The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
Which exam board for Sociology? :smile: Yup I have an E in Bio too haha :biggrin:

Hey, I do AQA - doing beliefs in society and crime and deviance! How about you? All the best people get either an E or a U in bio :wink:
Hello :smile:
I'm an A2 student
I'm taking English Literature, History and Media Studies
Just finished my resits, Lit went terribly but history went really well. A2 revision is killing me
I am hoping to go to the University of Chichester to revise English Literature and History.
To get in I need CCD and my predicted grades are BBD
I am bricking it about results day haha
Original post by 08graya
Hey, I do AQA - doing beliefs in society and crime and deviance! How about you? All the best people get either an E or a U in bio :wink:

Same board and topics :smile: How are you finding it? Haha yeah true! :tongue:
Same board and topics :smile: How are you finding it? Haha yeah true! :tongue:

Ummmm, there's just so so much to learn! I prefer C&D because of the theories in the first section BUT I fear the 33m for theory and methods might be the death of me! :tongue: Beliefs is just quite confusing for me, especially science and ideology! How have you found it? I just think that AS was super nice compared to this year :wink:
Original post by jojo10834
Hello :smile:
I'm an A2 student
I'm taking English Literature, History and Media Studies
Just finished my resits, Lit went terribly but history went really well. A2 revision is killing me
I am hoping to go to the University of Chichester to revise English Literature and History.
To get in I need CCD and my predicted grades are BBD
I am bricking it about results day haha

What exam board do you do for English Lit? And woop a Chichester uni buddy!
Original post by 08graya
Ummmm, there's just so so much to learn! I prefer C&D because of the theories in the first section BUT I fear the 33m for theory and methods might be the death of me! :tongue: Beliefs is just quite confusing for me, especially science and ideology! How have you found it? I just think that AS was super nice compared to this year :wink:

I'm not looking forward to any of the 33 markers, except if Secularisation comes up in Beliefs and Social Policy for Methods. I need an A for university as well :frown: Or a B if I get an A in Psychology (OCR). Yeah AS was so much easier to remember! I don't actually mind Science & Ideology haha but I don't like Globalisation and Postmodernity.
I'm not looking forward to any of the 33 markers, except if Secularisation comes up in Beliefs and Social Policy for Methods. I need an A for university as well :frown: Or a B if I get an A in Psychology (OCR). Yeah AS was so much easier to remember! I don't actually mind Science & Ideology haha but I don't like Globalisation and Postmodernity.

true true, I think that's the same for me! Secularisation is a good one, at least with beliefs we get a choice of essay! I need a B, but my teacher predicted me an A* so I'm really pushing for at least an A! ah, I do edexcel for psychology and that's also killing me inside :tongue: globalisation isn't a good one for me either, although I think I might prefer it to science :wink:
Original post by 08graya
What exam board do you do for English Lit? And woop a Chichester uni buddy!

:O I've haven't been able to find hardly anyone going to Chichester, what course are you doing? And the exam board that I do for lit is Edexcel
Original post by jojo10834
:O I've haven't been able to find hardly anyone going to Chichester, what course are you doing? And the exam board that I do for lit is Edexcel

haha, there's at least 4 of us from my sixth form going there! Although I'm doing psychology :smile: ooh I do AQA (and absolutely hate it!) although I love lit as a subject - the exams are killers though!
Original post by 08graya
true true, I think that's the same for me! Secularisation is a good one, at least with beliefs we get a choice of essay! I need a B, but my teacher predicted me an A* so I'm really pushing for at least an A! ah, I do edexcel for psychology and that's also killing me inside :tongue: globalisation isn't a good one for me either, although I think I might prefer it to science :wink:

Yup my teacher thinks I can get an A* too... :frown: ... Yeah Psych is hell but it's actually the subject I'm doing the best in :confused: lol I have no idea how that happened. We'll just have to hope for nice topics in Sociology I guess! :crossedf: Nah I like the science topic, I just get it I guess...

What course are you going to Chichester for? :tongue:
Yup my teacher thinks I can get an A* too... :frown: ... Yeah Psych is hell but it's actually the subject I'm doing the best in :confused: lol I have no idea how that happened. We'll just have to hope for nice topics in Sociology I guess! :crossedf: Nah I like the science topic, I just get it I guess...

