Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Good to see you recognise that you're a paddy at last
    A northern one

ReputationRep:
    The government should impose a mandatory curfew in Northern Ireland and shut down the border between Northern Ireland and the terrorist Republic until we can figure out what the hell is going on. This is unbelievable.I don't know what the government has been doing, but the UKIP NI branch have been in close contact with Arlene Foster and from our sources, many unionists are demanding stronger action from the Westminster government, but the messages have been intercepted by the terrorist republicans and changed to fit their agenda.

In order to make Northern Ireland safe and stable again, we need to be as tough as Putin in crushing the terrorists by suspending habeas corpus so we could deal with the terrorists as quickly as possible.

The actions of these terrorists have only boosted TUV and UKIP support in polls in Northern Ireland. UKIP is the party that truly represents the sane people of Northern Ireland and is the only party willing to take a firm stand against the terrorists. I urge the government to launch drone strikes on suspected terrorist bases and use enhanced interrogation methods on the terrorists if necessary.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    The government should impose a mandatory curfew in Northern Ireland and shut down the border between Northern Ireland and the terrorist Republic until we can figure out what the hell is going on. This is unbelievable.I don't know what the government has been doing, but the UKIP NI branch have been in close contact with Arlene Foster and from our sources, many unionists are demanding stronger action from the Westminster government, but the messages have been intercepted by the terrorist republicans and changed to fit their agenda.

In order to make Northern Ireland safe and stable again, we need to be as tough as Putin in crushing the terrorists by suspending habeas corpus so we could deal with the terrorists as quickly as possible.

The actions of these terrorists have only boosted TUV and UKIP support in polls in Northern Ireland. UKIP is the party that truly represents the sane people of Northern Ireland and is the only party willing to take a firm stand against the terrorists. I urge the government to launch drone strikes on suspected terrorist bases and use enhanced interrogation methods on the terrorists if necessary.
    That's a joke, right?

Also that approach would neither work nor apply to some extent as there are paramilitaries on both sides.

Also, why the TUV? The DUP and UUP are larger unionist parties - and the TUV supported the release of a terrorist involved in two mass murders.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    The Crisis Committee has provided the following response to the Government:

As a result of the actions of the Prime Minister to resolve the crisis:

- Depriving Northern Ireland of the limited control over its own affairs by suspending Stormont has been criticised as undemocratic, unionists have been angered at the loss of their assembly to a government far away in London to which they already have a limited voice and has led to calls for a unified Ireland from some moderate nationalists, which has increased loyalist hysteria

- Loyalists have been angered by the suspension of Stormont believing it to be an attempt to de-partition their province and unify Ireland, part of a republican plot, increasing the hysteria and causing a spike in sectarian violence as loyalist paramilitaries attack Catholics on the street.

- The divisions, barricades and crowd control equipment set up in Catholic areas have backfired, instead serving as propaganda for republican groups and, combined with the suspension of Stormont and loyalist attacks, have caused a boost in support for dissident republican parties and their armed wings have vastly increased their activity, for example a loyalist drive-by attack was recently ambushed by republicans and the occupants of the car killed by armed gunmen with a Kalashnikov assault rifle and several handguns.

- Overall, the government response has been seen as hostile to nationalists as well as loyalists, the police are being attacked by republicans and loyalists, and the investigations are seen as empty promises. The Republic's government is concerned and has criticised Westminster's response.

What will the government do?
    Forms of response could be commencing talks, sending in the army, removing police divisions, deploying special forces units, or de-partitioning the province and leaving it to the Republic to sort out.

Well that escalated quickly...

ReputationRep:
    That's a joke, right?

Also that approach would neither work nor apply to some extent as there are paramilitaries on both sides.

Also, why the TUV? The DUP and UUP are larger unionist parties - and the TUV supported the release of a terrorist involved in two mass murders.
    There is great anger amongst unionists at the DUP, who were in bed with the terrorists, and the UUP, who are too moderate, which is why they are favouring alternatives like the TUV and UKIP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There is great anger amongst unionists at the DUP, who were in bed with the terrorists, and the UUP, who are too moderate, which is why they are favouring alternatives like the TUV and UKIP.

I don't see why you had to tell me that 3 times.

You are also not authorised to change or add to Crisis 04 so stop making things up to try and boost your party's perceived image here. UKIP has never won a seat in the Assembly and has not gained any support in any area in the Six Counties, nor will it for the foreseeable future (at least 15 years).

Don't hijack the crisis for your benefit.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The day that UKIP represents the "sane people" of anywhere, will be the day that Hell freezes over.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why you had to tell me that 3 times.

You are also not authorised to change or add to Crisis 04 so stop making things up to try and boost your party's perceived image here. UKIP has never won a seat in the Assembly and has not gained any support in any area in the Six Counties, nor will it for the foreseeable future (at least 15 years).

Don't hijack the crisis for your benefit.
    If UKIP targets East Antrim hard, they may get in next time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how this outcome is improbable or implausible - indeed, it seems the most likely response to the government's laughably heavy-handed handling of the situation.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Well that escalated quickly...
    This I feel encapsulates NI's response:

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If UKIP targets East Antrim hard, they may get in next time.
    "may" being the word to focus on there.

East Antrim? Are you mad?

That's a DUP stronghold - Sinn Féin, even the Alliance will get in before UKIP does, and they're useless.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I don't see how this outcome is improbable or implausible - indeed, it seems the most likely response to the government's laughably heavy-handed handling of the situation.
    Hear hear! The game's got too hard for them so they claim it's biased and useless, then ignore it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Hear hear! The game's got too hard for them so they claim it's biased and useless, then ignore it.
    Not exactly. It is my understanding that the Govt will be giving a response soon.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Not exactly. It is my understanding that the Govt will be giving a response soon.
    Yes, they're going to give a response, but that was the immediate reaction of the PM.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, they're going to give a response, but that was the immediate reaction of the PM.
    Yep, and I don't blame him to be honest.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The country is falling apart under this apathetic Prime Minister and sluggish government.

#VoteLabour
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yep, and I don't blame him to be honest.
    Why? To quote some other members:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Well the original government reply was pretty awful so I expected something like this
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    You know, the last crisis ended with a successful resolution and a choice of options, yet that too was criticised. The point is to challenge the government to respond. I find the response plausible.Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Why? To quote some other members:
    Yes. I can read...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes. I can read...
    Then why?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Then why?
    Why what?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.