Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What were the key points to make to prove that the lines were parallel in the circle theorems question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie1999)
    Mine maybe wrong

Both work. They probably wanted it done algebraically with inequalities but alas I just substituted the values in
    Yeah hopefully, I got it right. I am sure that you have done really well, you probably got an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    Hey Surina, for some questions but I can't remember what but I got some weird decimals as my answer. Maybe because I converted the fractions into decimals. I am normally an A* student in Maths but I found the paper quite difficult in comparison to the other papers that I have done! Now I am really scared if I will get the A* or not as I have already got an A in november so there is no point in getting the same grade again. What marks do you think you've got?
    Hey! (sorry I didn't see this ) None of my decimals were overly weird as far as I can remember. I got values such as 0.125, 7/9 and 4.5 but nothing really random. I'm sure you did amazingly and if you converted the fractions into decimals correctly you will definitely get all the marks! Don't worry, I'm sure you got an A* since you seem to have revised really hard Remember that even if you got an A, it is an amazing grade and certainly nothing to be ashamed of!
    According to the mark scheme I appear to have gotten the same answers for most/all of the questions, but I reckon I probably made a few silly mistakes around the paper. I didn't substitute any values in for the last question but instead did it algebraically, and for the parallel lines one I did it using a different method so it all depends how lenient AQA are in the mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Can someone remind me what Q12 was about??

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me the angle that was given in the circke theorem question 12b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie1999)
    For the linear specification marked out of 70

1. £256.50
    2. 750cm^3
    3. 16cm
    4a. 0.4 and 0.2
    b. 200 150 100
    c 0.125
    5. 10cm
    6a as average temperature goes up soup sales down
    b 500
    7. 4.5
    8a 4 ( I got 2 )
    b 1,2,3,4
    9a w^2
    b 12x^4y^5
    c 6a^2b^4
    10a 1.8 X 10^4
    b 5 X 10^3
    11. Enlarge 1/3 around (10,10) (I got -3)
    12a 35
    b 25
    c A+D & B+C = 180
    13a 12x^2+16x-3
    b X=0.75 or -1
    14. 8 cm
    15 x= 5/y-3
    16. X<7/9
    17 a -2.7 or 2.7
    b 2.2
    18 9 - 4 root 3
    19a y=1/X
    b (0,1)
    20. Substitute X as 2 and PI as 3 and both volumes are the same but PI is bigger 3.14 so the sphere volume would be bigger.

Not sure on 14, 16 and 17b but I think I got roughy 64
    For question 7 I wrote 4hour 30mins will I still get a mark?

ReputationRep:
    In 12(b) I think the given angle was 25 and the answer would be 25 as both subtended by the same arc.
    I'd love it if somebody could explain how they worked out the proof that the two lines were parallel in (c). Apart from putting that the opposite angles in the cyclic quadrilaterals added up to 180 (75+105), I couldn't see how that proved the lines were parallel. None of the worked out angles seemed to fit to use the alternating/corresponding/supplementary reasons? I guess I just couldn't 'see' it.

ReputationRep:
    What was question 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Hey! (sorry I didn't see this ) None of my decimals were overly weird as far as I can remember. I got values such as 0.125, 7/9 and 4.5 but nothing really random. I'm sure you did amazingly and if you converted the fractions into decimals correctly you will definitely get all the marks! Don't worry, I'm sure you got an A* since you seem to have revised really hard Remember that even if you got an A, it is an amazing grade and certainly nothing to be ashamed of!
    According to the mark scheme I appear to have gotten the same answers for most/all of the questions, but I reckon I probably made a few silly mistakes around the paper. I didn't substitute any values in for the last question but instead did it algebraically, and for the parallel lines one I did it using a different method so it all depends how lenient AQA are in the mark scheme
    Aww thanks. I kind of feel better now. Most people in my class found the paper relatively hard so hoping the grade boundaries are low. Hopefully I find paper 2 easy and get an A* in it to make up for paper 2. Anyways good luck in your upcoming exams.

ReputationRep:
    It was increase
    I think I got 2 marks on the paper overall 😒

ReputationRep:
    Need to get atleast 85-90 in the calculator paper for prob safe A* overall. Hope we can all pull of our grades .

ReputationRep:
    No, it said increase by 35%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Very mature me)
    What were the key points to make to prove that the lines were parallel in the circle theorems question?
    Im pretty sure you had to talk about angles in a cyclic quad (opposite add up to 180) and also interior angles

ReputationRep:
    Ik this is kinda oldish now, but for the root5 on the graph one, was it wrong to write down both -2.2 AND 2.2? Nobody seems to have put the negative one but can't a root be both positive and negative? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Very mature me)
    In 12(b) I think the given angle was 25 and the answer would be 25 as both subtended by the same arc.
    I'd love it if somebody could explain how they worked out the proof that the two lines were parallel in (c). Apart from putting that the opposite angles in the cyclic quadrilaterals added up to 180 (75+105), I couldn't see how that proved the lines were parallel. None of the worked out angles seemed to fit to use the alternating/corresponding/supplementary reasons? I guess I just couldn't 'see' it.
    Because of the cyclic quadrilaterals everywhere, I annotated loads of angles as either 75 or 105 degrees. Then I wrote that the given angle and another angle (can't remember the names for them) were supplementary angles and add up to 180, and that if the lines weren't parallel, they wouldn't add up to 180. I stupidly forgot that they were called 'co-interior' angles but hopefully this would get the marks

ReputationRep:
    For the 2 to the power of X question, I put (1,0) instead of (0,1). Will I get a mark since I displayed the knowledge for the power being 0 that it would be equal to 1 right?
    In general I didn't find this paper too bad, but I felt like there were a lot of graphy questions which could go your way or the other, in terms of if you didn't get it in the boundaries you'll lose easy marks. I got 55/70 on the last mark, felt as if I may've tipped in to the early 60s on this one.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary for a B? Predictions??

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=studentshavefun;[url="tel:65286637"]65286637[/url]]Grade boundary for a B? Predictions??
    [I think it will be about 30 for a B but you have to add both paper up so in total 85/175 for a B grader]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sushmita 99)
    I am not sure but i thought the first question was
    Find 35% of £195
    The first question was increase £190 by 35%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    What:eek: I found it quite hard in comparison to the 2015 paper and I am normally an A* student! Did you get weird decimals for some answers cos I did and I am worried because the unofficial mark scheme doesn't say it?
    Yes i did get weird decimal answers, dont stress, ur not alone lol. I feel confident but that dosen't necessarily mean i got a good grade :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.