Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack1066)
    Yeah I'm resitting C2 as well. Chances are with this being a nice c1 paper that this c2 paper is gonna **** me over somehow. For some reason I just keep messing up on triangles on C2, and just make general mistakes throughout the paper. Need prep for next Wednesday definitely.
    I'd defo look over the Jan 2014 paper which seems to have extreme versions of a number of the standard questions we're used to on C2.

You defo need a good knowledge of cosine rule rearrangement, angles and triangles so that would be a good one to look at.

Also a pretty intense arithmetic question where you have to simultaneously solve 2 sequences algebraically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonb365)
    Just to throw a quick tangent to this convo (no pun intended ) what do we think (if you're doing it), that the C2 paper will be like. On a resitting marathon of 1 & 2 after disappointments last year (did well on S1 though) and the past 3 C2 papers have been challenging. Would like another one of that mould, keeping the A boundary around the 55-56 mark.
    I prefer c2 purely because I don't have to count mentally! I work so much quicker if I don't need to use my brain to count.

Last year was a little dodgy for c2, particularly for the last question if you didn't think of using pi r squared to find the area of red roses.

With regard to the questions, the simultaneous equations question in 5b of c1 today was virtually lifted from Edexcel C1 2015.

The boards seem to be robbing each others questions, so I would anticipate an applied AP or Gp such as a depreciating car or maybe a bank account with compound interest, an edexcel and aqa favorite. I strongly advise looking to other boards for c2!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luketidley)
    Did anyone get 1/9 for one of the questions? Can't remember which one haha
    I defo had 1/9 for something!!!

ReputationRep:
    Here's a (very) unofficial mark scheme since there hasn't been one published yet. Mostly just the answers but some method in there as well
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sallyanne123)
    Here's a (very) unofficial mark scheme since there hasn't been one published yet. Mostly just the answers but some method in there as well
    Do you have a copy of the paper? If not I will be able to obtain one by tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi173)
    I had 19 for the f(2.25) did anyone else?
    I got 19 too !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedanticStudent)
    Do you have a copy of the paper? If not I will be able to obtain one by tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I don't they wouldn't let us have a copy :L

ReputationRep:
    ooh sallie anne I don't think I got around to answering those questions! what page number were they on??

morgan - xxx

ReputationRep:
    guys is this the gcse foundaton paper

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundary for full UMS will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiko291099)
    What do you think the grade boundary for full UMS will be?
    Between 70 and 75 I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broganrogers)
    I think it went quite well!
    I had -7 for m
    brogan are you from mountain ash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorganDaBrainBox)
    guys is this the gcse foundaton paper
    What a troll

ReputationRep:
    What a troll
    shutup sallie anne i bet thats not even your real name

ReputationRep:
    The question on the equation of BD threw me completely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertlover)
    The question on the equation of BD threw me completely
    It was an oddball question! I could only do it because there was an identical question on a past paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! Looking at this I only lost marks on the 1c! I hated that question

ReputationRep:
    ****in easy BOYZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedanticStudent)
    It was an oddball question! I could only do it because there was an identical question on a past paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep a few of my friends said that they'd seen it prior aswell, was dodgy one. I hope it wasn't worth too many marks...

I wonder how difficult the C2 paper will be.

Is anyone sitting WJEC M1 in June, I know its a while away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi173)
    Thank you!! Looking at this I only lost marks on the 1c! I hated that question
    I know right, I spent waaaay longer than I'd like to admit on that question seeing as it wasn't really difficult at all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.