Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JezWeCan!)
    Another truly vile post from TSR's terrorist apologist.

Are you trying to be funny with your highlighted comment?

If not it is an incitement to murder. If so it is in appalling taste since Gerry DID murder the Queen's Cousin...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/f...arles-ira-1979
    Oh get off your high horse and chill out you saddo.

I know exactly what happened to Mountbatten and the Warrenpoint attack the same day.

I know the people I just quoted - it's clearly a private joke so you can shut up.

ReputationRep:
    Another truly vile post from TSR's terrorist apologist.

Are you trying to be funny with your highlighted comment?

If not it is an incitement to murder. If so it is in appalling taste since Gerry DID murder the Queen's Cousin...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/f...arles-ira-1979
    Isn't it normally the right who criticise people for being sensitive? Stop being ridiculous, just because someone's died doesn't mean you can't make jokes about it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Isn't it normally the right who criticise people for being sensitive? Stop being ridiculous, just because someone's died doesn't mean you can't make jokes about it.
    Thanks there Joe

I guess lads from Yorkshire aren't so bad after all

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a right / left thing, it is a right / wrong one.

Could you explain what is funny about a member of the Royal Family, his 14 year old grandson and an Irish local being blown up by Irish Republican terrorists?

And how is a reference to the same method (a "wire") to kill the Queen laugh out loud amusing?

Where's the joke?

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a right / left thing, it is a right / wrong one.

Could you explain what is funny about a member of the Royal Family, his 14 year old grandson and an Irish local being blown up by Irish Republican terrorists?

And how is a reference to the same method (a "wire") to kill the Queen laugh out loud amusing?

Where's the joke?
    The specific joke doesn't matter (personally, I thought it was average) - you implied that it's a topic that one just doesn't joke about, which is ridiculously uptight.

ReputationRep:
    What a beautiful, elegant lady this woman is.

I hope we have her round for a good while yet.

ReputationRep:
    The specific joke doesn't matter (personally, I thought it was average) - you implied that it's a topic that one just doesn't joke about, which is ridiculously uptight.
    No, explain it to the rest of the thread.

What exactly was the joke?

Was it that two young men were robbed of their whole lives because they happened to be on the boat of member of the Royal Family?

Was that aspect side splitting or just "average"?

Was it the body parts flying through the air and into the water, turning it red?

Did that bit give you a laugh?

Or how about the relatives left behind, their lives changed for ever?

Surely you had a good chortle at that at least?

ReputationRep:

Was it that two young men were robbed of their whole lives because they happened to be on the boat of member of the Royal Family?

Was it the body parts flying through the air and into the water, turning it red?

You're wrong, and also a gigantic, boring ****.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    PRSOM

#BiggestEverSJW
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    LOL! PROSM!! DRINK!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know! Let's think about YOUR parents getting murdered by the Provisional IRA. They didn't discriminate. they killed anyone who got in the way. Got in the wrong boat.

Would you find that funny? Boring maybe?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Sorry, who are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Sorry, who are you?
    Who are you?

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeaaaarrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    I know! Let's think about YOUR parents getting murdered by the Provisional IRA. They didn't discriminate. they killed anyone who got in the way. Got in the wrong boat.

Would you find that funny? Boring maybe?
    No, of course I wouldn't, because I have a personal connection to my parents. Likewise, it would be in poor taste to make such a joke around the royal family - but it's fine anywhere else. If my parents died you'd be fine to make jokes about it behind my back.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Who are you?
    I'm a member of the Labour Party in the MHoC. I'm not being snobby but you clearly have no respect for the members who are already here.

ReputationRep:
    No, of course I wouldn't, because I have a personal connection to my parents. Likewise, it would be in poor taste to make such a joke around the royal family - but it's fine anywhere else. If my parents died you'd be fine to make jokes about it behind my back.
    So a vile, tasteless joke is OK behind someone's back? Hmmmm.

How about on a public website?

Does that make it OK?

ReputationRep:
    So a vile, tasteless joke is OK behind someone's back? Hmmmm.

How about on a public website?

Does that make it OK?
    It's not objectively vile and tasteless. The reason why you shouldn't say it to the person's face is that it might hurt them and them being hurt is bad; there's nothing intrinsically wrong with the joke.

ReputationRep:
    It's not objectively vile and tasteless. The reason why you shouldn't say it to the person's face is that it might hurt them and them being hurt is bad; there's nothing intrinsically wrong with the joke.
    Prince Charles was devastated by the murder of his adored Godfather, Lord Mountbatten.

He is also fond of the Queen. She is his mother.

Do you think if he read TSR and read jokes about both their murders he would be "hurt" and that would be "bad"?

Above all you need to explain. What is *objectively" funny about these references to political assassinations on terrorist grounds?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Prince Charles was devastated by the murder of his adored Godfather, Lord Mountbatten.

He is also fond of the Queen. She is his mother.

Do you think if he read TSR and read jokes about both their murders he would be "hurt" and that would be "bad"?

Above all you need to explain. What is *objectively" funny about these references to political assassinations on terrorist grounds?
    Just stop moaning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.