Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justfedup)
    So being a muslim a strong beleif my whole life this is weird. Like starting 2 years ago I was loosing faith in God which is kinda sad.

It was cos of a guy but I feel like I am no longer afraid of sinning. I never think satan is influencing me or that I need to obey god and make him happy with me like I used to be.

I don't think about heaven or hell anymore which shocks me.

I would love to renew my faith once again. Pm please if you think u can help.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand how you feel. I used to go through this a lot back in the days.
    I know you might think this won't help, but I'll just say it Anyways cause it really improved my predicament.

Never stop having faith. I found that not giving up on mine continuously after feeling that away, actually strengthened my belief and I truly felt happy from that point onwards, everything in my life began correcting itself. I really do think doubt itself is a test of belief and our motivation to become Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I still believe in heaven and hell, but Im no longer strictly religious.
    Theres one thing that matters to me nowadays, and that is to gain money, get a car and a job- the power that I lost when I was strictly religious.
    Most muslims nowadays are Deen frauds. They say they're religious, but they're not really. Most of em care about one thing most, and that is to make money. They even sacrifice salat to do it (fraud). They dont admit this.
    I do the same thing, but because I admit it, I dont consider myself as a Deen fraudster.

Tbh, just enjoy my life, get money, get a job, get a driving licence, etc. Thats what matters, otherwise your ****ed, and you'll be losing to a hijabi deen fraudster who will be driving your male ass in her car lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    I think he was eventually banned from speaking in Saudi because he was a Quranist, and he has said even more controversial things e.g. about not accepting hadith, but I need to confirm this... I found him interesting when I first came across him, but I think his views are fringe
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    He is well known to be controversial and denying many foundations in islam.No one really knows his true beliefs as he takes from quranist ideas, shia ideas, qadyani ideas, mu'utazila ideas and even some sunni ideas.And as he himself describes himself:''I follow no one and everyday I come up with something new(new idea)''
    Hassan al-Maliki isn't a Quranist, he's a former Salafi that just isn't a fan of the Sunni rijal system. He constantly gets arrested and released by the Saudi authorities for his views, and he's also married to a Zaydi, which is probably what influenced his 'rationalist' ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Tbh, I still believe in heaven and hell, but Im no longer strictly religious.
    Theres one thing that matters to me nowadays, and that is to gain money, get a car and a job- the power that I lost when I was strictly religious.
    Most muslims nowadays are Deen frauds. They say they're religious, but they're not really. Most of em care about one thing most, and that is to make money. They even sacrifice salat to do it (fraud). They dont admit this.
    I do the same thing, but because I admit it, I dont consider myself as a Deen fraudster.

Tbh, just enjoy my life, get money, get a job, get a driving licence, etc. Thats what matters, otherwise your ****ed, and you'll be losing to a hijabi deen fraudster who will be driving your male ass in her car lol.
    Lol whats a deen fraud?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The idea of Islamic Hell just didn't make much sense to me when I was a Muslim. Essentially, God who is of course is All-Wise, expects us to discern between hundreds of belief systems, all purporting different ideas to varying degrees, all of which have absolutely no empirical evidence whatsoever. It becomes worse when God tells us that if we don't make the right choice, that we'll be doomed to eternal hellfire. It's just completely illogical and downright cruel. Islam essentially rewards the picking the "right" answer without considering the method one used to attain that 'truth'. Many Muslims will never even consider other belief systems because they're pressurised to maintain blind faith; to me, that doesn't deserve the reward of eternal Paradise. On one hand, God in the Qur'an speaks about free will and reflection, but then on the other hand, He says that whilst we can think about things, we can't stray from Islam even if we begin to disagree. That's completely insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akamega)
    The idea of Islamic Hell just didn't make much sense to me when I was a Muslim. Essentially, God who is of course is All-Wise, expects us to discern between hundreds of belief systems, all purporting different ideas to varying degrees, all of which have absolutely no empirical evidence whatsoever. It becomes worse when God tells us that if we don't make the right choice, that we'll be doomed to eternal hellfire. It's just completely illogical and downright cruel. Islam essentially rewards the picking the "right" answer without considering the method one used to attain that 'truth'. Many Muslims will never even consider other belief systems because they're pressurised to maintain blind faith; to me, that doesn't deserve the reward of eternal Paradise. On one hand, God in the Qur'an speaks about free will and reflection, but then on the other hand, He says that whilst we can think about things, we can't stray from Islam even if we begin to disagree. That's completely insane.
    Heyyy. Why do you only pick on Islam as if it's completely unique here when eternal hell is present in other religions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Heyyy. Why do you only pick on Islam as if it's completely unique here when eternal hell is present in other religions.
    Because OP is a Muslim contemplating the idea of Hell in an Islamic context. I was a Muslim who also contemplated the idea of Hell in an islamic context. I was/am most familiar with the description of hell according to the Qur'an/Hadith. I think Hell in Islam is far more interesting because God is speaking about it directly to you in the Qur'an; from that we get a perspective of why God would send someone to Hell, we can attempt to understand what the purpose of why we're on Earth, and from there we can compare that to the 99 descriptions of God to see if the overall picture is cohesive. It isn't. If it's any consolation I think all organised religion is nonsensical if it makes you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Lol whats a deen fraud?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't you read? I just told you.

