Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, was wondering if GD comes up will it be possible that we could be asked to discuss 2 specific Defences EG, insanity and consent, i know they havent done it before but does anyone think they could/would?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does gross negligence manslaughter have a men's rea? We got taught it doesn't lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesomewarsome)
    Does gross negligence manslaughter have a men's rea? We got taught it doesn't lol
    We were taught that the mens rea is intention to cause a dangerous situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexGedgar1)
    Is anyone going to risk just learning Non-Fatal Offences Evaluation for Unit 3 and then just learning Law and Morality for Unit 4.
    you are shooting youreself in the foot if you do!

i will attach my essay plans for the reform questions if you like
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx prob reform to murder an v.ms.docx (25.2 KB, 89 views)
  2. File Type: docx 2 defence an a reform.docx (23.4 KB, 86 views)
  3. File Type: docx Critical evaluation on non fatal offences with reforms.docx (23.6 KB, 137 views)

ReputationRep:
    I think we can safely eliminate murder for the evaluation essay for unit 3.

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody doing contract law for Unit 3? Do you have any predictions for the evaluation question?

ReputationRep:
    No- just know the definition in Bateman gross negligence is "showing such disregard for the life and safety of others it amounts to a crime against the state and therefore deserves criminal punishment"

Also you need to know the facts of Adomako!

ReputationRep:
    what is the structure like for OAPA questions?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the detail level should be for the application?? I'm quite worried as I'm not that good at application I got a high B grade last year and really want an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    I think we can safely eliminate murder for the evaluation essay for unit 3.
    Yep! I'm only learning the non fatals :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    No- just know the definition in Bateman gross negligence is "showing such disregard for the life and safety of others it amounts to a crime against the state and therefore deserves criminal punishment"

? We didnt get told the facts for Adamako. We were only taught that it set out the 3 part test for gross negligence. And yes Batesman is correct for MR of gross negligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)

Yeah that's correct, we got taught the definition of gross negligence is : the defendant owes a duty of care to the victim, where this duty of care has been breached causes death; and the the breach of duty was so bad in all the circumstances as to amount to a crime against the state.

So there's no men's rea attached, it's just the definition right? I got a little confused because on some rescources it says the men's rea is intention or recklessness so I was a little confused!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    ? We didnt get told the facts for Adamako. We were only taught that it set out the 3 part test for gross negligence. And yes Batesman is correct for MR of gross negligence
    You need it to get sound. Basically in Adomako D an anesthetist didn't realise that the oxygen tube on V was disconnected for six whole minutes, the competent anaesthetist would've realised in 15 seconds, therefore he was liable for GNM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    You need it to get sound. Basically in Adomako D an anesthetist didn't realise that the oxygen tube on V was disconnected for six whole minutes, the competent anaesthetist would've realised in 15 seconds, therefore he was liable for GNM.
    i dont see how you would use the case apart from saying it sets out GNM

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to go through MR on a paper as the existance of Gross Negligence implies recklessness in itself.

ReputationRep:
    i dont see how you would use the case apart from saying it sets out GNM
    if you send me your email I can send you a model answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgoddard08)
    You don't need to go through MR on a paper as the existance of Gross Negligence implies recklessness in itself.
    Right, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Right, thank you!
    ive been told to go through the MR

ReputationRep:
    ive been told to go through the MR
    Your teacher must be ****- look on the AQA website they have model answers :-)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a short essay on fault or an essay plan for fault?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.