Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mr M's OCR Core 1 (not OCR MEI) May 2016 Answers Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eloise.morgan)
    Does you know what the grade boundaries are most likely to be?
    No-one knows. Boundaries are not decided until all the papers have been marked.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsORC)
    Mr M , for question 10 part 2 I made an arithmetic error simplifying the gradient of the line from the centre to the point A from -3/6 to -1/3 , if everything else was correct (m1 x m2 = -1 etc) how many marks would I drop? And would I be given any error carried forward for part 3 in which the gradient was the same?

Thanks for posting your mark scheme btw.
    Drop 1 for that mistake and I expect there will be error carried forward.

ReputationRep:
    Mr M, for the k question I got b2-4ac but then decided to put my answers to that into a quadratic and got a really obscure answer, how many marks will I get for doing that but doing the next part

ReputationRep:
    For question 11, I have done dy/dx=8x-a/x^2=0, I also wrote 32=4x^2+a/x+5. But then I kind of mess up the question. Do I get any marks for writing those two down?
    For 10 iv) I put (0,0) into the circle equation then I got root 25<root 45. And then I got r<5 do I get any mark for this question?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChicharitoMUFC)
    Mr M, for the k question I got b2-4ac but then decided to put my answers to that into a quadratic and got a really obscure answer, how many marks will I get for doing that but doing the next part
    Impossible to say from that description but you will definitely get some marks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuihongHu)
    For question 11, I have done dy/dx=8x-a/x^2=0, I also wrote 32=4x^2+a/x+5. But then I kind of mess up the question. Do I get any marks for writing those two down?
    For 10 iv) I put (0,0) into the circle equation then I got root 25<root 45. And then I got r<5 do I get any mark for this question?
    Q11 3 marks for that and possibly more if you did a bit more.

10iv) Maybe 1 mark for realising root 25 was involved.

ReputationRep:
    Are you able to post some questions?

ReputationRep:
    Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...edium=copylink
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swingrx)
    https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examina...edium=copylink
    Thanks
    A petition will not affect the grade boundaries as they are set by examiners based on how candidates fared on the paper. I am sure that the boundaries will be lowered if the exam was harder than usual.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swingrx)
    Don't do this. It's silly. The boundaries will be set according to the performance of candidates. A petition achieves nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Don't do this. It's silly. The boundaries will be set according to the performance of candidates. A petition achieves nothing.
    Please can you post some of the questions!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phat-chewbacca)
    Please can you post some of the questions!
    Ask your teacher to let you look at a paper in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Ask your teacher to let you look at a paper in the morning?
    I am unable to do that as I am a private candidate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 1 May 2016 Answers

This was definitely the most difficult Core 1 ever. I'll be around to discuss questions later for a bit. Post in the thread, don't private message me as the system is running very slow.
    I'm glad mr m thought it was the hardest c1 paper ever and it weren't just me its given me hope of low grade Boundries

ReputationRep:
    If for q4) I put y=9 and y=1/4 because I was a numpty and only squared instead of to the power 4, how many marks would I drop?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions of what 60 marks will get as a ums for this paper considering it is the hardest one to be released. Also any ideas what 63-65 would also get in ums. Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisaprice987)
    If for q4) I put y=9 and y=1/4 because I was a numpty and only squared instead of to the power 4, how many marks would I drop?
    Probably 2.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ousamaz18810)
    Does anyone have any predictions of what 60 marks will get as a ums for this paper considering it is the hardest one to be released. Also any ideas what 63-65 would also get in ums. Thanks
    Anyone who answers this will just be guessing. You just have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Mr M,

I drew the graph as a positive graph instead of negative but it passed through the correct points. How many marks do you think I would have lost?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what question 2 and question 8iii was? (Sorry, I have a terrible memory!)

Anyway, this was very useful, thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.