Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaSama9)
    energy cant be created or destroyed but can be dissipitated or transformed from one form to another.

What is CMBR and what does it suggest?
    Cosmic microwave background radiation and it is a piece of evidence that supports the big bang theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    In longitudinal waves, what is it that is compressed and is in rarefaction? - I don't know the answer so please help haha
    The compressions are when the waves are more closely compact for example i
    I I I I IIII I I I I IIIIIII I I I I I IIIII
    It normally looks something like this ish, the compressions are the bits where the lines are really close together (compressed)

The rarefactions are where the waves are more spread out (bigger gaps between the lines)
    I hope this helps
    PS. I've just seen that this question has already been answered but here it is anyway

ReputationRep:
    Q. Describe how hydroelectric power generates electricity?

ReputationRep:
    Please help explain what a conductor does and an insulator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Quick question
    do you need to know the processes of all the renewable processes ?
    not all you need to know they turn a turbine which turns a generator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abuzar133)
    Please help explain what a conductor does and an insulator?
    Conductor; Is a material that transfers heat energy through the material quickly. Conductors have particles that are closer together and therefor will collide more often, passing their heat energy along.
    - metal is a good conductor due to its free electrons being able to transfer the heat throughout the material.

Insulator: Is a material that conducts (transfers - I think this is the right word) heat energy more slowly. Insulators have larger spaces between their particles.
    - air and plastic are good insulators

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to help although i don't know everything

ReputationRep:
    What is meant by national grid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Quick question
    do you need to know the processes of all the renewable processes ?
    I would try and have a brief idea about them. For example know the difference between wave and tidal and understand what geothermal and hydroelectric power (including pumped storage) is. I would recommend looking on the specification if you're unsure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccamaria)
    What is meant by national grid?
    A network of pylons and cables that transfers electricity from power stations to all across the UK where it's needed, in homes, industry etc

Q. Explain the differences between radio and micro waves

ReputationRep:
    I dont know anything i need some serioues helpp someome please whizz through the basics omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siobhanx13)
    A network of pylons and cables that transfers electricity from power stations to all across the UK where it's needed, in homes, industry etc

Radio waves have a longer wavelength so have a higher frequency. Radio waves cant penetrate the earth's ionosphere so cant be used for satellites.

ReputationRep:
    The lower the U - Value the....
    (Complete the sentence)
    (1 mark)

ReputationRep:
    Q: What is a U-vaule? ( what does it show)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatnerdygirl001)
    (Complete the sentence)
    (1 mark)
    better the material (for insulation)

ReputationRep:
    (Complete the sentence)
    (1 mark)
    Better the insulator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siobhanx13)

Isnt it a network on cables and transformers...? I just did the june 13 past paper and that was the answer to that question
    I don't understand how but it just is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlb2000)
    Q: What is a U-vaule? ( what does it show)
    How good of an insulator a material is.

ReputationRep:
    (Complete the sentence)
    (1 mark)
    better the insulator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaSama9)
    payback time is the time it takes for an energy saving installation to pay back the amount of money it took for you to pay for it.

2 and a half years

What is the doppler effect
    The Doppler Effect is the change in the frequency ( and consequently wavelength) of a wave ( sound, light etc) depending on the distance between the observer and the object.

How is electricity produced via waves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    The Doppler Effect is the change in the frequency ( and consequently wavelength) of a wave ( sound, light etc) depending on the distance between the observer and the object.

How is electricity produced via waves?
    Generators are placed in the Ocean which uses the Kinetic energy of the waves to turn the generator - generating electricity.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.