The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL A2 Physics EXAM Unit 4 Physics On The Move 20th June 2016 (NOT I-A-L)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mustafa347
It was 20.4 for radius, but for the percentage it was to 2 sig figs 16.7 = 17%

I got 16.7 too, but people were saying 33%?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Connorbwfc
I got 16.7% for the percentage charge decrease question.

20.4m for the radius of the path of the bike.
2.09ms^-1 for speed of bike.

Some multiple choice answers I remember:

1. Something to do with magnetic field causing circular motion
Area under graph = change in momentum
1/root(6)
Half charge on one of particles
Anti-up Down
0.024N

It was the maximum decrease so I rounded down to 16.6%... Not sure if that's right though

I got 20.5m for the radius of the track

I got 1/6 for the ratio

Apart from that I think we got the same?
For the question where you had to show the particle does pass the speed of light, did you had to draw a line of the best fit and show it levelled off. If you just read off the max velocity and said its less than c would you get the mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KINGYusuf
I got slightly under spacing value too, but what does this mean for diffraction?

Close to the spacing of the atom, so maximum diffraction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was last year's paper easier?

Last year's boundaries:

A* - 67
A - 62
B - 57
C - 53

2014 had:

62 - A*
57 - A
52 - B

Any predictions? I think this years had some tricky Q's
Original post by lilywatts16
I got 7.6m or something for the radius? How did yous do it?

Yeah I got that too, but it was wrong. We calculated the force of the hypotenuse rather the horizontal :frown:
Reply 86
How many of you took the difference of the 2 charges. Divided it by the maximum charge and multiplied it by 100. I got 80 %
Original post by pineneedles
Close to the spacing of the atom, so maximum diffraction

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I just wrote it will diffract as it's less than the spacing. Idk haha
Original post by pineneedles
I got 16.7 too, but people were saying 33%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 33 how did you work it out?
Original post by Ppatel0
How many of you took the difference of the 2 charges. Divided it by the maximum charge and multiplied it by 100. I got 80 %

I did that method but got 33%???
For the percentage one, what I did was get 2.8 and 4.2mm (to the best I can remember) for the two values of d between plates, used the given formula to obtain C for both of these values, then used the other relevant equations to get 66% difference? Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong?
(edited 7 years ago)
The people who got 33% worked out the maximum distance, so the lowest to the highest, so the distance was twice what was necessary I think?

But the minimum distance that was necessary was 0.7mm
Reply 92
For conservation of charge. Charge before and after 0 because hydrogen becomes positively charged?
Original post by josephinemar25
I did that method but got 33%???

same
Original post by eleanor135
I got 33 how did you work it out?

I found the capacitance when the silicon plate or probe or whatever was 2.5 mm away, and then found the charge stored at that capacitance. I then found the charge stored when the probe was 2.5 + 0.77 mm away using he same method, found the difference and divided that by the charge at 2.5 mm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ander101
For the percentage one, what I did was get 2.8 and 4.2mm (to the best I can remember) for the two values of d between plates, used the given formula to obtain C for both of these values, then used F = EQ for both, and divided one by the other to get 66%, can someone tell me where I've gone wrong???

I'm not overly sure but it said the maximum percentage decrease. To would out the percentage decrease wouldn't you find the difference between the biggest and largest value of the C. Then divide by the largest and times by 100%
You had to find the charge difference when the plates were at 3.5mm and 4.2mm, not 2.8mm and 4.2mm
Original post by Ppatel0

I got 80% too! doesn't seem like many people got the same though
Answers for the Linac 1 and 2 markers?
Original post by lauren con
I got 80% too! doesn't seem like many people got the same though

I have no clue there is a real mix of answers for that question :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending