ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    hiooogoooh crap
    oh crap

ReputationRep:
    Predictions on grade boundary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntellectualBoss)
    For organic the definition of oxidation and reduction slightly varies, oxidation being either adding oxygen or removing hydrogen and reduction is adding hydrogen or removing oxygen. Plus an oxidising agent in one reaction isn't always an oxidising agent in another.
    More often than not, Cr2O7 is an oxidising agent. Plus in this case Cr changed from 6+ to 3+. Therefore, it is the oxidising agent so it leaves C2O4 (2-) as the reducing agent

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would you lose for not subtracting the volume of P to get the volume of Q?

ReputationRep:
    I got for the mass spec 3 peaks 2 at 25% and one at 50% abundance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    How many marks would you lose for not subtracting the volume of P to get the volume of Q?
    Just 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth)
    Just 1
    So if I had the rest of the working until I got 1337, and I just didn't do 1337-1330, I'd get 2/3 marks? :/

ReputationRep:
    multiple choice ionisation question? apparently it was aluminium but I read quickly and put boron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Predictions on grade boundary?
    70% A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marc_ken)
    70% A
    I got an A in the specimen and an A in Chem in 2015. I repeated it and did the new spec. and wtf..I did not get a single question right. What was that ****? This is ********. The relative atomic mass questions are supposed to be free marks. There is supposed to be enthalpy change. What was that?

ReputationRep:
    70% A
    Can't be below 80%.

ReputationRep:
    For the mean titre were we only supposed to include the 2 concordat (within 0.1cm^3) results?

ReputationRep:
    multiple choice ionisation question? apparently it was aluminium but I read quickly and put boron
    ye aluminium cuz 8 electrons were removed and boron only has 5. I put boron then crossed it out straight away when i clocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Can't be below 80%.
    Why can't it be below 80%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntellectualBoss)
    ye aluminium cuz 8 electrons were removed and boron only has 5. I put boron then crossed it out straight away when i clocked.
    that's so sneaky though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrooshGuitar)
    Why can't it be below 80%?
    Roughly the same proportion of students have to get an A every year. Considering that last years paper was vey straight forward this years grade boundaries will be lower. On top of that it's a new spec and grade boundaries have to be lower as we are the first year so have very few resources (past papers) to rely on.

ReputationRep:
    that's so sneaky though
    yup aluminium!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumW)
    For the mean titre were we only supposed to include the 2 concordat (within 0.1cm^3) results?
    I included all haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth)
    Roughly the same proportion of students have to get an A every year. Considering that last years paper was vey straight forward this years grade boundaries will be lower. On top of that it's a new spec and grade boundaries have to be lower as we are the first year so have very few resources (past papers) to rely on.
    That's very true but all the papers in the last decade have not been of the same difficulty.
    Some have been harder than others yet the grade boundaries have remained the same, at 80%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    That's very true but all the papers in the last decade have not been of the same difficulty.
    Some have been harder than others yet the grade boundaries have remained the same, at 80%?
    I guess that might be the case but this year we have a new spec and also you have to take into account the 6 mark levelled response question which is also new and will result in many marks being lost if not answered correctly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.