Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions for OCR, AVFTB and OMAM?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by saf_99)
    Thanks soo much its helping get a better understanding of the novel and getting me motivated to do more. I'm going to attempt a past paper and see how it goes GOOD LUCK FOR UR EXAMS!
    Wow haha you're welcome I guess
    And good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have predictions for either A View From the Bridge or Nineteenth Century Short Stories?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aear)
    Do not take my word on it, as I am dreadful at marking, but I would give it a high B/low A; though someone else may have a very different response, so don't trust me on this! Some improvements, though. Odd spelling error here and there, and you misquoted 'asking for the earth' as 'asking for the dart'. One easy way to increase the quality of an answer is never to use the word 'word'; use 'noun', 'verb', 'adjective', 'adverb' etc., as it will draw the examiners attention and makes your answer look better and yourself more knowledgeable, thereby yielding higher marks. Integrate quotes into the sentences that you a writing, rather than leaving them outside. Mr Birling says that Gerald is ' "the son in law I've always wanted." '; again, an easy way to improve the quality of answer
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    I've revised but I still don't feel prepared at all

I feel exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    For me I think scared is an understatement xx I don't know what to revise and I'm crap at English. Also I'm scared of my English teacher he's not very approachable and uses really long words to seem intelligent so I couldn't talk to him. I've got no idea what I'm going to do xx Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Same, I'm panicking about it but I keep constantly reminding myself that if I failed this exam, it isn't the end of the world cause the course I'm doing in college(applied science) does not need English Literature GCSEs at all. So I'm focusing on English Language instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivMalseed)
    Same, I'm panicking about it but I keep constantly reminding myself that if I failed this exam, it isn't the end of the world cause the course I'm doing in college(applied science) does not need English Literature GCSEs at all. So I'm focusing on English Language instead.
    I have to get at least a B in all my subjects and 9A*s in order to do the A Levels I want to do next year so I'm still stressed xx Hopefully you'll do well tho xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksj.11)
    how are morality and loneliness shown, could you help me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Morality:
    Slim treats all the characters fairly, he doesn't discriminate Crooks, he calls him by his name and not "negro" or "stable buck"
    He gives Curley's wife the attention she wants by calling her "good-lookin'"
    Although Curley is hated by everyone and started the fight with Lennie, he still organises his trip to the hospital
    He knows Lennie would be tortured is George did not shoot him
    There are more but Slim is a character with sensitivity and knows his right from wrong

Loneliness:
    "Ranch hands are the loneliest guys on the ranch"

His relationship with George may link into this too

ReputationRep:
    Mockingbird predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knockingpoint)
    Anyone doing edexcel? What characters do you think may come up for OMAM And AIC
    George and Mr Birling are the only two characters who have never come up before. Off course, we can't be 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    For Edexcel what will be the predictions for AIC and OMAM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    I've revised but I still don't feel prepared at all
    same so worried!!!

ReputationRep:
    i haven't learnt anything to do with poetry :/ like literally, the only thing Im counting on is the MITSL grid my teacher gave me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esmeralda123)
    who do you think will come up for animal farm?
    i feel like squealer will come up or benjamin because they havent come up yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Oh yeah Lennie would be a good one! Better than Slim as I know nothing about him - swear he's barely in the book at all?!
    And I've done nothing for English so I'm just gonna pray the gods at Edexcel have mercy (amen)
    Yup we're the last ones so they'll probably want to use Slim just to get it done
    I don't think that they'd change them massively as they've developed new specs for next year anyway
    Oh god if Whit, Carlson or the Boss came up I would probably just walk out! Although the Boss technically came up in language last year so hopefully they'll go for a main character this year?
    Slim came up! I chose him, but I'm not really sure how I did, and if my points were perceptive enough... Oh well.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Slim came up! I chose him, but I'm not really sure how I did, and if my points were perceptive enough... Oh well.
    Yeah I deep down knew he would I chose him too but I'm relatively confident. Most of my friends chose him as well but a few chose violence.
    I made I think 5 points (possibly 4) but I just chose to expand them looooads - I don't think (other than my intro and conclusion) that any of my paragraphs were shorter than half a page! So hopefully I was perceptive and I'm sure you did well

Bricking poetry now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Yeah I deep down knew he would I chose him too but I'm relatively confident. Most of my friends chose him as well but a few chose violence.
    I made I think 5 points (possibly 4) but I just chose to expand them looooads - I don't think (other than my intro and conclusion) that any of my paragraphs were shorter than half a page! So hopefully I was perceptive and I'm sure you did well

Bricking poetry now though
    I did around 5 point, but my paragraphs were MASSIVE lol. I unfortunately didn't get around to writing the conclusion but I'm not too concerned about that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I did around 5 point, but my paragraphs were MASSIVE lol. I unfortunately didn't get around to writing the conclusion but I'm not too concerned about that
    Yeah everyone I've talked to said that they're paragraphs were huge haha. And a conclusion isn't a vital part, I just tend to include one anyway
    I'm sure we both did well

ReputationRep:
    guess who failed their literature exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.