Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls , when did you start wearing make up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    17 I usually only wear foundation though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    11/12 I think but i was a disgusting bright orange year 7 so I like to think it doesn't count lmao
    I stopped wearing it for a bit but last year (15) I started wearing it again because it made me feel better about my terrible skin, and I still wear it now (16)
    I only wear foundation and powder though as I'm really bad at makeup! (At least I can admit it now though, I cringe every day when I think back to the naivety of year 7 me )

EDIT: omfg how could i forget the famous year 9 emo phase where I wore really wonky eyeliner and thought I was edgy oh noooo
    OMG I hate it when you are older and realise how bad you were at makeup when you were younger! It makes me cringe...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    At least you learnt from your mistakes though!

ReputationRep:
    I started wearing makeup at 13, in yr 9. I never wear eye makeup to school though.

ReputationRep:
    I started using foundation when I was 16/17, on and off at first, and then every day. Now I use it when I feel like it, but not everyday.

ReputationRep:
    I've never worn makeup unless it's a REALLY important occasion, and I've put makeup on a few times for that sort of stuff since I was around 12.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I used to dance so had to wear make-up for shows and stuff, so probably about 7 in that situation. I started experimenting with eye and face make-up when I was about 9/10, and have worn every day since about 14. I'm 18 now and generally just stick to eye make-up, but that's more because I'm pale as a sheet and I can't for the life of me find a decent foundation that matches my shade, is full coverage, and works for dry skin lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I've just started wearing bb cream, contour, mascara and lipgloss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 12, though I didn't know how to use anything and only had powder. Now, I only wear makeup if i'm going out somewhere big but I had a couple o years where I would swear by wearing makeup every single day

ReputationRep:
    I was 12 then if I'm not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    About 12 to school discos and stuff, and about 14 on a daily basis*

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 13, I really started to get into eyeshadow and lipgloss.

ReputationRep:
    About 14. I just love make up. Trying to apply not so much though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stehwa)
    Just curious.
    19, just a few months ago actually lol

I never enjoyed applying it, talking about it, or the feel of it on my face
    Recently I splashed out for an ID photo cos I had acne though it's gone now, I still wear it cos I enjoyed the process and when I do it myself I can't feel anything except my mascara a little
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    makeup virgin masterrace

ReputationRep:
    I started when I was in year 7. But I did wear makeup here and there before e.g. my year 6 leavers dinner ^.^ used to be just concealer, then it was mascara and concealer. Now my everyday makeup look is concealer, contour powder (just to add a little colour- nothing IMMENSE) mascara, powder to set the concealer ^.^.

ReputationRep:
    I think when I was in like year 8 and then just thought this is a rip off and I look better without it, so now at 18 I don't own any makeup haha

ReputationRep:
    When I was 14

ReputationRep:
    I first started wearing makeup when I was about 13. At one point I went through a phase of wearing way too much eye makeup & massive false lashes. I really cut down on how much makeup I wore after I started wearing glasses- any mistakes I made looked really obvious & it was so annoying feeling my lashes constantly brushing against my lenses plus I could actually see how over the top my eye makeup looked. After this I started trying *out different styles from makeup tutorials on YouTube & managed to find a few looks I really liked & have stuck with since then.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear much makeup, but I occasionally wear foundation but not on a regular basis, and lip gloss, and mascara, but that's it really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.