Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

foods/drink you learnt to love Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    Because it's sweeet. I just don't like it. It took me a long time to get used to puri and keri no rus. literally my entire family eats it, and I couldn't. I just don't like mixing sweet with savoury.

nucdev Do you like puri and rus?
    Not together!
    Like eww.

I'm like you lmao i dont really like mixing sweet and savoury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    HOW DO YOU NOT LIKE METHI?!?!?!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ravs, mari nakh aa ne. I will eat ANYTHING with methi in it.
    loooool.

I don't mind it if its in theplas, but if you're talking about the shaak I refuse to change my opinion ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssshah2)
    loooool.

I don't mind it if its in theplas, but if you're talking about the shaak I refuse to change my opinion ;P
    Tara man ma su samjhe chhe?! It's so goooddd... Just kidding, i understand why you don't like it. My mum and I are the only ones that like it in my family. I'm talking extended family too. Like none of the kakas mamas, etc... like it either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    Tara man ma su samjhe chhe?! It's so goooddd... Just kidding, i understand why you don't like it. My mum and I are the only ones that like it in my family. I'm talking extended family too. Like none of the kakas mamas, etc... like it either.
    Bandar kya jaane adrak kaa swaad. lol

good to see gujjus in the UK still know how to speak the language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssshah2)
    Bandar kya jaane adrak kaa swaad. lol

good to see gujjus in the UK still know how to speak the language.
    I had to look that up, because I barely understand Hindi, but yes... haha exactly!

Yeah, definitely! I have family in america, and they know the bare, BARE basics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    I had to look that up, because I barely understand Hindi, but yes... haha exactly!

Yeah, definitely! I have family in america, and they know the bare, BARE basics.
    I feel sooo good right now with my 5 languages.
    I know what you mean, where I'm from my friends' gujju is almost worse than hearing me sing (and trust me, I am BAD)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.