(Original post by ChemSinceDaay...)
    Yes that questions did require 3sf I remember

It was 28/29/30 Si
    28=91.6 29=5.6%. 30=2.8%
    (28x91.6)+(29x5.6)+(30x2.8)
    Divide by 100
    =28.112
    3sf=28.1% that's what I wrote
    That's what I had, some people had like 21% and I was confused because I thought it had to be 28-30 and considering 28 had the biggest percentage it had to be closer to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonandlime1)
    That's what I had, some people had like 21% and I was confused because I thought it had to be 28-30 and considering 28 had the biggest percentage it had to be closer to that
    No, 28 is right my bad😂. I though it was 21, because of all the 1s after the decimal point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonandlime1)
    Yeh most people in our school had similiar answer to mine. But this exam was the hardest I've done in my life so I'm hoping for grade boundaries to be low, which is likely because it's a new spec

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody upload the paper? Just so I can reassure myself that I didn't totally mess up.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that we have the same amount of time as the legacy papers, despite our exam being considerably more demanding, meant that many could not complete the paper. Perhaps if the exam was given more allocated time, students would be able to actually read the questions thoroughly in order to gain an understanding of the concept being tested.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you get the grade boundaries for past papers?
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Don't jump to rash conclusions yet. Everyone after both exams found them very difficult. Even on TSR, people found these tough. CH2 last year was 66% for an A, which is low, but that paper was easier than our CH1 paper , so I suspect ours could be in low 60s/ high 50s.

BY1 in 2010 required 59% for an A, 59! I don't think we're screwed, yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrannySmith)
    Good to see you on this thread too haha
    Yeah how did you do in chemistry? We may as well have selected math for an A level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambarellarose)
    https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/

Just scroll to GCE JUNE, and find BY1 and you can see the grade boundaries over the years.

ReputationRep:
    Look at:
    This also says how many marks you get for each 'real' mark out of 80. In last years old CH1 you could lose 10 marks and still be awarded full 120 marks UMS!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah how did you do in chemistry? We may as well have selected math for an A level
    In our lessons there was an emphasis on the fact there would be a LOT more maths. Apparently it says in the specification that there would be at least 25%(I think) maths marks.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! was our test out of 80?

Just scroll to GCE JUNE, and find BY1 and you can see the grade boundaries over the years.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! was our test out of 80? I think they made it more marks this year. I think it was 60 last year
    Last year and this year both out of 80. If you did some really old papers they were out of 66 - I did one for practice and wish I'd done more as they seemed more similar to the new ones.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! was our test out of 80?
    All BY1 papers listed on there are out of 70.
    Ours was out of 80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cofio)
    Last year and this year both out of 80. If you did some really old papers they were out of 66 - I did one for practice and wish I'd done more as they seemed more similar to the new ones.
    thank you! yeah I wish I practised more math. I really wanted more equilibrium to come up

ReputationRep:
    All BY1 papers listed on there are out of 70.
    Ours was out of 80
    Thank youu, did you do biology and if you did how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Thank youu, did you do biology and if you did how did you find it?
    Yes I did do biology, and I thought it was pretty hard. I think I scored around 50 marks out of 80.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody done an unofficial mark scheme for the chem paper? I really want to have an idea of how i did

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did do biology, and I thought it was pretty hard. I think I scored around 50 marks out of 80.
    That's really good for that paper, I panicked because I thought it was asking unit 2 stuff so I have no idea what ill get

ReputationRep:
    That's really good for that paper, I panicked because I thought it was asking unit 2 stuff so I have no idea what ill get
    I'm still gonna resit anyway. I think I lost motivation towards the end of the paper, so I left out detail and answered the questions lazily. Poor Y11s have no idea what's coming their way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=RasputinReborn;65307783]I'm still gonna resit anyway. I think I lost motivation towards the end of the paper, so I left out detail and answered the questions lazily. Poor Y11s have no idea what's coming their way

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE oh yeah ino, do you resit next summer? because I will probably have to

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.