How strict is your school uniform ?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomo5000)
    Your school sounds harsh
    Yeah we had to tuck are shirts in i personaly didant ocasionaly they would do uniform checks at odd times when they were strict on uniform and if your tie wasnt right shirt untucked no blazer we would get detention at lunch onetime for not tucking my shirt in as i went into assembly i had to do liter picking and a freind of mine she had longer detention than me as she had her shirt out and had trainers

ReputationRep:
    School jumper
    White shirt
    Tie (Red, green, silver, blue, light blue, depending on your house)
    Black trousers
    Black Shoes

Then in sixth form you can wear anything you want

ReputationRep:
    in uni of radjastan they lock us with test-rabbits for half an hour if we cant afford shoes or at least socks

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form has a fairly strict policy
    • Smart shirt or blouse that isn't see-through and doesn't bare the midriff. Logos are not permitted.
    • Pleated skirt or full-length, tailored trousers. No jeans, leggings, or cropped trousers permitted.
    • Only boys can wear suits
    • Shoes must be leather and black. Trainers, canvas shoes or boots are all forbidden.
    • Jackets must be cardigans or blazers; no hoodies or sweatshirts allowed.
    • Makeup and jewellery strictly forbidden (but lots of the girls put tiny bits on which nobody notices)
    • Nothing colourful or flamboyant allowed
    In the lower school, our uniform policy was extremely strict:
    • Short or long-sleeved white shirt with top button done up (polo shirts not permitted in any weather). Must be tucked in!
    • Boys can wear black tailored trousers of their choice, given they're full-length and not slim-fit
    • Girls, on the other hand, must wear the official school trousers with the logo on it.
    • Knee-length kilt-style skirt with dodgy velcro, to prevent girls from rolling them up. Didn't stop them, though.
    • Clip-on tie. We had normal ties at one point but they were scrapped as people were making them too wide.
    • Compulsory official school pullover
    • Compulsory official school blazer with the logo on (you couldn't just buy any blazer and embroider the school logo on.)
    • Leather black shoes. No trainers, plimsolls or cheap-looking shoes allowed.
    • Official school PE kit and socks. No other will do. But once, another girl stole my PE socks, so the teachers provided me plain white socks.
    • Makeup and jewellery strictly forbidden
    Of course, that uniform wasn't cheap...it's a state school but it's in a rather posh area.
    Not to mention that in the summer you could only take your pullover and blazer off in certain classes. We all got given uniform cards so if ever we broke the rules, we got ticks, and after 5 ticks you got a half-hour detention.

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure you're not allowed those ' plimsols ' at most schools as they fall under the ' trainer ' umbrella and aren't exactly smart

ReputationRep:
    We ain't allowed to wear canvas shoes or them trainers in our school. No designer clothing. No shoes that have flowers, bows, chains or buckles on em, just plain black and certainly not boots. No coloured socks, either black or white. No jewellery, no makeup. No jeans, leggings, chinos or cropped trousers Etc.....
    Luckily I've left now 👍🏼 freeeeeeeddooooooommmmm 😂

ReputationRep:
    the sixth form dress code at our school meant that for the first 3 weeks you had to dress smart e.g. blazer and smart shoes but then fast forward to may and girls are turning up in t-shirts and leggings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RCLeahcar)
    • Smart shirt or blouse that isn't see-through and doesn't bare the midriff. Logos are not permitted.
    • Pleated skirt or full-length, tailored trousers. No jeans, leggings, or cropped trousers permitted.
    • Shoes must be leather and black. Trainers, canvas shoes or boots are all forbidden.
    • Makeup and jewellery strictly forbidden (but lots of the girls put tiny bits on which nobody notices)
    • Short or long-sleeved white T-shirt with top button done up (polo shirts not permitted in any weather). Must be tucked in!
    • Boys can wear black tailored trousers of their choice, given they're full-length and not slim-fit
    • Girls, on the other hand, must wear the official school trousers with the logo on it.
    • Knee-length kilt-style skirt with dodgy velcro, to prevent girls from rolling them up. Didn't stop them, though.
    • Clip-on tie. We had normal ties at one point but they were scrapped as people were making them too wide.
    • Compulsory official school blazer with the logo on (you couldn't just buy any blazer and embroider the school logo on.)
    • Official school PE kit and socks. No other will do. But once, another girl stole my PE socks, so the teachers provided me plain white socks.
    Of course, that uniform wasn't cheap...it's a state school but it's in a rather posh area.
    Not to mention that in the summer you could only take your pullover and blazer off in certain classes. We all got given uniform cards so if ever we broke the rules, we got ticks, and after 5 ticks you got a half-hour detention.
    • Short or long-sleeved white T-shirt with top button done up (polo shirts not permitted in any weather). Must be tucked in!
    How can u have a T-Shirt without Buttons ... a Polo has buttons, a T-Shirt does not?,yeah,no? *

ReputationRep:
    Sorry. It was a typo. Thanks for pointing it out!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry. It was a typo. Thanks for pointing it out!
    I'd wear the Polo n.eway.... they are easy as Skwl Shirt as as is the England Home '10 Footy Shirt!

ReputationRep:
    Mine pretends they are strict .... but I don't care if get a detto*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RToti)
    Yeah we had to tuck are shirts in i personaly didant ocasionaly they would do uniform checks at odd times when they were strict on uniform and if your tie wasnt right shirt untucked no blazer we would get detention at lunch onetime for not tucking my shirt in as i went into assembly i had to do liter picking and a freind of mine she had longer detention than me as she had her shirt out and had trainers
    Sounds fun mate - at least ur mate got to wear her Trainers!!

ReputationRep:
    So strict that there is literally no item of clothing they are happy with. I had to resort to the only option.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Only kidding, I'm home schooled so I don't have one

ReputationRep:
    Shirt must always be tucked, ties are clip-ons because they used to be harsh about the length. No skinny trousers or leggings. Skirts must be knee length. Black school bags. Shoes must be black and polishable. I once wore boots and the headteacher said if I was wearing a pair of trousers instead of a skirt I would've got away with them... ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If my tie was a clip-on I'd tamper with it/cut the end lol

ReputationRep:
    School branded polo and jumper and black trousers with smart shoes that's it. In Sixth whatever we wants as long as it's not offensive. Glad I didn't live through a uniform dictatorship....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    School branded polo and jumper and black trousers with smart shoes that's it. In Sixth whatever we wants as long as it's not offensive. Glad I didn't live through a uniform dictatorship....
    I'd wear Black Nike Air Trakkies!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but if you're without a tie for a few days the office will give you one to borrow ;s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Office wear, so boys have to wear suits and girls wear blouses + Blazers + skirt/trousers and have to have sleeves and cover knees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomo5000)
    Hi how strict is or was your school uniform. I would say mine is quite strict. My uniform is
    School jumper
    School polo shirt
    School trousers
    Plain black footwear
    These are my school shoes
    Attachment 525997
    I like your shoes

they look comfy

mine are loud and stiff

.....nice

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.