Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm actually super messed up... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Oh and one more thing, not to sound like a creep or an annoying kiss up but being brutally honest here, have you ever thought of looking into writing some creative pieces maybe on a blog that's dedicated to creative writing or maybe draft a book? When I read some of your comments for example:
    'A cat's nose and face shape, hollow eye sockets, a clowns smile with human lips, chewing on an eyeball that just follows you no matter what direction you look at it in, shedding skin, bones underneath visible and abnormally long canines.'

- As an English Lit student who enjoys reading creative pieces, it felt like I was reading an intriguing piece from an eccentric book. I think it's something you should certainly consider if you haven't already. Ok, done.
    Hahah don't worry about it. I have thought about it but I've realised that I would be terrible trying to market anything I write and the literary market is terrible to get into, sales are bound to be minimal too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmazingArry)
    You don't have to be able to draw well to draw something good, if that makes sense... I mean look at the artist who drew the illustrations from the roald dahl books. There weren't the best in terms of technique but they are one of the most memorable images we have from our childhood. Van Gogh's paintings were thought to be beyond crap back in his time and look at him now, one of the most influential impressionist artist to ever lived. Art is freedom of expression, so breaking the rules and doing your own thing, is encouraged. So everyone can draw, don't think you cant because of the type of subgenre you're exposed to. Pick up a pencil, a crayon, chalk, and put it to the page and remember what's on that page at the end is you and you only.
    This was encouraging to read. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmazingArry)
    Hahah don't worry about it. I have thought about it but I've realised that I would be terrible trying to market anything I write and the literary market is terrible to get into, sales are bound to be minimal too.
    True, the literary market is terrible to get into, I at one point tried lol but a good technique that some of the younger creative writers/poets/novelist etc that I look up to used/ are using, is starting off with blogs where they had shared their ideas and snippets of their work. They mainly did this to see how the public responded and to build their audience/fan base. After they had felt their audience was big enough for their liking they released anthologies, novels etc.
    A good example is Rupi Kaur, not sure if you've heard of her but she's amazing. She has an anthology named 'milk and honey'. Her fan base are more on the feminist side as she's a feminist herself who writes about for example female sexuality etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.