Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did you find the C1? Watch

• View Poll Results: How was maths C1 for you?
    Very hard
    22.12%
    Hard
    30.27%
    OK
    26.07%
    Easy
    8.91%
    Very easy
    12.62%

ReputationRep:
    59 will be an A 53 B

What the hell is an independent company anyway????

Oh wait, oops, wrong exam

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel has never ****ed me harder.

Edexcel C1 rang me up yesterday night, we had been planning a date for 4 months now. So, C1 and me went for a stroll, we visted the pond in the 1 st question , we had dinner through question 3 till 6. Then he started to get drunk, oh C1...

He asked me to come up to his flat, i agreed. We went up into his room and to my suprise he had c2 c3 c4 s1 waiting in the bedroom so they could take turn ****ing me...

C1 stuck question 10 right up my ass, i've never felt so violated.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    The exam was more difficult than last years. Questions took a little longer to work through, numbers were less 'nice' and there were a couple of questions asked in different ways to normal. Overall, however, it was a good paper that will differentiate between candidates nicely. I would estimate 58/59 as the A boundary.

(Original post by Valyrian)
    Just curious, is 68/67 out of 75 a 'secure' A grade? I made so many careless mistakes in that exam haha...
    It is a secure A, yes.

(Original post by Ives888)
    You know when you think you're really good at something and then someone decides to ask you completely irrelevant stuff about it? That was C1.

I usually get high 60s/low 70s, but that paper was absolutely vile and probably the worst one I've ever done.

How on earth do they get away with putting stuff in that isn't even in the textbook or on the specification?

Who's fault is this? Michael Gove and Nicky Morgan's. DOWN WITH THE TORIES!
    There was nothing in the paper expecting you to use knowledge outside of the syllabus. Some ased you to apply it to a new situation, but that is fair game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Easy, but I'm resitting. There were some nasty fractions to work with though.
    universities dont allow resits uno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vintage456)
    it probably is, have you checked the unofficial mark scheme?
    Yeah I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imightplay12)
    universities dont allow resits uno
    i think almost every uni accepts as resits not sure about a levels though

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've probably failed it! :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Relatively straight forward paper, only made difficult due to the lack of a calculator and copious amounts of top heavy fractions.

ReputationRep:
    Overall id say it was average, they did not want to rehash questions that had already come up on past papers.But i do agree those fractions were like evil koalas

ReputationRep:
    I'm okay at maths; not the best but not the worst. I was averaging about 68 on the past papers but judging from the unofficial mark scheme i reckon i got about 63-65/75. This was clearly harder then even the infamous 2015 but was not impossible; the discriminant question and the last part of the recurrence relations was having me tripping balls. Good luck to those sitting C2 next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamir_greenlamp)
    i wish edexcel lubed me up before they ****ed me in the ass, loooong **** style
    This 'aamir_greenlamp' sounds like a massive pussy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conorewan)
    This 'aamir_greenlamp' sounds like a massive pussy
    ly really bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swingrx)
    Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...edium=copylink
    Thanks
    Haha wow, it wasn't that bad.

Last year everyone was complaining about C2

ReputationRep:
    I just resat my c1 exam. I was really confident and wasn't expecting this at all, it really did have a lot of surds that needed a calculator, seriously though this is the worst c1 paper ever, last years was better in my opinion. I don't think I can resit again which is so unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angus09)
    I reakon i got 72/75 lost 2 silly marks on sum to 100 and question before by adding 1 instead of 3, and then got n as 18 but forgot to put his birthday down :/
    I also forgot to put the age down and was thrown off a bit on the simultaneous equation question. It was no where close to past papers. Seems like every question was distributed to different examiner who had a plan to make it harder and put the questions up in the most obscure way. Can only hope for the best in c2 now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well over 4000 voters in this poll !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Top hint:
    In the drop down menu at the top of this page, choose 'Customize my TSR > Change my signature'.
    Then type in the text-box 'Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'.
    Then press 'Save signature', and you're done.
    Baaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastMinReviseGuy)
    Edexcel has never ****ed me harder.

Edexcel C1 rang me up yesterday night, we had been planning a date for 4 months now. So, C1 and me went for a stroll, we visted the pond in the 1 st question , we had dinner through question 3 till 6. Then he started to get drunk, oh C1...

He asked me to come up to his flat, i agreed. We went up into his room and to my suprise he had c2 c3 c4 s1 waiting in the bedroom so they could take turn ****ing me...

C1 stuck question 10 right up my ass, i've never felt so violated.
    I thought it was well ez mate, reckon I gone and got 75/75 mate just need to use a calculator,. BAaaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahlam H)
    I just resat my c1 exam. I was really confident and wasn't expecting this at all, it really did have a lot of surds that needed a calculator, seriously though this is the worst c1 paper ever, last years was better in my opinion. I don't think I can resit again which is so unfair.
    do it in your head you muppet Baaaaaaaa

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.