Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

White guys don't find women of colour that attractive, do they? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I come across some who are attracted to Asian or Arab girls because of modesty and appear more intriguing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHistoryphile)
    I'm talking from a general perspective, I feel like they don't. It's sad because as an Pakistani desi girl I find white men attractive but for some reason I feel like if I were to date one he would be lowering his standards of beauty. I know it's awful but that is how it makes me feel. I've only ever dated desi men because I feel like we are on the same level...

I watched this awhile ago and it exemplifies what I'm talking about. All his reactions towards the pretty white girls were far more appreciative of their beauty than the women of colour, also the muslim girl doesn't count because she is wearing blue contacts lenses (Amira hallomi? her natural eyes are brown) and blue eyes is an inherently white feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPwVlKOXO8
    honestly the way you talk about the desi man is a little objectifying. Date men for who they are, not how they appear to be. Most of all, if your preference is for white men, then seek out white men who are attracted to poc, instead of dating desi men because you feel like you are both on the same levels. What levels exist, really? Regardless of race we are all humans. Also, don't base your perceptions of a particular race's preference on one video, or a few others. Go out and interact with them, then decide for yourself. Ask yourself for the qualities of the men you are looking for, instead of their genetic traits.

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking from a general perspective, I feel like they don't. It's sad because as an Pakistani desi girl I find white men attractive but for some reason I feel like if I were to date one he would be lowering his standards of beauty. I know it's awful but that is how it makes me feel. I've only ever dated desi men because I feel like we are on the same level...

I watched this awhile ago and it exemplifies what I'm talking about. All his reactions towards the pretty white girls were far more appreciative of their beauty than the women of colour, also the muslim girl doesn't count because she is wearing blue contacts lenses (Amira hallomi? her natural eyes are brown) and blue eyes is an inherently white feature.

White English here and I have a thing for Indian/Pakistani girls from Britain. I spoke to others who do to, it's more so we are asked about Indian/Pakistani girls who live in those countries and therefore not as much as they are either covered up or filthy as a result of poverty

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but we're the majority as it's our homeland. Don't be ridiculous. If you're attractive then we'll find you to be attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but we're the majority as it's our homeland. Don't be ridiculous. If you're attractive then we'll find you to be attractive.

ReputationRep:
    x
    So you believe white people are the superior master race?...hmm sounds familiar:

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/im...8192957784.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Some do like my mums boyfriend hes white English and my mums Pakistani shes also married to my stepdad hes Pakistani

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame TheHistoryphile seems convinced that no white guy would appreciate her due to ethnicity. I'm a white male and I've always been strongly attracted to women of colour, particularly from south Asian or Indian/Pakistani etc backgrounds. I hope she doesn't seek validation somehow from white men being attracted to her but I know there's lots of guys like me who'd really be attracted to her I'm sure. Problem is, as soon as you mention you have a preference some people can become hostile and label it as "fetishistic" or claim you should only go for people based on their personality. I'm sure some do have a fetish, but at the same time you really can't help who you feel drawn to right? Also it's possible to be attracted to a certain 'type' and still not overlook negative personality traits or 'lower standards'. There's also some hypocrisy here as how often do you come across "I go for tall, dark and handsome" (again nothing wrong with this if it's your preference) which doesn't get challenged but racial preference can? I shouldn't need to state that but I will as a disclaimer, I do find all kinds of women attractive and think they're all special and unique!

Perhaps in TheHistoryphil's case the white guys are a little shy like me? Or unfairly stereotype about the 'asian' family who wants her to only be with a guy from the same cultural background? If you're in uni in the UK then statistically speaking there will be lots of white guys so you should have a good chance of meeting (hopefully) the right one if that's what you truly desire.

I guess I'll conclude with saying please don't just go off a single video with one guy's view of beauty, which is awfully subjective. There will bound to be lots of guys out there who will want to be with you and appreciate your skin colour as well as your beauty, brains and personality.

ReputationRep:

I'm a white guy and I find women of colour more attractive, easily. I still obviously find a lot of white girls attractive but I prefer exotic skin tones more! And that would include someone of your ethnicity for sure
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    There is a cultural factor at play here. A lot of white/British guys would be somewhat hesitant to date or marry into a culture that is quite different from their own. I'm not sure if this would be much of a problem if the Asian girl in question was quite Westernised.
    I think most dating between ethnicities boils down to this^ really. There are undeniably attractive people from virtually every single ethnic category - the real struggle is whether culturally they mesh or at least if there are differences whether people want to invest in overcoming them.

For instance, most of my social network is white, south asian or east asian even though I'm black - it's as such more likely that I'll get with someone from that background than other black people (unless they're also pretty similar in who they hang out with as me/are less stereotypically into "black culture" as me).

ReputationRep:
    I do. Don't generalize. Case closed.

ReputationRep:

I personally wouldn't go out with a Black or Asian- before you say no racism, just don't find them attractive

ReputationRep:
    I do, very much. I prefer "coloured" to "white" (ridiculous terms btw).

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha this world cracks me up. People with straight hair wants curly hair and vice versa. Dark skinned people bleach their skin to be lighter and pale people go on sunbed to be brown. Most guys I’ve ever spoken to and asked what type of women they prefer most of them have said foreign looking girls I.e European, dark skinned. So no, most blokes do not love white women
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I find women from all ethnicities attractive. If she's hot she's hot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.