Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel GCSE Physical Education - Unit 1: Theory - Friday 20th May 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelle15)
    Thought that was a gift of a paper!
    Got 50/50 on practical so my teacher said i would only need around 50/55 for an A* overall and in past papers i usually get around 68.

For the last 6 marker i just put about what the muscular system is, what the skeletal system is, how the ligaments/tendons/muscles attach to bone, flexion to extension, antagonistic pairs, and the muscles and bones involved...hopefully thats all the shebang needed!

What on earth did people put for 'Why does a cyclist need a bike? (3 marks)'
    For the cyclist it was specificity and I wrote about using it to perform performance by increasing the cardiovascular fitness and muscular endurance

ReputationRep:
    Anyone able to put a unofficial mark scheme together?? Wondering how I think I did

ReputationRep:
    Got 50/50 on practical so my teacher said i would only need around 50/55 for an A* overall and in past papers i usually get around 68.

For the last 6 marker i just put about what the muscular system is, what the skeletal system is, how the ligaments/tendons/muscles attach to bone, flexion to extension, antagonistic pairs, and the muscles and bones involved...hopefully thats all the shebang needed!

I did a similar thing for the last six marker and i normally get around 70 on the paper. For a cyclist needing a bike i related it to specificity and how by training on a bike they cyclist would train all required body systems needed for cycling

ReputationRep:
    Argh!!! I though the question about a cyclist needing a bike read why does a cyclist use a bike machine and so answered it incorrectly! I also need 72 for an A* so losing marks is just awful..,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    Argh!!! I though the question about a cyclist needing a bike read why does a cyclist use a bike machine and so answered it incorrectly! I also need 72 for an A* so losing marks is just awful..,
    I thought i was in that exact situation but i did slightly better than i thought and got 46 rather than 45, so i require 66. I think the six markers shall decide our fate

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the 2nd warmup method and the 2nd power test??

ReputationRep:
    Got 50/50 on practical so my teacher said i would only need around 50-55 out of 80 for an A* overall and in past papers i usually get around 68.

That was such a stupid question! I put how it trains the same muscles but didn't understand how to get 3 marks out of it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottixo)
    For the power test I put standing broad jump and Sargent jump test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    For the power test I put standing broad jump and Sargent jump test
    I put sergeant jump test and Standing long jump, do you think i'll still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any info on possibly re sitting this exam ,if its possible to do so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottixo)
    1) preparing mentally for main event so you are more motivated to do well and energetic
    2) practising skills so improving performance

Power tests: standing broad jump + sergeant jump test

ReputationRep:
    I put sergeant jump test and Standing long jump, do you think i'll still get the marks?
    you will get the marks

ReputationRep:
    if i got 47/50 in the practical how many marks would i need on the paper to get an A/A* ??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a unofficial mark scheme yet?

ReputationRep:
    someone please make an unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    What was the interval question in the exam. Can someone remember the whole thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indistinct)
    What did poeple write about for the two final 6 markers and also the question about reaction time during the 800m, i think I've lost some marks on those questions
    for the 800m one i said that if they tripped in the race, they would need a good reaction time to recover

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe1235)
    What was the interval question in the exam. Can someone remember the whole thing
    how would a 10,000m runner use it and a 100m sprinter??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviasanders1)
    how would a 10,000m runner use it and a 100m sprinter??
    What was the question sorry?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.