Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do British people treat animals like people Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I hate to point it out, but that is literally a distillation of what I said here :

I also didn't ignore your point about rights, I acknowledged them earlier on and addressed them:

This must be very funny to you, likewise it is to me too.
    wtf why you confusing me like this at this time at night?

ReputationRep:
    I'd put my cat higher up than most people I know on the list of living things I give a toss about. On the other hand, in all honesty I don't really care about some wild animal being poached halfway across the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    wtf why you confusing me like this at this time at night?
    I might ask you the same question

ReputationRep:
    I might ask you the same question
    man, im going to sleep

ReputationRep:
    If you think what I am saying is stupid, sit a jack russel down and try to teach it the law.
    That is probably the dullest thing you've said What has understanding the law got to do with sentience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    That is probably the dullest thing you've said What has understanding the law got to do with sentience?
    Nothing. However, my point is that the idea that we should treat animals in the same way as people with regards to doing wrong is silly.

Yeah, very stupid thing to say. Didn't even read the post. I thought he was responding to me. I think i'm going to go to bed now.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=intelligent con;64474361]Seriously so many people constantly whine in this country about lions or elephants being killed yet don't care about the plight of the refugees in calais. I hate to break it to you but these animals are just that, animals, they aren't nice cuddly friends and would likely kill you if they got the chance. The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people. I'm fed up with this colonial attitude towards other countries treatment of animals from your cozy home in the west, get some perspective please instead of believing PETA PROPAGANDA

Prreeeeaaach. Dressing up their cats, snogging their dogs (WELP) and ish. They be scared of blacks and asians yet not be scared of getting lungworm ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Seriously so many people constantly whine in this country about lions or elephants being killed yet don't care about the plight of the refugees in calais. I hate to break it to you but these animals are just that, animals, they aren't nice cuddly friends and would likely kill you if they got the chance. The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people. I'm fed up with this colonial attitude towards other countries treatment of animals from your cozy home in the west, get some perspective please instead of believing PETA PROPAGANDA
    I've always wondered about that ! I told my folks back home the same thing and they couldn't stop laughing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince_fancybum)
    What sort of chickens do you keep
    i dont know, hens? i got 12 red ones and 1 white one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.