Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official OCR English Literature H072/H472 Predictions and Discussion Thread (AS) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    The Merchant's Tale was okay, I found that doing the Tempest was way easier but when they asked for the portrayal of three characters, I struggled as there was not enough time but the passage was good, that paper was easy. And for the Bloody Chamber, I reckon it is about feminism or how Carter links love/infatuation through dominance maybe?
    I think it could be a monstrosity question or how is the idea of transgression/ uncanny is explored throughout the stories
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Can someone tell me what the tempest questions were exactly?
    I reckon number one was how does the play explore fatherhood and the second one was, 'Caliban is nothing more than a "savage and deformed slave,"' I chose the second one.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    I think it could be a monstrosity question or how is the idea of transgression/ uncanny is explored throughout the stories
    Maybe yeah. Is metamorphosis likely to appear too?

ReputationRep:
    How did it go for you guys? What questions did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe yeah. Is metamorphosis likely to appear too?
    Oh that would be a decent question I think. I'm prob gonna fail because my teacher made 3 questions and I got Ds so... 😂😂
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Oh that would be a decent question I think. I'm prob gonna fail because my teacher made 3 questions and I got Ds so... 😂😂
    A D isn't bad at all but I reckon boundaries will be low for grades. What stories out of the collection of Carter's are you most confident on?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon number one was how does the play explore fatherhood and the second one was, 'Caliban is nothing more than a "savage and deformed slave,"' I chose the second one.
    That's a very easy tempest question Hope you talked about colonialism

ReputationRep:
    A D isn't bad at all but I reckon boundaries will be low for grades. What stories out of the collection of Carter's are you most confident on?
    Probably just bloody chamber and the werewolf lolz
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Pato1)
    That's a very easy tempest question Hope you talked about colonialism
    Of course, it was the basis of my actual essay, and the fact that Prospero turned his back on Caliban when he attempted to rape Miranda and did not teach him right from wrong etc. What did you choose?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Probably just bloody chamber and the werewolf lolz
    Ah see The Bloody Chamber is the easiest, go for Wolf-Alice and the Company of Wolves too, as well as the Snow Child as it is under two pages long.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, it was the basis of my actual essay, and the fact that Prospero turned his back on Caliban when he attempted to rape Miranda and did not teach him right from wrong etc. What did you choose?
    I'm an A2 student on the old OCR spec too who is also doing The Tempest, just wandering what they gave you guys

ReputationRep:
    Ah see The Bloody Chamber is the easiest, go for Wolf-Alice and the Company of Wolves too, as well as the Snow Child as it is under two pages long.
    Haha yeah,those predicted grade boundaries you put up are really high haha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Haha yeah,those predicted grade boundaries you put up are really high haha
    Are they? What grade boundaries do you go by? My teacher based them on last year's percentage and then had a guesstimate really.

(Original post by Pato1)
    I'm an A2 student on the old OCR spec too who is also doing The Tempest, just wandering what they gave you guys
    Ah right. Yeah it was easy and I am surprised I had it in me to revise all this last night and actually put it into use, I was worried my quotes would be irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    Oh fair enough but 56-60 for an A and so on looks really high but they will be lowered I guess
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Oh fair enough but 56-60 for an A and so on looks really high but they will be lowered I guess
    Yeah I know, it's odd. We can only but guess what the boundaries will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamJFA)
    How did it go for you guys? What questions did you do?
    Went okay I guess just thinking of points I left out now ! I did Hamlet the question on thought intervening with action and then the Chaucer extract.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Natashja)
    Went okay I guess just thinking of points I left out now ! I did Hamlet the question on thought intervening with action and then the Chaucer extract.
    I did that all day, however everyone will have done stuff differently, no point worrying about it.

ReputationRep:
    I did that all day, however everyone will have done stuff differently, no point worrying about it.
    Exactly there is a lot to talk about, but remember we have a time limit so as long as ur showing analysis you should get marks, its not about how much u write, i think...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Minantan)
    Exactly there is a lot to talk about, but remember we have a time limit so as long as ur showing analysis you should get marks, its not about how much u write, i think...
    True, as long as you've done the best you can do and show that you've understood the text then you should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    What do you talk about for Wolf-Alice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.