Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samii123)
    In September I will be starting A-level maths, physics, chemistry and biology. Pretty much everyone who I have talked to have said that these are the hardest subjects I could have took and how I will have such a phenomenal workload that I won't be able to have a social life but is it really THAT vigorous and THAT difficult?
    I will be doing the same as you in September, but will be doing Economics instead of Physics. I have also heard that it is really hard- but you just need to make sure you keep on top of everything and you will be fine.
    Effort>Talent
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    many alevel subjects are harder than maths and biology. loads
    Just of out of curiousity- which ones?

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    Hope that's a joke, Media requires creativity more so than actual intelligence, it is exceptionally easy if you have a passion for it but I wouldn't recommend taking it as a subject if you want to take it up as a career, it will put you off and almost serves no purpose.
    I'm sorry... Apparently I needed to include a sarcasm sign in my post
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I'm sorry... Apparently I needed to include a sarcasm sign in my post
    Oh worries, I already knew that, just voicing my hatred of Media despite me actually doing it for A Levels because I would have had to do BTEC Business instead as my school has awful bloody options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    many alevel subjects are harder than maths and biology. loads
    And that is your opinion. I have not taken the subjects as of now so I am yet to form my own.

ReputationRep:
    Im taking maths, further maths, physics & chemistry in September, quite nervous now haha

Maths is practice and Biology memorisation, but with Biology expose yourself to past paper, application questions early so it doesn't come as a shock in the real exams

Chemistry, idk I don't feel like I give great advice with chemistry. I go fairly well with it, and if anything it's the subject I'm more confident in. Tbh it's probably more to do with me telling myself 'chemistry is my forte, nothing can screw me over in chemistry' since GCSE

ReputationRep:
    physics is a pretty average subject in terms of difficulty, biology is so easy though, its just a memory game and i thought as maths was quite nice tbh, but a2 is a *****. And i have heard chem is a ***** too :L

ReputationRep:
    Maths and biology is easy, further maths and chemistry are known as the hardest subjects. Physics is good at AS but is apparently hard in the second year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In September I will be starting A-level maths, physics, chemistry and biology. Pretty much everyone who I have talked to have said that these are the hardest subjects I could have took and how I will have such a phenomenal workload that I won't be able to have a social life but is it really THAT vigorous and THAT difficult?
    Im currently doing the same as you, yes it is hard but if you use your time well to do homework and revision it will be good.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I did geography, biology, chemistry and psychology at AS. I now do chemistry, biology and geography. Psychology was legit my most difficult A level to the point where I had to drop it after AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleggj88)
    Im currently doing the same as you, yes it is hard but if you use your time well to do homework and revision it will be good.
    When did you start revising and how many hours of revision do you usually do?

ReputationRep:
    I started revision from october, doing about 2 hours of just revision, and have increased to about 5-6, depending on when i have free periods. This year i am predicted to get AABC, B in biology and C in chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry A2 is aids, AS level was fine. Everything else is easy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Further Additional Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Latin, Ancient Greek, and Biology - will i cope ?!?!?!?!?!!?!11 I am predicted CCCCDDDEUUUUU in my GCSEs so I think I can !!!!!! xoxox

ReputationRep:
    No. Tbh, because I've spoken to people doing hard subjects. Maths Chemistry Biology and Physics are a lot of work, but not that much more than other subjects. People just assume that because they're sciences, it must be so much more work. The hardest A levels in their opinion would be:

Maths
    Further Maths
    Physics
    English Lit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Further Additional Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Latin, Ancient Greek, and Biology - will i cope ?!?!?!?!?!!?!11 I am predicted CCCCDDDEUUUUU in my GCSEs so I think I can !!!!!! xoxox
    Such a bad troll

ReputationRep:
    I am doing these same subjects and sotting my as levels now. They are difficult and you should be absolutely sure you want to do them before you start. However if youre good at these subjects and (very) hard working you should be able to cope completely fine. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moshe015)
    I am doing these same subjects and sotting my as levels now. They are difficult and you should be absolutely sure you want to do them before you start. However if youre good at these subjects and (very) hard working you should be able to cope completely fine. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you start revision and hour many hours a day do you usually do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMATUK)
    Such a bad troll
    Lol it was meant for sarcasm, I couldn't think of anything worse than taking 3 sciences and maths at A Level

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.