The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had/have the personality of a brick and wasn't particularly attractive back then so all the girls would either laugh at me or ignore me. Left me with issues meaning I find it very hard to get to the point where I'm comfortable enough with a girl to get into a relationship.
Original post by Rhythmical
I just have no idea how to approach a guy. Like if you meet someone you like, do you plan the wedding? My best bet is shaadi.com lol

Lol dw. I'll PM you some tips tomorrow :tongue:

Haha and I know that's true from experience XP actually happened yesterday in fact :redface: I've actually had a few experiences like. One where the guy just never lets go and doesn't get a hint, and others where they're alright once they've found someone else.
Believe you me, I've tried!
It's not as easy as it sounds for some of us!
I'm ugly and a girl repellent so getting a girlfriend is impossible for me!
I'm 18 and have tried numerous times to no avail!
One attemp ended up in being lead on until she called me outside where she grabbed a guy (her new boyfriend) and had a snog with him right in front of me. She was smirking too whilst feeling him up. I just walked away before I burst into tears! I genuinely thought I had a shot, but she chose a guy I absolutely hate (I've hated him since primary school) and thought that was an appropriate thing to do :frown:
These are the type of girls that I live around. Trying to get with one is like trying to walk to the moon! Not gonna happen. Especially if you don't have the looks either :frown:
That's how I haven't got a girlfriend by 18!
No ones interested in me!
It must be because I'm ugly, of course. Not because they're so close to me that a romantic relationship wouldn't have the same dynamic. :frown:

Spoiler

The honest truth?.... I prefer animals to people.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
It must be because I'm ugly, of course. Not because they're so close to me that a romantic relationship wouldn't have the same dynamic. :frown:

Spoiler

In case you think I'm just being a prejudiced b****

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends/
girls saying they cant get a bf, its utter tosh, there will be tonnes of men white knighting you
It just isn't correct universally! I know so many males who have long-term girlfriends, and also have close friends who just so happen to be girls. What is happening there?
I think your the only desperate one.Getting into a relationship at 15 is just a joke....at that age your in a
immature phase in your life.
Original post by ravioliyears
Lol dw. I'll PM you some tips tomorrow :tongue:

Haha and I know that's true from experience XP actually happened yesterday in fact :redface: I've actually had a few experiences like. One where the guy just never lets go and doesn't get a hint, and others where they're alright once they've found someone else.

Oh I look forward to them lol. I just don't want kids but I can accept being married. If I get married then it will stop the old Asian ladies and aunties gossiping. Reminds me of Bend It Like Beckham.
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
I had/have the personality of a brick and wasn't particularly attractive back then so all the girls would either laugh at me or ignore me. Left me with issues meaning I find it very hard to get to the point where I'm comfortable enough with a girl to get into a relationship.

You are a brick :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 91
I'm not worried about it anyway to be honest, I mean, I don't not want to get a girlfriend but at the same time I don't care that I don't and probably won't have one for a while at least...
I don't think a relationship is necessary at my age. :'D Prioritising studies; effectively the building blocks to kickstart your future. If I'm lucky, I'll meet up with that someone or I'll see someone in Uni. If not, I'd want to look for someone after I finish Uni. First, I have to get there. :rofl:
Original post by Rhythmical
Oh I look forward to them lol. I just don't want kids but I can accept being married. If I get married then it will stop the old Asian ladies and aunties gossiping. Reminds me of Bend It Like Beckham.

Omds gossiping Asian aunties is nothing new on my radar :rofl:
I need to get my own life sorted first, before I even think about getting involved in someone else's. :smile:
Omds gossiping Asian aunties is nothing new on my radar :rofl:

Even if I am in the middle of nowhere they ****ing know what I am doing. Oh and I hate the cousin rivarly. Being too close to your family means nothing is hidden.
You are a brick :smile:

Spoiler

Omg how did you guess my secret?! :ninja:

I am well thanks :biggrin:
How're you?

I'm over the laughing and ignoring tbh, I'm not bitter at women or anything like that but it's like a mental block that I have and I need to get over at some point.

In my dreams lol, comp sci is a cock fest :lol:
Meh
Why have a girl when there is chicken which can satify everything for you:u:
Original post by AngryRedhead
I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.

1) Easy even for dorky girls
2) I was a late developer.. Probably only became properly interested in girls around 17
Reply 99
Original post by FireFreezer77
Believe you me, I've tried!
It's not as easy as it sounds for some of us!
I'm ugly and a girl repellent so getting a girlfriend is impossible for me!
I'm 18 and have tried numerous times to no avail!
One attemp ended up in being lead on until she called me outside where she grabbed a guy (her new boyfriend) and had a snog with him right in front of me. She was smirking too whilst feeling him up. I just walked away before I burst into tears! I genuinely thought I had a shot, but she chose a guy I absolutely hate (I've hated him since primary school) and thought that was an appropriate thing to do :frown:
These are the type of girls that I live around. Trying to get with one is like trying to walk to the moon! Not gonna happen. Especially if you don't have the looks either :frown:
That's how I haven't got a girlfriend by 18!
No ones interested in me!

If a girl did that to me, I'd sh$t on her doorstep... No one messes with John55 :u:.

Latest

Trending

Trending