What course are you going to Chichester for? :tongue:

haha that's the same for me, hoping I can get an A in psych!! Yes we will! Apparently the AS resit for unit 2 was really nice, so here's hoping...

I'm doing psych at uni as well - so every time I tell myself I hate it, I have to remind myself that I also think I'm going to make a career out of it :wink: what do you wanna do at uni? (sorry if you've already said this!)
Original post by SH0405

Questions

Are you AS or A2?

What subjects are you taking?

How are exams going?/How did they go?

To which university are you hoping to go?

To study which subject?

What grades are required?

What grades are you predicted?

How are you feeling about results day?

Anything else to add?

1) I am A2.
2) Taking Maths, Biology and Chemistry.
3) I've got my first exam next week Wednesday >.< (M1)!
4) Hoping to go to Birmingham University.
5) Medicine.
6) A*AA needed.
7) A*A*A* predicted.
8) Feeling nervously excited :s!
9) Chicken nuggets and cheese.
Hi,
I am an A2 student
Subjects- CCEA history, RS and Geography
Hoping to go to Stranmillis AAB entrance
I got AABB last year

NOOOO results day. the exams for A2 have been really weird this year. Who knows what CCEA are up to particularly with history. Just hope I get in
Original post by 08graya
haha that's the same for me, hoping I can get an A in psych!! Yes we will! Apparently the AS resit for unit 2 was really nice, so here's hoping...

I'm doing psych at uni as well - so every time I tell myself I hate it, I have to remind myself that I also think I'm going to make a career out of it :wink: what do you wanna do at uni? (sorry if you've already said this!)

Yeah the resits for OCR were nice as well apparently! Chichester looks really nice! Hopefully Journalism, Media & Sociology at Cardiff :smile: I have no idea what I want to do as a career which bugs me haha :tongue:
Reply 94
Doing A2, got ABBB last year! Before results day last year i was HIGHLY convinced that i'd gotten BCCU and was thinking about looking into open unis lol..... it's going to be even more sickening this time round since my firm uni's conditions are AAB and my predicted is AAA. Should've taken that one unconditional i had, would've saved me so much stress :cry:
Yeah the resits for OCR were nice as well apparently! Chichester looks really nice! Hopefully Journalism, Media & Sociology at Cardiff :smile: I have no idea what I want to do as a career which bugs me haha :tongue:

I loved Cardiff when I looked around - I was going to do their human and social science course but in the end the lower grades for Chichester won :tongue: aha, I think I'm quite unusual in that I know exactly what I want to do (none of my friends do) but I really wanna be a clinical psychologist :biggrin:
Original post by 08graya
I loved Cardiff when I looked around - I was going to do their human and social science course but in the end the lower grades for Chichester won :tongue: aha, I think I'm quite unusual in that I know exactly what I want to do (none of my friends do) but I really wanna be a clinical psychologist :biggrin:

Yeah I might have aimed a little high :tongue: I got ABC at AS though! I used to want to do Forensic Psychology, and then it was Politics, and now I'm floating in the land of I-have-no-bloody-clue :smile:

Are you AS or A2? I'm A2, scarily enough

What subjects are you taking? Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and an EPQ (I also did an AS in Law which somehow I got 97% in but I hated it so I dropped it)

How are exams going?/How did they go? Not done any yet! My first is G543 next Wednesday (for Psychology) but I'm feeling good for them!

To which university are you hoping to go? The University of Surrey is my firm, KCL is my insurance

To study which subject? Nutrition and Dietetics

What grades are required? AAB

What grades are you predicted? A*A*Aa*a (the little A* is the EPQ and the other little A is Law)

How are you feeling about results day? Okay! I know its very unlikely I'll get less than my required grades and I've been putting the work in so I should be good!

Anything else to add? Good Luck everyone!

Yeah I might have aimed a little high :tongue: I got ABC at AS though! I used to want to do Forensic Psychology, and then it was Politics, and now I'm floating in the land of I-have-no-bloody-clue :smile:

aww I'm sure you'll get in! haha, I went from wanting to be a nurse, to a midwife, to doing English lit, to doing sociology and then decided on psych - you'll make a decision one day!
Checking in for second hand anxiety and myth busting

Quick Reply

Latest