Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    There you go again with your micro aggression. They dont match! Why not just come out and say our skin colours are completely contrasting and the EU is a white supremacist super state?

The EU is already looking to build an army to wage war on non white states see the president practically admitting it below. It seems you dont even realise the EU is preparing an army which I guess shows you are an ignorant complicit racist and not a hateful racist which is something i guess but same result in the end.

Just look at the white mens thirst in response to the EU Army.. Thirsty remain voting POC blood lusters
    ....Because that's not the reason we don't match.
    It's not our skins don't you understand ?
    It is not that difficult to form a single country with America and all commonwealth countries, China ,Japan, south africa ,India , Russia , list goes on to pretty much all countries in the world except from the ones that have very different policies ( British law with german law are not that different as british with Sharia law don't you get this?)
    Do you think Europe would have the greatest problem if Saudi Arabia was to join the EU ... they wouldn't accept it if we were to become a single country because they would have to change their law . The problem is religion once again .
    Practical problems: gay marriage or death sentence to all gays for being gays ? Women free to live their lifes as they wish or bying them in cheaper prices?
    I just said militaries are useless and harmful to humanity and you use military to defend your opinion that I bring the same results with hateful racists.WTF
    I think it would be better if we hadn't any military at all (worldwide)... since this is impossible for now ( I'm not the one who make it impossible!) I don't understand what the problem is in forming an EU military instead of separate militaries just as having the same educational system, same law ....become a single country with the name USE.
    Such a huge country without military in a world without militaries would be desirable , but in a world with militaries ... a lost case.
    Thank you so much for calling me an ignorant racist for wanting world peace , funding science , education and healthcare instead of militaries and just being realistic about how humanity thinks right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    ....Because that's not the reason we don't match.
    It's not our skins don't you understand ?
    It is not that difficult to form a single country with America and all commonwealth countries, China ,Japan, south africa ,India , Russia , list goes on to pretty much all countries in the world except from the ones that have very different policies ( British law with german law are not that different as british with Sharia law don't you get this?)
    Do you think Europe would have the greatest problem if Saudi Arabia was to join the EU ... they wouldn't accept it if we were to become a single country because they would have to change their law . The problem is religion once again .
    Practical problems: gay marriage or death sentence to all gays for being gays ? Women free to live their lifes as they wish or bying them in cheaper prices?
    I just said militaries are useless and harmful to humanity and you use military to defend your opinion that I bring the same results with hateful racists.WTF
    I think it would be better if we hadn't any military at all (worldwide)... since this is impossible for now ( I'm not the one who make it impossible!) I don't understand what the problem is in forming an EU military instead of separate militaries just as having the same educational system, same law ....become a single country with the name USE.
    Such a huge country without military in a world without militaries would be desirable , but in a world with militaries ... a lost case.
    Thank you so much for calling me an ignorant racist for wanting world peace , funding science , education and healthcare instead of militaries and just being realistic about how humanity thinks right now.
    More or less the entire Muslim world for about 150 years was under the control of UK, France, Holland and Russia. Clearly this has affected both them and us in some negative ways. One could imagine that to many of them we are the "germans" and they are the "freedom fighters". And to many of us they are "backward fascists" and we're "liberal democrats". This though would be an illusion and childish in thought. One just has to look at google for 5 seconds to see that you can do Yoga Classes in Saudi ....
    http://nuyu-ksa.com/activity/holistic/

However the greatest way to world peace would be to try and create multi-racial and multi-cultural societies based on federalism that was not white european but instead anything and everything.

ReputationRep:
    ps - I know I have lost the debate.
    I know we will vote to stay in the EU.

This is just me saying - I know we're being secretly a tad middle class racist in being inward looking
    and going for a nice comfy white EU of like minded nations.

I know its bull shiiit but it will win the referendum, real liberals for vote NO are a tiny tiny minority. they have no chance.

On the one side a sea of anti-immigrants voting NO and on the other luvvie dovies voting YES

No real debate.
    Just crap emotions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    More or less the entire Muslim world for about 150 years was under the control of UK, France, Holland and Russia. Clearly this has affected both them and us in some negative ways. One could imagine that to many of them we are the "germans" and they are the "freedom fighters". And to many of us they are "backward fascists" and we're "liberal democrats". This though would be an illusion and childish in thought. One just has to look at google for 5 seconds to see that you can do Yoga Classes in Saudi ....
    http://nuyu-ksa.com/activity/holistic/

However the greatest way to world peace would be to try and create multi-racial and multi-cultural societies based on federalism that was not white european but instead anything and everything.
    I tell you what mate this debate has been an absolute pleasure! It's not very often that we can get so heated, and the EU is definitely a contentious issue, so thanks for being a great sport about everything.

Let me be clear in stating that the EU is not perfect. Would I go as far as to calling it racist or discriminatory by skin colour? Probably not. But it is true that the EU can make the excluded countries worse off (that's the problem with globalised blocs!)

Nevertheless, it's geographically silly to propose that the EU should incorporate non-European members. To some extent, I understand the basis of your argument - that the benefits of the EU should be felt by other countries. And indeed I agree - we should strive to make the world a better place for EVERYONE, not just our geographic neighbours. However, those that are in our bloc like Bulgaria shouldn't be prejudiced because they are poorer and less developed than ourselves - we should be working to improve them.

Then, perhaps once our neighbours are assisting us, we can help make the rest of the world a better place.

I am a Europhile, but I appreciate issues like equality for non-EU foreigners, bureaucracy, and economic mishaps cloud the successes. But Britain is better off within a bloc that offers a single market, peace, and security (among other things) (also doesn't every country strive for this??). If we could incorporate Africa, the West Indies, the Middle East, Asia, and the rest of the world into a beneficial bloc sensibly, then I'd be all for it. But for the time being, we can't.

You're also absolutely right about understanding, and I think that's the real key to making our world a better place.

To summarise and conclude on a final note: Bulgaria should benefit from the EU, but that doesn't mean other countries shouldn't. And just because it is geographically difficult to adopt a country, doesn't mean it is racist (there's a reason Canada and Niger both can't join and it's for the same reason!) Finally, the EU should work outwards towards improving the world, and perhaps the attention this referendum draws can be used in a proactive way to benefit mankind.

Cheers again for the debate!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.