Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Yea I know I'll have to sort it on my own if I can, and not tell her a word about it, she will kill me
    Damn, poor thing. oh wow that's deep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Damn, poor thing. oh wow that's deep
    Yea I've not heard back from the head who I just contacted when I saw my results but I'm damn well sure that I'll be put on academic suspension because of this **** which means I can't get sfa/student finance nor benefits even. I'm just gonna...murder someone. Out of pure fury and giving no ****sness lol

ReputationRep:
    Yea I've not heard back from the head who I just contacted when I saw my results but I'm damn well sure that I'll be put on academic suspension because of this **** which means I can't get sfa/student finance nor benefits even. I'm just gonna...murder someone. Out of pure fury and giving no ****sness lol

That's just mean like. What u meant to live off, they should still support you financially. I'm here if you rlly wanaa, lool

ReputationRep:
    That's just mean like. What u meant to live off, they should still support you financially. I'm here if you rlly wanaa, lool
    No it's fine I knew this had a possibility of happening. I gotta figure it out, I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    No it's fine I knew this had a possibility of happening. I gotta figure it out, I dunno.
    If you need some help you can msg me if you like! I just had a nosebleed LMAO, blood on meh lips like ew.

ReputationRep:
    1. Quote me a phrase from Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), kidda that said those exact words. 2. And if you knew anything about Islam, you would know that he never invented the religion. There were tens of prophets before him with the same message, so it just shows how much you know about Islam. 3. Muhammad is not a 'schizophrenic' nor a narcissistic psychopath, he did what was right and just and condemned torture. I think if you actually had any knowledge, you would know that Muslims were tortured by non believers in the time of the prophets and tortured for it. So to support torture would mean to support what was happening to Muslims at the time. His judgement was fine and much higher elevated than yours, clearly.

ReputationRep:
    If you need some help you can msg me if you like! I just had a nosebleed LMAO, blood on meh lips like ew.
    You've got your own probs :\

ReputationRep:
    You've got your own probs :\
    No, no dw about em! You can tell me anything anytime! Parent's probs are for life, just leave em in the distance lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    Until religion (particularly Islam) has been reformed then eradicated, "acceptance" and "peace" are terms of fiction.
    Why do you wish to see religion eradicated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Anonymous_Girl)
    I'm pretty sure you said that.
    Show me the quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    Not going to happen.

Xenophobia and the far right is a natural response to the asinine policies the hard left has put Europe through.
    So you believe it is okay to be bigoted towards muslims?

What policies do you define as "asinine"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    I am not at all xenophobic. I believe that national borders should be eradicated, and believe that migrants are, on the whole, a great benefit to a locality. Please take back your slur.
    Your ok with migrants as long as their not muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Anonymous_Girl)
    1. Quote me a phrase from Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), kidda that said those exact words. 2. And if you knew anything about Islam, you would know that he never invented the religion. There were tens of prophets before him with the same message, so it just shows how much you know about Islam. 3. Muhammad is not a 'schizophrenic' nor a narcissistic psychopath, he did what was right and just and condemned torture. I think if you actually had any knowledge, you would know that Muslims were tortured by non believers in the time of the prophets and tortured for it. So to support torture would mean to support what was happening to Muslims at the time. His judgement was fine and much higher elevated than yours, clearly.
    True

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimeTravel_0)
    Why do you wish to see religion eradicated?
    Adverse implications aside which I have stated at length in this thread, religion is anathema to science, to knowledge, to human intelligence and progression; it is frankly an insult to the modern human being. To be religious today is to be backwards, close-minded and a limitation on the progression of the human race - which is of course the ultimate goal as all other goals are derived from - or are conditional on - human progression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    Adverse implications aside which I have stated at length in this thread, religion is anathema to science, to knowledge, to human intelligence and progression; it is frankly an insult to the modern human being. To be religious today is to be backwards, close-minded and a limitation on the progression of the human race - which is of course the ultimate goal as all other goals are derived from - or are conditional on - human progression.
    Religion gives people comfort. Have you ever prayed? It's a wonderful thing.

