Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    I never thought I'd say this but I agree with DMcGovern here.
    Aww yay - sure my views aren't total insanity I don't know why ye'd never think of saying it

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking about the transgenders just walking into any bathroom they identify as ... yeah, I'm not cool with that. What makes me uncomfortable is sharing the restrooms with an obvious dude. If they looked like a woman, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

So some of you are okay with 6'1 men with muscles who look like drag queen sharing the restroom with females? It is not that hard to throw on a wig, and scream you're a transgender when you're caught. It really isn't. The average transgender boy does not pass for a girl. If you're a male, you can defend yourself. The reason why girls/women don't want men sharing the bathrooms because they might get overpowered and harmed. It has little to do with transgenders. If the transgender is serious about then they would use the bathroom they identify as after going to the surgeries. Some men are using the transgender excuse to use the the women's bathroom.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Transspeciesism and the other things you list are a bit odd, I'll admit, but as long as they're doing no one any harm I don't see a problem.
    Ah, so now things are redefined so that it is only harm to others that matters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    But this is the elemental composition of the human body ! Once again you are going against basic biology .....
    And how dare you ! I have the right to indenify Myslef as what I want ! What happened to equal rights ?
    You don't go into a pub and asked for a pint of brewed, fermented hops.

The same way I don't adress you as a complete plethra of chemical elements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Have a Venn-esque diagram. I hope it helps.

Attachment 529451

(Again, if I've gone wrong, feel free to correct me - I'm no expert.)
    Oh... this makes much more sense now! Thanks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)

But how else do you tell a H2O2 joke?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Oh... this makes much more sense now! Thanks
    No problem!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Isn't the whole point of this to work towards letting people be referred to AS THEY WANT TO BE without discrimination, and now you're denying Hazzer the right to be referred to as he wants to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

But that was the elemental composition of all human beings .......Surly i can indenify as this rather than male or female just like in this bill people can be indenify as no gender in particular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Ah, so now things are redefined so that it is only harm to others that matters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't say that. Whether people cause harm to themselves matters too.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Isn't the whole point of this to work towards letting people be referred to AS THEY WANT TO BE without discrimination, and now you're denying Hazzer the right to be referred to as he wants to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    a) Not when it's an obvious trivialisation and b) this bill isn't for people to choose what they want to be referred as ; it's for male , female or non of the above. Hazzer can be part of the latter if he feels like he isn't Male or Female.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    a) Not when it's an obvious trivialisation and b) this bill isn't for people to choose what they want to be referred as ; it's for male , female or non of the above. Hazzer can be part of the latter if he feels like he isn't Male or Female.
    Who is to judge whether it is a random trivialisation, in the race not to offend one surely should not assume it to be a trivialisation, after all, to deny it as a trivialisation might lead them to jumping in front of a train and how then would you live with yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    At least I fire on target. You just spray it all over the place, and hope to hit anything.
    That's not true, I don't target children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    If we're talking about the transgenders just walking into any bathroom they identify as ... yeah, I'm not cool with that. What makes me uncomfortable is sharing the restrooms with an obvious dude. If they looked like a woman, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

So some of you are okay with 6'1 men with muscles who look like drag queen sharing the restroom with females? It is not that hard to throw on a wig, and scream you're a transgender when you're caught. It really isn't. The average transgender boy does not pass for a girl. If you're a male, you can defend yourself. The reason why girls/women don't want men sharing the bathrooms because they might get overpowered and harmed. It has little to do with transgenders. If the transgender is serious about then they would use the bathroom they identify as after going to the surgeries. Some men are using the transgender excuse to use the the women's bathroom.
    That's never happened. There are 0 instances of transgender women sexually assaulting other women in the toilet.

I wouldn't feel uncomfortable going to the same public toilets as a transgender woman, regardless of her appearance. I also wouldn't feel uncomfortable sharing a changing room with a transgender woman. Or my girl guiding groups. Or any other women only space.

Radical ideas, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Who is to judge whether it is a random trivialisation, in the race not to offend one surely should not assume it to be a trivialisation, after all, to deny it as a trivialisation might lead them to jumping in front of a train and how then would you live with yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm very offended that I cannot indenify as the basic elements of the composition of the human body .... I find such discrimination absolutely disgusting..... I WANT SOCIAL JUSTICE

ReputationRep:
    Gender dysphoria is a disorder like any other, and needs to be treated as such. This is a step in the wrong direction.

Nay.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Katty3)
    That's never happened. There are 0 instances of transgender women sexually assaulting other women in the toilet.

I wouldn't feel uncomfortable going to the same public toilets as a transgender woman, regardless of her appearance. I also wouldn't feel uncomfortable sharing a changing room with a transgender woman. Or my girl guiding groups. Or any other women only space.

Radical ideas, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is the whole point of such things not to make people feel more comfortable? I would hardly call myself utilitarian, but surely it fails if to make up to half a percent of the population feel more comfortable you have to make compromises for more than half a percent and make them feel less comfortable. It's actually not difficult to find cases of rape victims saying that mixing toilets in terms of the sex of people allowed in makes them feel uncomfortable, the solution is for THEM to use the disabled toilets.

It was also interesting seeing that the guy leading the campaign for gender neutral toilets in I cannot remember which state is a registered sex offender.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Gender dysphoria is a disorder like any other, and needs to be treated as such. This is a step in the wrong direction.

Nay.
    The most effective treatment for gender dysphoria is transitioning. Denying transgender people this actually increases the suicide rate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)

Radical ideas, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your source? I find this extremely hard to believe. Not that I'm saying it's common however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Your source? I find this extremely hard to believe. Not that I'm saying it's common however.
    http://m.mic.com/articles/114066/sta...oms#.jiHRD7gZg

It's American, but I can find absolutely no evidence of such a thing ever happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.