ReputationRep:
    Because OP is a Muslim contemplating the idea of Hell in an Islamic context. I was a Muslim who also contemplated the idea of Hell in an islamic context. I was/am most familiar with the description of hell according to the Qur'an/Hadith. I think Hell in Islam is far more interesting because God is speaking about it directly to you in the Qur'an; from that we get a perspective of why God would send someone to Hell, we can attempt to understand what the purpose of why we're on Earth, and from there we can compare that to the 99 descriptions of God to see if the overall picture is cohesive. It isn't. If it's any consolation I think all organised religion is nonsensical if it makes you feel better.
    Right. Thanks bud.

ReputationRep:
    Allah describes the Quran as Al Bayinah - the clear proof, the criterion by which to judge. As a Muslim who used to be Agnostic, I can counter argue that the Quran is all you need as a standalone proof that Islam is the correct religion, since when I have measured other religions against it, it has won every time, which is why I became and remain a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Allah describes the Quran as Al Bayinah - the clear proof, the criterion by which to judge. As a Muslim who used to be Agnostic, I can counter argue that the Quran is all you need as a standalone proof that Islam is the correct religion, since when I have measured other religions against it, it has won every time, which is why I became and remain a Muslim.
    Such an inspiration :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    And yet members of every other religion would say the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiimov)
    And yet members of every other religion would say the same.
    Members of other religions can't actually prove that their religion is more correct and why others are wrong, as each of them leave much to be desired when comparing their scriptures with the Quran, which is my point; the only religious group which come marginally close are the Sikhs with their Granth but even then I have a strong case to argue why it doesn't meet the standard of the Quran and why their religion is just manmade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justfedup)
    So being a muslim a strong beleif my whole life this is weird. Like starting 2 years ago I was loosing faith in God which is kinda sad.

It was cos of a guy but I feel like I am no longer afraid of sinning. I never think satan is influencing me or that I need to obey god and make him happy with me like I used to be.

I don't think about heaven or hell anymore which shocks me.

I would love to renew my faith once again. Pm please if you think u can help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would say you have a mild episode of "Coming to one's senses".

ReputationRep:
    Start praying, listening to Maher Zain and fasting. It worked for me

ReputationRep:
    The Qur'an clearly isn't empirical evidence though. Literary evidence by it's very fabric cannot be tested to produce the same results. People's view of the Qur'an vary; clearly many atheists/agnostics/ex-muslims don't think it's good enough to convert, but you may think the Qur'an is, as you describe, Al Bayinah. Something that evokes mixed emotions (any form of literature) clearly isn't clear proof.

ReputationRep:
    Members of other religions can't actually prove that their religion is more correct and why others are wrong, as each of them leave much to be desired when comparing their scriptures with the Quran, which is my point; the only religious group which come marginally close are the Sikhs with their Granth but even then I have a strong case to argue why it doesn't meet the standard of the Quran and why their religion is just manmade.
    "Members of other religions can't actually prove that their religion is more correct" - Well lets ignore that that is because they're all false, that is an entirely subjective opinion. What others consider convincing wouldn't convince you, and vice-versa."each of them leave much to be desired when comparing their scriptures with the Quran" - That is a subjective opinion again, and one that doesn't make much sense considering that the Quran is equally as lamely written as any other holy book. The claims that is is uniquely written are quite absurd when you analyse it and using that as proof it is holy is even more so."why their religion is just manmade" - All religions are imho.

ReputationRep:
    From a completely irreligious perspective, there should be no guilt or shame in failing to be convinced that a heaven or hell exists - or any of the supernatural really. It doesn't mean you need help, it just means you're no longer dependent on the religion for your emotional needs and that you're critical enough to disbelieve.

The problem is, it will be an isolating experience. Any kind of support you've had from the Islamic community may disappear, even familial ones depending on religiosity. It can breed animosity to not believe, even though it shouldn't. It can leave quite the void - you'd have to reconcile what your life purpose is, your morals and values, your sense of being, etc.

But you can move on. There are many social platforms where religious views is not the main bonding theme. There is no reason to need to "renew" your faith, unless you're coerced. But there is definitely reason to seek other ways you can find happiness/meaning in life/etc because you've been too dependent on Islam for it in the past.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.