Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized? watch

• View Poll Results: Only Muslims because I want to get an accurate result
    Yes, it should be illegal
    26.50%
    No, I am a tolerant person who believes in "live and let live"
    73.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    Still disagree. Why do you guys need Sharia. Pray your salah and fast on Ramadan and let people live and let live. srs.

Sharia is the reason why the Islamic World is a mess. A big time mess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of your dumbest posts, and that says alot. Currently there isnt a single country that adopts the sharia law in terms of complete political control. The sharia is a juridical legal system as are the courts. From your previous comments you sound absolutely ignorant to what it is and how it works. Stop embarrassing yourself please.

ReputationRep:
    yes u can be gay and muslim. commiting homosexuality does not take someone out of Islam just like committing any other sin does not mean you are suddenly a non muslim or a non christian.
    Whatever dude. There is no way you can be convinced. Someone who is being argued with will never change their opinion, the only real person who can benefit from my aggressive posts is an outsider lurking over them, with no pride at stake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    One of your dumbest posts, and that says alot. Currently there isnt a single country that adopts the sharia law in terms of complete political control. The sharia is a juridical legal system as are the courts. From your previous comments you sound absolutely ignorant to what it is and how it works. Stop embarrassing yourself please.
    Errr... Saudi Arabia has definitely some of the fundamental Sunni Sharia principles like stoning, apostasy, capital punishment etc. and Iran is definitely countru goverbed under Shia Islam.

Maybe things like the dress code enforcement or not allowed to drive is maybe not part of Sharia. Judicial system is a part of Sharia, i was referring to the punishments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of Ahmadiyya Sharia. They only believe that Sharia should only be applied to individuals who choose to live under it. So non muslims or gay people can do whatver they want in a muslim country wothout any punishments or persecution. they dont believe in imposing.. Sunnis and Shias learn something from Ahmadis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seems problematic to me. The non-muslims can distribute and drink all the alcohol, so there's no doubt it'll fall into Muslim hands. It seems pretty easy for a Muslim to just claim they're non-muslim when caught with a can of beer in they're hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Seems problematic to me. The non-muslims can distribute and drink all the alcohol, so there's no doubt it'll fall into Muslim hands. It seems pretty easy for a Muslim to just claim they're non-muslim when caught with a can of beer in they're hands.
    lol muslims living in britain seem pretty fine to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good job that religious views are no longer entwined with politics, and where I find that they are, I will do everything in my power to disentangle them.

Regardless of what Muslims believe or don't believe, their views (or any religions for that matter) have no place in the political system, unless it is in opposition of their persecution.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise Muslims don't oppose homosexuality OP? The left say it's the religion of peace and tolerance on a daily basis, they vouch it. I'm sure they tolerate homosexuality as a result

The options should be 'Yes, it should be illegal' and 'No, it shouldn't be illegal.' (Or even better, change the question to 'Should homosexuality be legal?' and have only yes/no options.)

'No, I'm a tolerant person...' is likely to skew the results because tolerance, as a word, has positive connotations that people tend to want to have associated with them, even if the poll is anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    Whatever dude. There is no way you can be convinced. Someone who is being argued with will never change their opinion, the only real person who can benefit from my aggressive posts is an outsider lurking over them, with no pride at stake.
    "whatever dude"

means u lost the argument. lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPO92)
    Good job that religious views are no longer entwined with politics, and where I find that they are, I will do everything in my power to disentangle them.

Regardless of what Muslims believe or don't believe, their views (or any religions for that matter) have no place in the political system, unless it is in opposition of their persecution.
    Say that to the left who are doing everything in their power to create Islamic towns

ReputationRep:
    lol muslims living in britain seem pretty fine to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha. You sure?
    The young'uns go clubbing n' drinking every other night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen96)
    Say that to the left who are doing everything in their power to create Islamic towns
    I am left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Haha. You sure?
    The young'uns go clubbing n' drinking every other night.
    So what you are telling me that this ummah is not capable of following Allahs command until things are banned. So , the whole concept of " Life is a test, my brother" becomes useless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Errr... Saudi Arabia has definitely some of the fundamental Sunni Sharia principles like stoning, apostasy, capital punishment etc. and Iran is definitely countru goverbed under Shia Islam.

Maybe things like the dress code enforcement or not allowed to drive is maybe not part of Sharia. Judicial system is a part of Sharia, i was referring to the punishments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats not the fundementals. The mere fact that saudi arabia is a monarchy proves the amount of ****s the royal family gives to religion. The correct Islamic political rulings is a caliph not a king this is unaminously agreed by all muslim scholars though ofcourse they wont dare say it in saudi arabia.

ReputationRep:
    They can't stop people doing sodomy in their own privacy the most they can do is to stop homosexuality being promoted in the public

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMA99)
    Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
    1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
    2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
    3- It is not how humans were made.
    4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.
    5- It is a disease and people should get treated.
    Ah I was waiting for this. An Islamist who hasn't bothered to read any scientific journal articles or papers on the subject! Naturally, everything you've said is completely WRONG. Just to let you know, I'm a chemical physicist. It's my job to provide accurate data so don't even try to play that card.