Being religious doesn't mean that you are backwards - It's a bit of a simplistic generalisation to say that most people in the world are backwards and close-minded for believing in God.

Religion is not anathema to science, knowledge, and human intelligence - If that were the case, we wouldn't have had the Islamic Golden Age, or the Age of Enlightenment

How do you define "Human Progression"?

ReputationRep:
    Religion gives people comfort.
    We cannot pick what is true based on what is comfortable. If something provides comfort but it is wrong then it is superificial, temporary and false comfort. The most obvious example is someone wanting life after death and therefore choosing religion to be true with no evidence as this comforts them.

Being religious doesn't mean that you are backwards - It's a bit of a simplistic generalisation to say that most people in the world are backwards and close-minded for believing in God.
    Yes it does. You must be tragically ignorant of science and many steps behind social equality to be religious in 2016.

Religion is not anathema to science
    Explain how believing in a book without evidence is not contrary to the scientific method.

Explain how the scientific discoveries of today do not make religious claims of the universe false.

If that were the case, we wouldn't have had the Islamic Golden Age, or the Age of Enlightenment
    I think you're very confused. The Enlightenment was the reaction against religion, particularly dogmatic Catholicism, in support of reason and the scientific method, inspired greatly by Aristotle and his commentators.

The Islamic Golden Age was in the Middle Ages - this is completely irrelevant to believing in religion today with all the scientific knowledge we have over them. More to the point, they were not yet able to study the universe with any sophistication so were unable to discover anything that disproved their religious beliefs, which is why the Enlightenment came much later and why the Big Bang came much later still. The Internet and the ability to study the cosmos in detail has brought with it a massive surge in scientific discovery and in turn a rise in atheism and a revelation of religion as nothing short of ridiculous fiction.

Increasing discovery of truth, improving technology, improving lifespan, improving the probability of the human race surviving, improving average intelligence, etc., etc.

ReputationRep:
    Because our minds function through biases..

Rich vs Nouveau riche
    Rich vs poor
    Conservative vs Labour
    Black vs white
    Your religion vs my religion
    Tall vs short
    My class vs your class
    Your group vs my groupYour country vs my country
    This country vs that country
    Our planet vs Aliens

We unite ourselves and define our 'group' with respect to the other group..
    Those who have characteristics which are not similar to me or to us or to our group or our religion or our country..

ReputationRep:
    Religion gives people comfort. Have you ever prayed? It's a wonderful thing.

Religion is not anathema to science, knowledge, and human intelligence - If that were the case, we wouldn't have had the Islamic Golden Age, or the Age of Enlightenment

What you called comfort I call insanity, I mean I had imaginary friends when I was very young but I have grown out of them, yet we see 100000's of people who share the same imaginary friend crazy right. But they can feel comfy as some book must be right and there is definitely so much evidence for a god.

Pretty scary really, I hope religion dies out soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    What you called comfort I call insanity, I mean I had imaginary friends when I was very young but I have grown out of them, yet we see 100000's of people who share the same imaginary friend crazy right. But they can feel comfy as some book must be right and there is definitely so much evidence for a god.

Pretty scary really, I hope religion dies out soon
    I think the chances of religion dying out are slim to none.

What you see as fairy tales, to me (and other theists) is a wonderful drug, a panacea. Whenever I pray, or read Psalm 23, I feel much happier within myself.

You can't call something imaginary if you can't disprove it.

ReputationRep:
    I think the chances of religion dying out are slim to none.

What you see as fairy tales, to me (and other theists) is a wonderful drug, a panacea. Whenever I pray, or read Psalm 23, I feel much happier within myself.

You can't call something imaginary if you can't disprove it.

Religion is a poison, it poisons your mind and pollutes and tries to control how you think and act, A truly horrible drug.

You cant disprove that I am not Allah that has decided to take human form and pretend to be a atheist to test your faith now can you? That must make me Allah then.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.