Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you plan to live in the UK for the rest of your life? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    No, I'm already gonna apply to universities in Holland, and I'm planning on working/living in either Holland or Dubai.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Yes! I'm already gonna apply to universities in Holland, and I'm planning on working/living in either Holland or Dubai.
    But that isn't the UK! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Probs

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I'm already gonna apply to universities in Holland, and I'm planning on working/living in either Holland or Dubai.
    I love Dubai because I am actually obsessed with camels more than their luxurious life.

ReputationRep:
    I'd consider Dubai for a short while, and long term perhaps Canada or New Zealand (no language barrier and seem like nice places). But most likely I'll stay in the UK tbh.

ReputationRep:
    There is a 90% chance I'll move away from England when I have the chance, I've lived here my whole life, seen all the sights, lived up and down the country, sure there are some nice places and perks like free healthcare and the likes, but I need to move on. I've always dreamt of living somewhere like Japan, but I can only see that as a short term option, my potentially more permanent option is the USA, either somewhere really buzzing with big cities (New York, San Fransisco, California) or the quiet and picturesque places like Alaska. :yep:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    But that isn't the UK! :rofl:
    O **** thanks for telling me :rofl:
    Edited

(Original post by Mizuz)
    I love Dubai because I am actually obsessed with camels more than their luxurious life.
    Oh that's nice dear, I like how the economy works there, and how (with a good degree) they respect you more there, no taxes, plus I've got connections and a lot of family there.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm already gonna apply to universities in Holland, and I'm planning on working/living in either Holland or Dubai.
    Come Holland it's mad ting

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Been all over the world but there's just no place like the UK. Love it. The US is fun though, just a bit too intense for me. Odd culture there.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    Come Holland it's mad ting
    Was born and brought up there init m8

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to move. I don't want to be a hater but Uk is not my place to live at all. This chill life style is too boring for me lol.
    After uni I would like to move in US,California but if I can't I'll just go back in my country, Romania, it is a cool country XD

ReputationRep:
    Was born and brought up there init m8
    veilig fam

ReputationRep:
    I would probably stay in the UK for a long time as it is perfect for me. I wouldn't mind a few holiday homes in Canada/some Scandinavian country with the possibility of moving there for retirement. No solid plans for that though, I will likely spend my life here.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'm really not sure what I want. And what I can and am able to do may revolve around my family and their health particularly my mum's. At the moment I don't think I'd even be able to leave the area of England I live in.

I do sometimes find myself thinking it would be nice to work in a vineyard in Italy for a short time or housekeeping in France. Just to immerse in the countries really, not as a permanent move or career. Just to experience the culture, food and language.

ReputationRep:
    Idk why but I really fancy going to Canada. It's so big, wealthy , multicultural and there's lots of wildlife.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully. But if things in this country go really down hill then I'll probably move to Canada.

ReputationRep:
    No, I have no desire to stay in the EU, especially with this large wave of far left radical extremist politics sweeping the EU, they control most of the EU governence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Hopefully. But if things in this country go really down hill then I'll probably move to Canada.
    It's going in the same direction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen96)
    No, I have no desire to stay in the EU, especially with this large wave of far left radical extremist politics sweeping the EU, they control most of the EU governence
    Needs to be a return to moderate liberalism I think, the issue is the battle is fought between pro business and pro labor without any middle ground, this is what government should be, promoting the best deal for both parties, instead we have the left concentrating on ridiculous agendas like made up racism and the right focusing on repealing social security which is desperately needed by many. Both are guilty of cuts to armed forces at an extremely dangerous time in history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Needs to be a return to moderate liberalism I think, the issue is the battle is fought between pro business and pro labor without any middle ground, this is what government should be, promoting the best deal for both parties, instead we have the left concentrating on ridiculous agendas like made up racism and the right focusing on repealing social security which is desperately needed by many. Both are guilty of cuts to armed forces at an extremely dangerous time in history.
    The EU is fuelling extremism whether it be radical left and Islamic extremism from the left or radical right wing extremism. The EU needs to crumble if we want stability. There is so much dissatisfaction with the system that anger is growing by the day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.