1) http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1.../J082v51n04_07

"Men in domestic partnerships had a statistically significantly lower prevalence of multiple partnerships, “one-night stands,” and unprotected anal intercourse with a non-primary partner than either men with steady partners not identified as domestic partners or men without a steady partner. These findings were independent of age. Men in domestic partnerships had decreased risk behaviors for sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection"

Now while this article is about the effects of marital status on STD rates in homosexual men, it's findings show that the risk of STDs are affected by the same factors as in heterosexual relationships. That is, mainly promiscuity.

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi...PH.2007.129809

"Latino men who have a heterosexual identity and bisexual practices are at greater risk of HIV infection, and efforts to reduce HIV risk among Latinos should target this group."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6893897

"Overall, homosexual men were significantly (p < 0.001) more likely than heterosexual men to have gonorrhea (30.31% vs. 19.83%), early syphilis (1.08% vs. 0.34%) and anal warts (2.90% vs. 0.26%) but less likely to have nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) (14.63% vs. 36.40%, p < 0.001), herpes genitalis (0.93% vs. 3.65%, p < 0.001), pediculosis pubis (4.30% vs. 5.35%, p < 0.005), scabies (0.42% vs. 0.76%, p < 0.02), and genital warts (1.68% vs. 6.69%, p < 0.001)."

In other words, homosexuality gives an increased risk of some STDs and a decreased risk of other STDs. Therefore the whole concept of homosexuality causing STDs is invalid. One of the STDs not noted in the above study is HIV, which homosexuals have been shown to be more at risk of contracting.

2) http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.o.../271/1554/2217

"In a sample of 98 homosexual and 100 heterosexual men and their relatives (a total of over 4600 individuals), we found that female maternal relatives of homosexuals have higher fecundity than female maternal relatives of heterosexuals and that this difference is not found in female paternal relatives."

In other words, homosexuality is NOT a threat to the human race's future.

3) Humans weren't "made." We evolved from great apes.

4) http://link.springer.com/article/10....1541882#page-1

"In male rats, androgen deficiency during a critical hypothalamic organizational period was shown to give rise to a predominantly female-differentiated brain, homosexual behavior, and demonstration of a positive estrogen feedback effect."

"This finding suggests that homosexual men possess a predominantly female-differentiated brain which may be activated to homosexual behavior by normal or approximately normal androgen levels in adulthood."

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/0...homosexuality/

"discoveries of homosexual behavior in more than 10% of prevailing species throughout the world."

"Currently, homosexual behavior has been documented in over 450 different animal species worldwide."

http://www.news-medical.net/news/200...sexuality.aspx

"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species"

"The most well-known homosexual animal is the dwarf chimpanzee, one of humanity's closes relatives."

"Homosexual behaviour has been observed in 1,500 animal species."

"Homosexuality is a social phenomenon and is most widespread among animals with a complex herd life."

5) http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1991-98036-008"my perspective is that psychiatric diagnosis is legitimate, but its application to homosexuality is erroneous and invalid because there is no empirical justification for it / the diagnosis of homosexuality as an illness is bad science / therefore, whether one accepts or rejects the plausibility of the diagnostic enterprise in psychiatry, there is no basis for viewing homosexuality as a disease or as indicative of psychological disturbance":qed:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't worry, I'm no SJW. I just hate seeing scientifically illiterate people claiming to be correct when they're abysmally wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The options should be 'Yes, it should be illegal' and 'No, it shouldn't be illegal.' (Or even better, change the question to 'Should homosexuality be legal?' and have only yes/no options.)

'No, I'm a tolerant person...' is likely to skew the results because tolerance, as a word, has positive connotations that people tend to want to have associated with them, even if the poll is anonymous.
    I am kinda tipsy and drunk right now. Being serious right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drosstalk)
    Lets see what a phobia is - a phobia is when your scared of something or someone and you try to avoid them. I am not a homophobic- I just do not like ******s they are over-represented in the Media and that is endorsing homosexuality in the UK. We need to go back to the 1960's when England was great. Anti-Muslim depends- I don't mind the rebellious ones who don't take it up the ass from Allah and talk about Faith every other minute. But in terms of hatred yes I don't like them in the last 5 years i have seen mass islamic immigration in my area, they want to knock down my football clubs stadium for a super mosque. The english need to take a stand.
    Google dictionary definition of homophobia: dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

It would've been better if you said you hate Muslims who do "xyz... or want to break down football clubs etc."

There are English Muslims btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    They can't stop people doing sodomy in their own privacy the most they can do is to stop homosexuality being promoted in the public
    Askingf for tolerance is not promoting, but after reading some of your old post, I am not gonna bother replying to you reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This entire thread is a trainwreck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.