Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=legend.786;64887605]Can anyone tell me if this is correct i wrote that wen light shines on the shoot the auxins distribute to the shaded side and the make the growth faster and they cause cell elongation so that part will grow but the top will be slow so it will end up curving. I also wrote that the plant will react to the stimulus and the change if environment .

Will this get me the marks thanks

[

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Don't worry you're correct. My teacher saw the paper after we all did it and she said it's 50%. She knew some of us would interpret it wrong or not read it properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad to get that clarified- thanks for supporting me there! I was really panicking then. How did you find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=legend.786;64888153]
    (Original post by legend.786)
    Can anyone tell me if this is correct i wrote that wen light shines on the shoot the auxins distribute to the shaded side and the make the growth faster and they cause cell elongation so that part will grow but the top will be slow so it will end up curving. I also wrote that the plant will react to the stimulus and the change if environment .

Will this get me the marks thanks

[

Posted from TSR Mobile
    U will get marks but I don't think u were clear enough to get full marks.

I wrote something similar. This is what I wrote (not in full sentences):

Sun shines on one side of the root.
    Causes more auxin in shaded area.
    This causes shoot to elongate faster in the shaded side.
    Causes the shoot to curve towards the light.
    Showing a positive phototropic behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry you're correct. My teacher saw the paper after we all did it and she said it's 50%. She knew some of us would interpret it wrong or not read it properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well. Seeing as I'm not the only one who got 75%, then I'm pretty sure I'm correct.
    (Original post by JamieGre)
    I got 75%.
    Your teacher saw it? That's laughable as the school only provides papers to account for every student, as some do higher and foundation, some do AQA/edexcel - so Im pretty sure, that your teacher couldn't look at an exam paper without looking at a students' and I'm pretty sure that would go against exam regulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik_k1)
    Glad to get that clarified- thanks for supporting me there! I was really panicking then. How did you find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha that's ok normally the questions are like 'what are the chances the offspring will not be a sufferer?' And for that question you would include the 'RR' however this paper was slightly different from any other B1 paper I did and it was more in depth for each topic haha.

I found it very easy counted the marks I definitely got and it was 55 or 56/60 haha so I am pleased! How did you find the exam?

Focussing on C1 now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aesking)
    Well. Seeing as I'm not the only one who got 75%, then I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

Your teacher saw it? That's laughable as the school only provides papers to account for every student, as some do higher and foundation, some do AQA/edexcel - so Im pretty sure, that your teacher couldn't look at an exam paper without looking at a students' and I'm pretty sure that would go against exam regulations.
    Actually they bring spares? And yes the teacher did see it after. My french teacher saw the paper we did and I found out I got nearly full marks soo I must have been dreaming

It would be a stupid thing to do to not bring in extra papers. This boy got the wrong tier for his past paper. What would have happened if they didn't have any spare tier papers? He would've had to do the wrong one.

Its 50 mate and no need to get so angry. If my biology teacher has the paper I'll take a pic and post it here (if that's allowed so anyone please tell me if that is allowed I do not want to be disqualified haha).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put protein and that's what the answer the question was on other tests too and it was this
    (Original post by MohAhmedRS)
    For what molecule helps growth did you put protein. When i came out of the exam some people were saying the answer was nitrogen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukecarter)
    I put protein and that's what the answer the question was on other tests too and it was this
    Haha yh it is protein

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually they bring spares? And yes the teacher did see it after. My french teacher saw the paper we did and I found out I got nearly full marks soo I must have been dreaming

It would be a stupid thing to do to not bring in extra papers. This boy got the wrong tier for his past paper. What would have happened if they didn't have any spare tier papers? He would've had to do the wrong one.

Its 50 mate and no need to get so angry. If my biology teacher has the paper I'll take a pic and post it here (if that's allowed so anyone please tell me if that is allowed I do not want to be disqualified haha).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even if someone got the wrong paper, then there would still be enough because the school knows how many are doing foundation/higher because our teachers would of entered us for them. So if someone got the wrong paper, then it's probably because another student has it and they can swap. Unless, someone magically changes tiers/exam boards the night before, then I'm pretty sure there's not gonna be any missing.

Anyway, I wasn't angry. You voiced your opinions, I voiced mine. We can't really know till they release the paper won't we?

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the chemistry paper?

ReputationRep:
    Even if someone got the wrong paper, then there would still be enough because the school knows how many are doing foundation/higher because our teachers would of entered us for them. So if someone got the wrong paper, then it's probably because another student has it and they can swap. Unless, someone magically changes tiers/exam boards the night before, then I'm pretty sure there's not gonna be any missing.

Anyway, I wasn't angry. You voiced your opinions, I voiced mine. We can't really know till they release the paper won't we?
    No honestly they have spare papers. They literally need to have spare papers.

Yh true but I have biology tomorrow and will ask if I can take a pic and send it on here. Just the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the exam went well, hopefully they don't bring up the grade boundaries.
    The question about why type 2 diabetic glycogen would be different to a normal healthy male after a meal was tricky

ReputationRep:
    that was one was difficult. i put vasodilation because it said when the body is trying not to lose heat (right?) and so vasodilation is when less heat is transferred to the environment and vasoconstriction is when more heat is transferred to the environment. so, i would imagine it to be vasodilation.

then again, i could be wrong.
    other way round, vasoconstriction is the narrowing of blood vessels near the surface

ReputationRep:
    i think the final evolution question didn't deserve to be a 6 marker, i found myself just rambling on a bout a load of **** because my answer seemed to short

ReputationRep:
    Haha that's ok normally the questions are like 'what are the chances the offspring will not be a sufferer?' And for that question you would include the 'RR' however this paper was slightly different from any other B1 paper I did and it was more in depth for each topic haha.

I found it very easy counted the marks I definitely got and it was 55 or 56/60 haha so I am pleased! How did you find the exam?

Focussing on C1 now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    c1 is thursday right?

ReputationRep:
    This may be a stupid word but will I use marks for not using scientific words. For the question about the Vain's I just put they get bigger or smaller

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalvinkataria)
    I think the exam went well, hopefully they don't bring up the grade boundaries.
    The question about why type 2 diabetic glycogen would be different to a normal healthy male after a meal was tricky
    Its because the more you exercise and have a balanced diet the amount of insulin increases so more insulin will make the liver convert the glucose into glycogen for the healthy male, but having type 2 diabetes means you have not got enough insulin or your body has become resistant to the insulin so less glucose will be converted into glycogen haha.

At first I looked at the question and though oh god I already lost 3 marks. And then I just made myself remember what type 2 diabetes is etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the paper was okay but I screwed up the nitrogen cycle question. Me and my whole year were just annoyed that eutrophication didn't come up as it is an easy six marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam345252)
    c1 is thursday right?
    Yup it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amywalsh23)
    This may be a stupid word but will I use marks for not using scientific words. For the question about the Vain's I just put they get bigger or smaller

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think so. Sometimes they look for specific words haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.