Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am!
    Exactly, and oh I wish it was just him. My mother got ****ed over, my aunts, all their husbands had other women on their phones. They were always at 'work'. Lol.
    I'm not doing it, they're all the ****ing same. Love doesn't exist when you're Muslim/ asian. It's all ********. In fact this morning I was told my cousin told one of my aunts that he was going to marry me so he could get to Britain, and divorce me then marry the girl he actually likes and bring her here.

They're all ****ing disgusting I wish I was gay.
    I'm not actually muslim, but my parents are sikh and yes asians are all the same. No love doesn't exist, I don't know what it looks like if it does.

My grandma who lives with my uncle and his wife told me about how he used to beat her, and my mum just acted like it was normal. It's scary. My other uncle threw a plate at his wife from across the table and strangled her.

My mum got punched in the face, pushed of the stairs. It's disgusting, it was because she couldn't have children and her first child (me) was a girl, my dad went to india, found himself a prostitute. Then later when my brother was born he never spoke to her again, makes me feel awful, like I wasn't good enough because I wasn't a boy. I've never loved my dad and it's his fault really.

It's very sad, I'm sorry that you have to see all of this too. I'm sure there are good men out there, I don't know though, I'm 18 and I get really uncomfortable with men,I don't know how I'll ever marry. It's all my dad's fault.

If I ever get married don't want to marry an Indian man, Idec, I just don't want too. I don't want to be reminded of my dad.

(Original post by Multitalented me)
    I come from a Bengali Muslim background & despite my mum & dad arguing there's never been a situation where I've seen him hit her. Women are to be respected, if anything it's our role as men to protect those who are weaker than us. I can't speak for other families though, I'm sure there's a few psychos out there, but it's not something that would just be reserved for one sole ethnicity or even gender.
    Women aren't weaker than you.

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Well the culture where women hit them back should be allowed. Why physically hurt anyone. Women should **** the honour, family **** and get some balls and tell the police so their so called husbands can get arse ****ed in prison viciously

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Believe me, I have no qualms standing up to bullies like him. Last time he hit her, I called the police but they only kept him for half a day and he came back. Quite amusing because he literally cried and complained for weeks about how he did nothing wrong and how he was treated badly and trapped like a bird.funny thing is, all he could think about was himself and not the fact he hit his wife in front of his kids. He tried to show his manliness or whatever by hurting her but that masculinity disappeared when he had to deal with his consequences and he became the victim. He hasn't spoken to me since and tells my sister I will burn in hell for what I did 😂 I win though because he hasn't hurt my mum since, the wimp is too scared of getting in trouble again

I'm not actually muslim, but my parents are sikh and yes asians are all the same. No love doesn't exist, I don't know what it looks like if it does.

My grandma who lives with my uncle and his wife told me about how he used to beat her, and my mum just acted like it was normal. It's scary. My other uncle threw a plate at his wife from across the table and strangled her.

My mum got punched in the face, pushed of the stairs. It's disgusting, it was because she couldn't have children and her first child (me) was a girl, my dad went to india, found himself a prostitute. Then later when my brother was born he never spoke to her again, makes me feel awful, like I wasn't good enough because I wasn't a boy. I've never loved my dad and it's his fault really.

It's very sad, I'm sorry that you have to see all of this too. I'm sure there are good men out there, I don't know though, I'm 18 and I get really uncomfortable with men,I don't know how I'll ever marry. It's all my dad's fault.

If I ever get married don't want to marry an Indian man, Idec, I just don't want too. I don't want to be reminded of my dad.
    Yeah that's just the physical pain, don't get me started with the threats and the car rides when they're screaming they're gonna crash the car and kill everyone in it, the nights we stay up listening to the arguments because we're dragged into it. Waking up to screaming at 4 am. My mother never divorced him, she said she wanted us to grow up with a father. But children can sense when **** ain't right, and I'd rather have 1 parent than 2 who can't be in the same room as each other.
    Some things they done are too graphic to even describe.

Same I try to have high hopes but... I know that if it isn't the dude that's the problem it's gonna be me being too paranoid because of all this ****.
    **** makes me asexual -.-' they say sexuality is not a choice but when you're asian/muslim it has to be :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Women aren't weaker than you.
    I'm pretty sure on average women are weaker physically.

ReputationRep:
    yes true

They do. My mother has a pacemaker and is in bad health generally as well but that doesn't stop it. Kick, belt, slap, punch, you name it. I beg at his feet and my brother covers my mother, my siblings are screaming yet that doesn't phase him. Everyone ends up in tears covered in bruises.

And I know many my age, some as young as 16, and he comes in drunk. I know a 19 year old with two young children (under the age of 3) and she got paint from the store. She dropped the paint bucket on the way home and it spilled on the road. She paid for that with a gallon of tears and a black eye. That was just last week.
    They're all cheaters, they all have multiple *****es they go out and **** while their women are abused and are back home crying to their mothers, cooking and running after the kids.

You can say it's only a few all you want, you come over here and I'll show you all the women/ girls who go through it. Yet they're all too scared to report because of all the 'shame' they'll bring unto themselves, and all the 'family honour' they'll destroy. Getting the neighbours calling 999 on you at 1 am is really preserving your family honour isn't it.

That's why I've decided I won't get married. I don't care who judges me, I'm not going to live like that.
    I almost cried at this, I remember being young and me and my siblings saw my dad hurting our mum, punching her kicking her, and we tried to protect her but we were so small that we couldn't, I used to cry when she cried, I think it's made me a violent person at times but I also think that it makes me hate violence so much, I guess he wasnt a good man but he changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    yup

was it really that funny????
    I laughed because I agreed mate

Are you a girl?

My dad was the same, ****ing a prostitute in india when I was 6. I never want to get married, I'm too scared.
    Wowo

ReputationRep:
    i agree with most of the things you have said!!! im a muslim and in my culture ( not asian) men respect their women they are giving the rights and eqaullity they get. my father and mother get along. my dad never raised his hand or voice at my mom ( all praise to God) i would never want to witness my mother being hit cause if anyone did i would stop it and get rid of that prson ASAP. and ill be 100%honest i dont like asains (pakis and bengalis) esspicaly men. they tend to be racist against blacks and jamicans like youre not any better!!
    You're Muslim and not Asian, I see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    Really? Wow thats interesting.
    Literally every asian i know personally from London has been beaten by their father or even worse their muslim teacher in an islamic school! Which is atrocious as a kid to have the man who is physically superior to you, in a higher position of authority to you, teach you about your religion and then physcially beat you and your fellow students (muslim brothers).....how do we go about our lives saying we love every muslim in the world wen we brutally beat our physically inferior with no right at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hm well it's nice in some respects that I am now aware of this happening.

(Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
    Hm well it's nice in some respects that I am now aware of this happening.
    Wtf. I never knew it was this common.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know any who do tbh, even in my family or friends in Pakistan...

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/5JpvQ1dMKo4

Domestic abuse in asian community

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Asia is an absolutely huge and diverse continent. Even if we get more specific and start naming particular groups, you're still generalising an entire group of people and tarring them with the same brush as the extremely small minority.

Of course some cultures and religions have regressive attitudes towards women, but it's stupid to make statements like "Asian men beat women".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As if domestic abuse doesn't happen all the time in Britain, of course its worse in poorer less democratic countries! But it happens a lot here too

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.