Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Well then clearly if the racists (I'm sorry, 'Euroskeptics') win and people vote to leave then we should also have another referendum.
    It's racist to be a euroskeptic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    How is being anti-EU even remotely equatable with being racist?
    Well, there is the matter of blocking borders external to the EU. You'd have to be stupid not to see the connection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    This is the entire point you muppet. What do you think unemployed people do? You really think unemployed Brits (many who have degrees) have less skills than Poles? On what planet?
    many also never want to work and enjoy living off benefits my friend

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with it.
    It's like a child throwing it's toys out of the pram saying 'it's not fair I didn't get what I wanted'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran1996)
    many also never want to work and enjoy living off benefits my friend
    Also immigrants have payed 34% more money in taxes than they have recieved from beneifits and other services.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooFocused)
    Lol what a juvenile and shallow thing to say. Just as bad as people who criticise farage IMO.
    How is it juvenile and shallow to criticise Farage you numpty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay_Gatsby123)
    Also immigrants have payed 34% more money in taxes than they have received from benefits and other services.
    (just thought I'd spell check your post before some numpty comes along and corrects you)

But yes, I don't that figure at all, I'm not surprised.

I find it funny that people just think "Poles" are less educated that us, everyone I work with has a degree... even the "Poles"... I think British people need to realise there will be competition for jobs outside of the EU anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It is juvenile and shallow to equate euroskepticism with racism. I feel that is just as bad as some of Farage's tactics, numpty.
    Are you stupid?

Read you own post:

Lol what a juvenile and shallow thing to say. Just as bad as people who criticise farage IMO.
    You never said Farage's tactics were bad.

ReputationRep:
    Are you stupid?

Read you own post:

You never compared the two things...
    Lol learn some manners pls. What I was meaning to say was equating euroskepticism with racism is just as bad as some on the extreme UKIP bandwagon. Ty polite person.

ReputationRep:
    Lol learn some manners pls. What I was meaning to say was equating euroskepticism with racism is just as bad as some on the extreme UKIP bandwagon. Ty polite person.
    Well if that the case then I agree with you.

Sorry for being rude

ReputationRep:
    Well if that the case then I agree with you.

Sorry for being rude
    I had muddled my words up it's cool. I was confused seeing as we appeared to be on the same wavelength but for my **** up :rofl:.

ReputationRep:
    I had muddled my words up it's cool. I was confused seeing as we appeared to be on the same wavelength but for my **** up :rofl:.
    I think my confusion came out as anger... Oppss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Well then clearly if the racists (I'm sorry, 'Euroskeptics' win and people vote to leave then we should also have another referendum.
    This is you:

ReputationRep:
    I've been called a Nazi too. So here's what we do, we Nazi ourselves up real good and we go blitzkrieg on their ass.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully leave will win bye bye EU

ReputationRep:
    They aren't equal, but there's overlap. At least part of the UKIP movement is strongly motivated by racism. When Farage only talked about the EU, he got little support - when he moved on to immigration, support for UKIP surged - classic dog whistle politics. At least 30% of the white electorate are strongly racist, hence the easy win there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    They aren't equal, but there's overlap. At least part of the UKIP movement is strongly motivated by racism. When Farage only talked about the EU, he got little support - when he moved on to immigration, support for UKIP surged - classic dog whistle politics. At least 30% of the white electorate are strongly racist, hence the easy win there.
    1) Legitimate concerns about net levels of migration does not necessarily make someone racist? Maybe it simply means it was brought to the forefront of discussion and more people realised that immigration may be unsustainable in terms of wage compression, burden on infrastructure etc? I get what you're saying in that someone who is racist may like to jump on the bandwagon of "us vs them" but how could you differentiate the causation between that and what I just said?

2) How do you know 30% are strongly racist?

Devil's advocate, just interested.

ReputationRep:
    At least 30% of the white electorate are strongly racist
    mirin your application of negative characteristics to a racial group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    Nigel Farage has called for a second referendum on our EU membership in the event of a narrow Remain win.

What do you think about this?

I see this as extremely hypocritical. UKIP and Euroskeptics had cricitised the second Lisbon Treaty referendum that Ireland had claiming, falsely, that the EU ignored the first result. Now it seems that some of them would like the same thing.
    Their complaints didn't result in the referendum in Ireland being withdrawn or the result or the treaty disclaimed, so I don't see this as hypocritical. They are under no obligation to play by rules their opponents won't agree to, even if they would prefer everyone played by those rules.

Similarly the SNP campaigned for proportional representation which would have given them 20-30 seats instead of the 50+ they actually won. They did not give any of those seats back.

ReputationRep:
    At least 30% of the white electorate are strongly racist, hence the easy win there.
    Source?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.