Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncant)
    i got y=2x-20 and y=2x+10 for tangents of circles
    yes bruv u knowwww bout dat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfieH)
    I got 2^-6 but was worrying cos all I remember from the exam is 2^5 divided by 2^7 which gives ¼ so there must've been something else I can't remember.

Mathematically speaking should be a 2^-4...
    You're right that it would be 1/4, but the whole thing was ^3, and 4^3 is the same as (2^2)^3, and indice rules say that you multiply the 2 and the 3, hence the 6. So pretty sure it would end up as 2^-6

ReputationRep:
    That was impossible!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody remember the question to do with points A and B? It was y=2x^2 and A was h and B was h+5... that's all I remember. There was a proof question to prove the gradient was something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balrajan singh)
    That was impossible!!!!
    Couldn't put it myself . Being getting full marks all year now i just want a C overall, definetely need to step up my game for c2 and s1.

ReputationRep:
    Meant to get an A in further maths and I can't even pass C1, mint 👍🏽

ReputationRep:
    i got this too but i didnt put r>0 !! do you think this was necessary since it is a length after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balrajan singh)
    That was impossible!!!!
    Couldn't put it myself . Been getting full marks all year now i just want a C overall, definetely need to step up my game for c2 and s1.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody remember the question to do with points A and B? It was y=2x^2 and A was h and B was h+5... that's all I remember. There was a proof question to prove the gradient was something?
    Yeah, prove the gradient was 20-h I think?

You had to find y co-ordinates from the equation, A was (5,50) can't remember what B was, then do y1-y2/x1-x2 to get it.

ReputationRep:
    How does OCR decide what grade boundaries will be like?
    Any predictions for this years grade boundaries?
    I recon i lost about 15-16 marks, and I need an A so badly!!!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how much q8 and 10 were out of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabannana111)
    i got this too but i didnt put r>0 !! do you think this was necessary since it is a length after all
    yeah i forgot to put r>0 too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    I got k is less than -2 and greater than 5? And many others got that as well
    I got this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    Yeah, prove the gradient was 20-h I think?

You had to find y co-ordinates from the equation, A was (5,50) can't remember what B was, then do y1-y2/x1-x2 to get it.
    I think I remember now wasn't it prove the gradient was 4h+10 ?

I did it different by finding the midpoint AB, then plugging that into the dy/dx of 2x^2 which then gave me 4x therefore 4(h+2.5h) which still gave me 4h+10..

Reckon I'll still get the 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone make an online Google document thing so we can all input our answers to make the mock MS

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody remember the wording of question 10iv which was talking about finding the other tangent? I can't see why it was 2x+10

ReputationRep:
    The line equation was y=2x^2, then the x-coordinate of A=5 and the x-coordinate of B=5+h and you had to prove the gradient was 20+2h.

I think you had to find the midpoint of the x-coordinates and then put that into the dy/dx of the equation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KevinGu123456789)
    For the question about the circle being wholly inside the other, did anyone else get 0<r<√45 - 5?
    Most people got 0<r<2, but I thought that this may not be right
    0<r !!
    This one is really tricky

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody remember the wording of question 10iv which was talking about finding the other tangent? I can't see why it was 2x+10
    other tangent to circel parallel to tanget at A, find eq of other tangent

ReputationRep:
    What did u get liark? Get coordinates of (10,0) for A aye?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.