Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    islam gives women no rights? :unimpressed: lol what a load of bs

According to your interpretations of the Qur'an women seem to be worth nothing yet they are so highly respected that paradise lies under the feet of each mother! ما شاء الله !

Seeing as we're dishing out verses, why don't you read this one, or quite a few for that matter

Genesis 3:16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

(Original post by Hydeman)
    You sure it's not too late to annul your conversion?
    I swear to god I genuinely think I'm the only person ever who's capable of turning an islam hating thread into a sexual one 😂😂😂

Oh, but I did. :pierre:
    But Daddy, you're so mean. You ned to make it up to baby girl right now or I won't go to sleep!

I'm anything but a prude -- I just didn't want to be mistaken for a sexual predator. :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, there's one or more stalkers who occasionally go through my post history and report any post that they can get a conviction out of, and :topic: and 'not constructive' are favourites for that purpose.
    Aaah I see. Just didn't want what happened to Iliberal Liberal to happen to you?

Would love to, but exams in less than a month. :sad:

:cry2:
    Oh no that reminds me, I've been procrastinating!!! Mine is in 24 hours. F*uuuck I must go now - laters love! But damnit now I'm turned on. I hate you for this. You better make it up to me sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilrho)
    Hahahaha just read it and you'll take back what you said about Queen Bee
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No reason to be disappointed, I'm the same sex-crazed monkey with the long legs. Except I've already started modelling hence the hiatus. Oh and I don't drink,eat pork and pray 5 times a day (usually 6 too cause I love praying so much)
    Can you still have sex though?

(Original post by Josb)
    Yes Josb, i've still got a Vajayjay - no reason why I can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    But this happens ALL the time on TSR. I don't want to sound like a broken record.
    I think a lot of the TSR community have questions/reservations about certain things because they don't understand or hear from the other side of the argument, particularly in this type of thread. I don't see many developed arguments from an Islamic perspective, I would love to see this. Often, from all corners of the debate it is a short phrase soundbite type argument, this isn't as beneficial in my opinion.

I understand it might get repetitive but I feel dialogue is better than silence when it comes to these issues, it helps us learn and progress. I fear many people may read comments on here and not give their side to the story, and thus perhaps go away feeling angry or disheartened at the views they have read on here.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Josb, i've still got a Vajayjay - no reason why I can't.
    I mean outside marriage.

(Original post by Josb)
    I mean outside marriage.
    I don't think I'll ever even get married, not my thing. And if I do I'm getting married to 4 different guys from 4 different races and 4 different continents hehe!

All or nothing, amiright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Good old Josb, straight to the point... no foreplay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I own and have read the Quran. I have discussed and listened to so many arguments, justifications and various points of views. I have known many pleasant muslims.

Conclusion: Islam is an insidious religion, an anathema to liberal secular values that the world would be so much better off without

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll ever even get married, not my thing. And if I do I'm getting married to 4 different guys from 4 different races and 4 different continents hehe!

All or nothing, amiright?
    What sort of Islam is that? :rofl:

(Original post by chemting)
    Good old Josb, straight to the point... no foreplay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    It condones the punishment of gay people
    It believes in the murder of apostates
    It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
    Rape in marriage is ok apparently
    Girls get less portions than boys
    Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
    And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

*gets popcorn
    someone messaged me regarding this post so I thought I'd check it out. As always it's the same usual stuff about women, implying that islam is a sexist religion. You claim rape in marriage is ok ''apparently'', which must mean you're unsure? or maybe not since you've read the Quran, personally I've never come across such a verse, but that's very interesting to know.

ReputationRep:
    Ignorant!

Your statements are based on the lies and propaganda sold by the mainstream media for the ignoramus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    I own and have read the Quran. I have discussed and listened to so many arguments, justifications and various points of views. I have known many pleasant muslims.

Conclusion: Islam is an insidious religion, an anathema to liberal secular values that the world would be so much better off without
    inb4:

"You should research more properly."
    "The media lie and give a misrepresentation of Islam."
    "If you cannot read 7th century Arabic, your opinion is worthless."
    "You're not a scholar, your opinion is worthless"
    "Racist, moron, uneducated, crooked nose, etc."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Please come off anon and tell me that. If you're so proud of what you're saying, say it loud and proud, not hiding behind some anon function sweetheart.

And I've read the Quran and still didn't agree with it so I have my reasons.
    okay but for real tho, hav you actually read it? if you have then youd know that rape and the mistreatment of women is highly fought against so stfd.

(Original post by Josb)
    What sort of Islam is that? :rofl:

:perv:
    Different to the salafi/wahabi/literal/extremist one for sure! I'll show you into my brain some other time Josb - gotta stop procrastinating and get back to revision, history a level exam day after tomorrow and still didn't finish the syllabus as I'm self-taught. AAAGHHH freaking out. Wish me luck. Laters love xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisahaha)
    islam gives women no rights? :unimpressed: lol what a load of bs

according to your interpretations of the qur'an women seem to be worth nothing yet they are so highly respected that paradise lies under the feet of each mother! ما شاء الله !

Seeing as we're dishing out verses, why don't you read this one, or quite a few for that matter

genesis 3:16unto the woman he said, i will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
    say it louder:d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    inb4:

"You should research more properly."
    "The media lie and give a misrepresentation of Islam."
    "If you cannot read 7th century Arabic, your opinion is worthless."
    "You're not a scholar, your opinion is worthless"
    "Racist, moron, uneducated, crooked nose, etc."
    You know, i literally typed out half of this post before deciding i couldn't be bothered.

Great minds eh..

(Original post by Josb)
    Thanks for asking so I didn't have to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penpenpen)
    I think I got it. So we are saying that people are allowed to think and speak within certain boundaries?!
    Nope - there is no boundary to where your mind can take you. Our minds think at a rate faster than the speed of light (eg you can think yourself in another solar system faster than light takes to reach us from that same star system).

I'd say, within the bounds of our human biology, if you "wrap" the opposite sex up then, if that opposite sex, goes to a place that is "unwrapped" it will behave (on significant numbers of occasions) in weird and unpredictable but self justified ways (self justified religious belief)..

Covering of girls and women for "purity" and "niceness" reasons is potentially harmful for boys and men.

Do a simple experiment as a women wearing a veil. Go up to 10 muslim boys/men and ask them what to they think of young women who do not wear veils?

If ONE of the ten say something unpleasant about girls or women who do not wear veils that would potentially be bad enough to stop wearing them (if repeatable). If none of the 10 muslim boys/men say anything bad about women or girls who do not wear veils then you know that you have done an experiment and you can feel some justification for what you do.

If you want to be truely open minded do the experiment.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for asking so I didn't have to.
    Apparently, she can still have sex, but only in interracial gang-bangs. Do you know which Islamic sect advocates this?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.