname" on your CV? I'm aiming to go into IBD/AM in the future. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by khaldrogo)
    Sorry in advance if this seems like a silly question but how much do banks value A-Level insight days for SW apps? I'm an international student currently doing an internship at a AM firm (i'm doing a gap year) which is quite well known in Asia but not really abroad. I have a few interviews lined up at IB boutiques so I might be able to get some M&A work exp over the summer. I have family in London so essentially i'll just be travelling to london 2 months before uni (my uni starts in october) so cost isn't an issue. Is it worth sacrificing 2/3 month long work exp at a boutique IB/AM to attend these insight days and get a big "brandname" on your CV? I'm aiming to go into IBD/AM in the future. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
    They're not super important. I'd say you're better off doing the off-the-beaten-track work experience than insight days, if I'm honest.

The main benefit of attending an insight day is to attach names to faces such that when you apply in future (assuming you gave off a strong first impression), you will be remembered. That and the potential fast track opportunity (namely with CS and RBS).

Enjoy your gap year bud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaldrogo)
    nooo wayy, do the work exp!!

ReputationRep:
    They're not super important. I'd say you're better off doing the off-the-beaten-track work experience than insight days, if I'm honest.

The main benefit of attending an insight day is to attach names to faces such that when you apply in future (assuming you gave off a strong first impression), you will be remembered. That and the potential fast track opportunity (namely with CS and RBS).

Enjoy your gap year bud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers for the advice. I only found out about these A-level days a week ago so i wasn't too sure how important they are. The opportunity to get fast tracked does sound like a big advantage since I can only assume that competition for SW is higher. Btw I see you posting everywhere and your advice is top notch. Good luck with your exams and making your uni offer. Btw i'm going to warwick too so hopefully i'll see you around next year.

ReputationRep:
    Last minute app to CS, sorry for taking someones space lads (and ladies)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.