Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you miss from your childhood? Watch

(Original post by KINGYusuf)
    No stress from exams

Coming home from school watching Disney channel WHEN THEY ACTUALLY HAD GOOD PROGRAMMES like:

Kenan & Kel
    Drake & Josh
    That's So Raven
    Hannah Montana
    The Amanda Show
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Ed Edd & Eddy
    Everybody Hates Chris
    The Fresh Prince of Bel Air etc etc
    The highlighted ones were on Cartoon Network, not Disney. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I didn't have to worry about the calories and nutrition in everything now
    I was a Freddo black hole when I was younger

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    My escapes were much less detrimental to my reality.

ReputationRep:
    laughing for no reason whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The highlighted ones were on Cartoon Network, not Disney. :fyi:
    Yh and some on Nick, but you get what I mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    telletubbies
    Same, was a very big fan back then. Laa laa was my main ho. :u:

ReputationRep:
    I don't. Perhaps the presence of some people, but yeah.

(Original post by Pickles)
    What do I miss from my childhood?

- 10p Freddos
    - Panda pops
    - Tamagotchis
    - Summer holidays

AND the ultimate..

- Pokemon cards and Pokemon on the Gameboy.

What do you miss from your childhood?

Why didnt you just keep the pokemon cards? Why cant you download a gameboy emulator and the relevant roms? You can still buy freddos. In fact you can get them in choc yogurts.

I miss not having to work and pay tax just to be alive. Somewhat more recently, I miss not having so many speed cameras.

ReputationRep:
    pizza hut profiterolls mm

ReputationRep:
    My brother who died last year

ReputationRep:
    Nickelodeon, Chupa Chups lollies and Spiderman on the PS1, best game ever.

ReputationRep:
    Gaelic cartoons on Bbc every week day morning. I grew up in Scotland and we were kinda strapped for cash up until i was about ten and never had more then five to channels growing up. I used to be able to sing the "puff the magic dragon" theme in Gaelic. Even though I'm from the outskirts of Edinburgh and have never met a Gaelic speaker the language still makes me a bit nostalgic.

Ghibli movies. Still around yes, but for whatever reason they just don't seem the same as they did when I was a kid. I had a load of the videos when I was young and they just seemed so detailed and bizarre and just fascinating compared to Disney movies.

The field near my house. They built houses on it and I remember running through grass taller than me before they did that.

Old video cassettes. I've no idea why I miss them but there's something about trying to wind up film again after your baby brother pulled it out that is weirdly satisfying.

The crazy aliens baby things that people used to say could make a baby together.

Dungarees. I used to always wear them as a kid but now that I'm a five foot one seventeen year old, I just feel (and look) like a five year old again when I wear them. (Shame, top shop has some great ones)

The noise of kids playing outside in summer. All the kids in my street were around the same age and so all hit puberty around the same time. There's still a few kids around but near enough every house in my street had at least two kids when I was growing up. My friend was from a family of four. The same families are all still here but it's just so quiet now. Most of the kids have gone to uni or are still in highschool or have just moved out and it doesn't feel right not hearing a dozen kids yelling and screaming as they have water fights or play games in summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristaWinchester)
    I wish I didn't have to worry about the calories and nutrition in everything now
    I was a Freddo black hole when I was younger
    This.

Freedom, or rather the illusion thereof.

ReputationRep:
    Actually having the energy to wake up in the morning to watch the morning cartoons and not caring about anything in the world. Everything was so much simpler, now all I do is just stress about school, homework and exams. But I guess I will miss those things too once I am older.

ReputationRep:
    70p Tesco value Cheeseballs. They're now £1 ;-;
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pickles)
    What do I miss from my childhood?

- 10p Freddos
    :cry2:

:bawling:

:rip:

What do you miss from your childhood?
    Turkey twizzlers. Bloody Jamie Oliver :grumble:

:ninja:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh and my pet peeve:

E numbers in Smarties. If you don't like E numbers, DON'T EAT THE ****ING SMARTIES :shakecane:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I am 30 so older than most, simple answer is to sa I loved the 90s especially the late 90's as by then everything was balanced out games consoles came a good way, dial up internet and chat rooms, basic mobile phones that were fun to use, people talked to each other instead of being buried in phone/tablet

Pretty much everything apart from the bullying I recieved and pareants so poor we couldnt afford heating, all clothes were second hand (before Primark and Supermarket labels.

I miss independant shops and busy high streets, seaside holidays (instead of these sex holidays older teenagers have now)

Sure with technology being so advanced now we can have a pc full of every old game on it, phones that work as mini computers, internet for cheap bargains but people aren't the same now.f

And it was far easier to find work when I was a teenager

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.