Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schoolgirl1)
    I got 40% too
    Good I'm just panicking as the question was worth 3 marks so I'd say 1 for working out and 1 for the right answer, but where does the third one come from? 😱

ReputationRep:
    Omg the pie chart! I didn't have a protractor or compass was it meant to be free hand? Mine didn't look like a circle lol...
    I forgot to put a title on it too and I used percentages instead of doing them times 360 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanyabarzilova)
    Good I'm just panicking as the question was worth 3 marks so I'd say 1 for working out and 1 for the right answer, but where does the third one come from? 😱
    one for dividing, one for x100 then one for the significant figures maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Where would the calculations for the inferential statistics in a report go? I put results but I'm pretty sure I messed it up and I think it was the appendices? What did everyone else put?

ReputationRep:
    one for dividing, one for x100 then one for the significant figures maybe?
    That's quite generous of them then

ReputationRep:
    Omg the pie chart! I didn't have a protractor or compass was it meant to be free hand? Mine didn't look like a circle lol...
    I forgot to put a title on it too and I used percentages instead of doing them times 360 :/
    Omg i completely forgot that too! I did x100

ReputationRep:
    that's perfectly fine I mean this is psychology not maths, so if you allocated the correct percentages and drew it free hand you will most likely get full marks for that

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe people struggled with this one, i mean i found 1 or 2 things a bit wierd but things like working out the mode and how many sf is so easy you should be grateful it showed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virolite)
    that's perfectly fine I mean this is psychology not maths, so if you allocated the correct percentages and drew it free hand you will most likely get full marks for that
    Well it was 4 marks so I think I would have had to include a title, oh well :/

ReputationRep:
    Where would the calculations for the inferential statistics in a report go? I put results but I'm pretty sure I messed it up and I think it was the appendices? What did everyone else put?
    description

ReputationRep:
    description
    wait do you mean discussion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeF)
    I cant believe people struggled with this one, i mean i found 1 or 2 things a bit wierd but things like working out the mode and how many sf is so easy you should be grateful it showed up.
    you're right, this was honestly a gift of a paper

ReputationRep:
    To be completely honest, the hardest bit for me this paper was trying to figure out what more i need to write in those 6 markers. Even the 3 marker null hypothesis question, im not sure what i need for 3 marks, i just wrote down a null hypotheses using the word 'significantly' and also operationalising.

ReputationRep:
    No it wasn't like for section B there wasn't much context on the description of the study so it made it hard for me to answer the questions! And i messed up on section C too :/

ReputationRep:
    It's appendices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeF)
    To be completely honest, the hardest bit for me this paper was trying to figure out what more i need to write in those 6 markers. Even the 3 marker null hypothesis question, im not sure what i need for 3 marks, i just wrote down a null hypotheses using the word 'significantly' and also operationalising.
    Probably a mark for using the word significant, a mark for mentioning the DV and IV and a mark for saying about any difference is due to chance

ReputationRep:
    what did you put as the DV?
    Elderly by mistake, I assumed that the DV what the variable you kept the same only realizing after that it is something you measure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LowkeyLogical)
    Elderly by mistake, I assumed that the DV what the variable you kept the same only realizing after that it is something you measure
    Was the DV how lonely they were?

ReputationRep:
    Was the DV how lonely they were?
    yup it was

ReputationRep:
    for the 12 marker what did everyone put for the extraneous variable? I put that not everyone likes pets therefore it creates biased results or something and to control it I said using a self-selecting sample so that people who didn't like pets wouldn't volunteer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.