Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

3 out of 4 women still don't want to pay for dates watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmic angel)
    What I actually said was that I liked gentlemanly behaviour from a man, that I found it attractive. I did not say I was attracted to a masochist who'd want me to be submissive for him.

Nor did I say I 'expected' men to pay for me but that I was happy to pay for myself. Supposing a man wanted to pay for my date because he wanted to be a gentleman, or thought it was romantic or generous? Somebody who posted here describes men refusing to let her pay though she was happy to, so clearly what I was describing exists. And I wouldn't be the one spending his money, he'd be spending it on me. As to whether that will be fair to the man in question or worth his money, I don't see why your opinion would be in any way relevant if such a person has made his own decision?

Some people don't see everything as a matter of bartering and and wouldn't stipulate that they wanted something back in return if they paid for my meal on a date. It is men who share that mindset that I like, and as silly as it sounds, if I were male I'd do the same for the girls I'd go on dates with.

I hope I've made my position clear to you.
    Submissive is not exclusive to the bedroom.

And yes you did not say you expect it. But you view it positively which implies you judge someone who doesn't as less good (in comparison). To me and quite a few others that is equally unattractive as expecting to be paid for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/07/news...or-first-date/

Right, so 50% of women don't even bother doing the fake wallet reach and half of those who do only do it to ''test'' the man then get upset if he doesn't turn them down. To make things even more salty, we are living in a world where women in their 20's (and even in their 30's in the UK) earn more than men. All of this while constantly moaning about ''but but but mah equality''. I guess it's all feminism and Mizz Independent who don't need no man *snap fingers* until the bill comes, ey? So how about women apply their craving for equality in real life and not just on Tumblr and FB? Thank you for reading.
    I been saying it for years, feminism has become a plague.

I've been on dates before & I always offer to pay because I don't want to appear like I'm taking advantage. Most guys always say "don't be daft, my treat".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/07/news...or-first-date/

Right, so 50% of women don't even bother doing the fake wallet reach and half of those who do only do it to ''test'' the man then get upset if he doesn't turn them down. To make things even more salty, we are living in a world where women in their 20's (and even in their 30's in the UK) earn more than men. All of this while constantly moaning about ''but but but mah equality''. I guess it's all feminism and Mizz Independent who don't need no man *snap fingers* until the bill comes, ey? So how about women apply their craving for equality in real life and not just on Tumblr and FB? Thank you for reading.
    It's sometimes referred to as the "wallet fake" because about half of women who offer to pay get upset if they actually have to spend money.

r they stupid or something? why reach for the wallet if you aren't willing to pay?

Here's how to decode female signals, according to Alison, who's in her early 30s in Brooklyn:
    1. If I never want to see him again and I want to get out of there quickly, I will just pay the whole bill.
    2. If they're perfectly nice but I never plan on seeing them again, I'll split the bill evenly.
    3. If I really like them and they offer to pay, I'll let them. But usually I'll say, "Let me get the next one."

or you could just tell men instead of giving us "signals"

Tips for men:
    • Offer to pay for the first date.
    • Even if a woman offers to pay, about half of women get mad if they do have to pay.
    • Come up with a good line that doesn't sound old-fashioned such as, "Would it be OK if I picked up the check tonight?"
    sexism? split it 50/50 or pay for whatever you ate roughtly

Tips for women:
    • Always say thank you if other person pays.
    • If you like the person, try a line such as, "I'd like to take you out next time...there's this one restaurant I really love."
    • By the third date, make sure to at least pay for something.
    ^^lets women have all the rewards and power and laid backness in the date while men have to make all the effort

Maybe 3 out of 4 women are not feminists then. So what.

ReputationRep:
    I get p$ssed if a woman doesn't pay for me on a date, like 'wtf b£tch, I'm paying you with the pleasure of my company!'.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lord knows how I'm still a virgin... :moon:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.