Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I think what he says is achievable. I got majority A's, couple A*'s (and C's in English lol...) with no revision in my mocks. However mocks were only on one or two units each so I doubt that Op would be able to remember everything from every unit.
    The main point is, if you can get B's+ without revision, why wouldn't you revise and get A*'s :beard:?? You're just making life further down the road a lot more difficult :erm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Then again, Maccies isn't that bad a workplace...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Yeah I was looking at a GCSE maths question paper it was of Nat 5 life skills maths standard haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahahaha leeeeel.

You would never see the higher maths crocodile question in an english exam. Unless it was for a PhD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Jeff458)
    Hahahaha ikr!!!!!!!!!!

English exams are easier yeah. That's why we do less subjects because our exams are a good bit harder. Like quite a bit harder
    Everyone doing the GCSE Lit paper were really scared cos they had to remember some quotes and i was like "yeah... i learnt like 30 for my exam" :/ lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Everyone doing the GCSE Lit paper were really scared cos they had to remember some quotes and i was like "yeah... i learnt like 30 for my exam" :/ lmao
    Yeah I had like 30-40 memorised in my head for Nat 5 English, no joke. 20 from Jackie Kay poems and 20 for my critical essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hah all this fuss over GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Yeah I had like 30-40 memorised in my head for Nat 5 English, no joke. 20 from Jackie Kay poems and 20 for my critical essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I revised 2 WHOLE ESSAYS for my English exam. Literally word for word. I promise that is not a joke. One of them came up which was good. Not to mention the 35+ quotes for my Scottish text. Lucky English *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    To be fair, many people don't revise for their GCSEs and still get good grades.
    Omg I love your profile pic!!

ReputationRep:
    I revised 2 WHOLE ESSAYS for my English exam. Literally word for word. I promise that is not a joke. One of them came up which was good. Not to mention the 35+ quotes for my Scottish text. Lucky English *****
    I memorised an essay for Nat 5 English too word for word. And then for Higher English I memorieed a general essay i could apply to any question + 40 quotes from the novel + 6 poems lmao! Was hard but because I love English I enjoyed it its why im taking AH. Love English <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Adaeze)
    Omg I love your profile pic!!
    Thanks lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TylerDM)
    -waits for you to fail so we can say "we told you so"
    he/she will just lie about their results and pretend they did good to show off that they didnt revise and got good

ReputationRep:
    I memorised an essay for Nat 5 English too word for word. And then for Higher English I memorieed a general essay i could apply to any question + 40 quotes from the novel + 6 poems lmao! Was hard but because I love English I enjoyed it its why im taking AH. Love English <3
    I hate English more than I hate brainhuman. It's just dog s**t.

For nat 5 I didn't know how to write an essay so just rammed in quotes which didn't make sense. For Higher you cannot do that so I memorised a truckload f stuff.

I mean, about 35 quotes for me to learn for only 6 marks is just mad. You only get 6 marks for other!

We may have to stop talking hahaha. I hate English and everything to do with it. I have actually said before I hate people who like English ahahahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    I hate English more than I hate brainhuman. It's just dog s**t.

For nat 5 I didn't know how to write an essay so just rammed in quotes which didn't make sense. For Higher you cannot do that so I memorised a truckload f stuff.

I mean, about 35 quotes for me to learn for only 6 marks is just mad. You only get 6 marks for other!

We may have to stop talking hahaha. I hate English and everything to do with it. I have actually said before I hate people who like English ahahahahahahahaha
    :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    English is AWESOME. I am so EXCITED for AH English. All those dissertations mmmm can't wait.
    Yeah right. You wouldnt stop talking to me because i like english

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leicester City)
    There's no point. I am going to use study leave (wisely) and play PS4!

LOL at those who will get Cs and below whereas I, with no revision, attain Bs and above. Anyway, let's wait and see!

COME AT ME EXAMINERS!
    We all have these kind of people in our class. i didn't read and yet they cram their heads off!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether to hate you or wanna be you at this moment-----

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    English is AWESOME. I am so EXCITED for AH English. All those dissertations mmmm can't wait.
    Yeah right. You wouldnt stop talking to me because i like english
    You really know how to piss someone off ahahaha.

Srsly. I HATE ENGLISH. I honestly hate people in my school to death because they like English. I guess since your a girl it's not as bad but pretty bad still

Because when guys like English my mates are all like GAAAAAY and they get battered so yeah

ReputationRep:
    Doing the same as you, exams going fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgcse2016)
    he/she will just lie about their results and pretend they did good to show off that they didnt revise and got good
    IT'S FUNNY THAT MOST OF YOU ARE VULNERABLE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THIS; OF COURSE I'M REVISING, WHY WOULDN'T I?

P.S. To those of you who actually aren't revising, I feel for you... GOOD LUCK IN LIFE!

ReputationRep:
    You LAD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leicester City)
    IT'S FUNNY THAT MOST OF YOU ARE VULNERABLE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THIS; OF COURSE I'M REVISING, WHY WOULDN'T I?

P.S. To those of you who actually aren't revising, I feel for you... GOOD LUCK IN LIFE!
    Vulnerable?? What?? Guessing you didnt do too good in english :'D

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.