Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Typically boring posh British accent, although my voice is quite soft and 'child-like' so all illusions of grandeur go out the window with that one.

ReputationRep:
    Strong Welsh accent apparently

ReputationRep:
    I have a London accent. London accents are kinda dead tbh, they're so clear

ReputationRep:
    Some sort of mess that varies from no notcable accent to stronk cumbrian depending on who I'm talking to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I have a soft and formal common London accent, no twangs or weird pronunciations
    Same with me but London accents are boring. I always wish I had cool accents such a northern accent or Scottish :love:
    But I kinda love my London accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Same with me but London accents are boring. I always wish I had cool accents such a northern accent or Scottish :love:
    But I kinda love my London accent

London accents are mad sexy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    London accents are mad sexy
    Yes,to outsiders from up north but to us Londoners,they're so boring

ReputationRep:
    Southern English. Buckinghamshire and tea. Yum

ReputationRep:
    Scouse! However, everyone thinks I'm from London! Weird.. They're very different accents if you ask me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebookie)
    My aunt from London came two days ago and said I have a really strong 'brummie' accent, I didn't think it was that strong but apparently so. On certain words, I revert back to my Bolton accent from years ago, but that's on rare days. (I say Birmingham as bur-ming-um, is that weird outside Birmingham? do you pronounce the H??)
    Do you mean pronounce the G? Every southerner I've heard pronounces it Birminum. There is a G in there guise.

ReputationRep:
    I have a British accent.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Scottish accent, but I'm from the Highlands, so my accent is hard to describe. We or at least I don't pronounce t's or l's in the middle of words. So butter would be bu'er, letter is le'er. For those who are from the same area, they might get the joke of "rubber bum'ers" (rubber bumpers, it's a joke about an Invernesian accent.) That's the best way I can even try to describe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Do you mean pronounce the G? Every southerner I've heard pronounces it Birminum. There is a G in there guise.
    Birminum?? That sounds really weird- and yes I do pronounce the G, I thought it was only the H that was different. Never heard that one before, :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebookie)
    Birminum?? That sounds really weird- and yes I do pronounce the G, I thought it was only the H that was different. Never heard that one before, :confused:
    Yep, like this.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=D9H5auZD7PI

With less of a Jamaican accent of course.

ReputationRep:
    I have a mild Manchester accent, not the harsh inner city one but the more toned down suburban one. I've also accidentally picked up a few Boltonian prononcuations as a result of working up there!

ReputationRep:
    because of the different thing it means i have a slightly posh southern accent not plummy that's too posh but not common something like this guy's

but with random american and italian tones acquired from my associates

ReputationRep:
    Glaswegian

ReputationRep:
    Mine's just a pretty standard British accent, no northerly twangs or anything, having grown up predominantly in the south. Since I was a kid people kept on telling me that I sounded "posh" which I never understood since most of them have grown up with me so they should really have the same accent as me and I just thought I sounded the same as everyone else haha

(Original post by gameofno)
    American. kinda valley girl lol
    Could be worse :ahee:

My accent is Lancashire, but I tend to try and pronounce words correctly. Sometimes I'm really broad, sometimes I'm really clipped; depends on my mood.

ReputationRep:
    A mixture of London and apparently American (according to everyone else).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.