The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry (2420) Unit 2 10th June 2016 (Resit)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scitty
Too sad? I was revising the second I came out :laugh: I took all my revision with me. I'll wallow when my exams are up and my parents stop fighting over what colour to paint the bloody bathroom. Can't afford to before then.

Ahahaha! Damn I guess you're right, I should revise for my S2 Maths and Chem 4 starting now
Please someone make an unofficial mark scheme!!!
Reply 82
But the question for enthalpy of formatioj had the data for combustion, wouldn't entalpy of formation would be the opposite of the enthalp of combustion eg if combustion is -350 then formation would be 350 ?? Or did i make that rule up in the exam myself 😂😂😂
Unofficial mark scheme anyone?
Reply 84
Original post by arronpile
what was the two observations when magnesium reacted with steam
and i thought the equation is mg + h2o ---> mgo + h2

Bright white flame and effervescence/fizzing
Reply 85
Original post by Rid123
The strangest question i thought was the 4marker on measuring the rate if change of the hydrolysis of the two haloalkanes, i described the experiment where you put a black cross on a peice of paper beneth both reactions and time how long it takes for the crosses to disapear for each due to the ppt forming, keeping amounts and concentrations the same for fairness , do you think this will be worth any marks?

I think you will get marks for the fairness points (i wrote that two)
Reply 86
Original post by davgen7
Guys for the q on the magnesium reaction do you think flames and precipitate will be sufficient? I put white ppt at first but crossed the white out in case it was the wrong colour and talked myself out of a mark

the specific answer would have been bright white flame and white ppt but you might still get the marks
Reply 87
Original post by emily1414xo
I put Mg(OH)2 and H2, observations as white ppt and bubbles of gas, but people seem to be getting different :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was the reaction between magnesium and steam so MgO and H2 would have been produced. Fizzing, bright white flame were the observations i wrote.
Reply 88
Original post by arronpile
what does aqueous barium chloride and magnesium nitrate form and what is the observation

I think for that question they wanted you to write the equation for barium chloride with the silver nitrate to form AgCl white ppt.
The reaction you stated would have no visible change
Original post by t_as098
It was the reaction between magnesium and steam so MgO and H2 would have been produced. Fizzing, bright white flame were the observations i wrote.

Dude, did you just say 'bright white flame'? That is completely incorrect. You get that when you burn it under Oxygen, NOT with H20 -_-
Original post by User2334541
Dude, did you just say 'bright white flame'? That is completely incorrect. You get that when you burn it under Oxygen, NOT with H20 -_-

It's really not wrong mate, you get a white flame when you add oxygen or steam, although the flame is brighter when you add O2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scitty
I can definitely sympathise with her. I can feel my place at vet school being torn away. :frown:

What did everyone get for mechanisms ?
Is their an unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chocofudge123

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get for mechanisms ?
Original post by Chocofudge123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't look like it :/
We need to make one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone remember all the questions and the marks per question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by Medibananas
It was combustion data, so isn't that reactants-products??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh that's what i thought, with combustion data it's reactants-products
For that 4 marker method question couldnt you also add dilute nh3 to it and time how long it takes for each compound to completely dissolve ? Then i said this would be a fair test as there is no discrepancy as to when the compound completely dissolves Surely that should get one mark as it is a potential method, it stated that when adding agno3 a white ppt is formed it never actually said you had to form a white ppt in ur method
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 99
hi, hope your chem exam went well! Im an A2 student and I printed off all the past questions from past papers for the topics Inorganic reactions, periodicity and test tube reactions, and also attached the mark schemes to these questions, then stapled them into separate booklets according to topic. I didnt get round to completing them so if anyone wants them pm me and i can post them out to you if you like. I understand you can print them off yourselves however it would save time for you i guess (so i thought id see if they could be of any use before i binned them) Also, I'm selling my Collins Unit 1, 2, 4, and 5 student support materials books, and these books were literally the only thing i used at A level to help me through the course. Although I know the AQA specification has changed this year so I don't know how much use these resources will be as I havent seen the new spec! but please let me know if you're interested :-) good luck with A2 (though im sure you're all bright sparks who don't need it!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending