The Student Room Group

Muslims: what do you think of Muslims who drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
If they drink, it's their business, being a Muslim means we cannot judge others for their actions.

you've got to be kidding?
@OP read the life of bishr al hafi (bishr the barefoot) he went from a drunk person to saint.

As muslims we detest the sin / action not the person. Also it becomes dangerous (very high grade of sin) when the sin/ action is justified or made to be permisible when it isn't e.g drinking alcohol is halal if we don't get drunk or it's beneficial.
Drinking is HAram for Muslims. That fact cannot be denied .
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Though it is none of my business I find it really disgusting the fact that people have to go and harm their bodies this way-I mean why is it then forbidden?

What about a gym going, healthy eating person that drinks moderately - versus an alcohol free person that is overweight with an unhealthy diet and does not exercise...

Is the gym goer, really that disgusting because they drink a little?
I could really care less about other people's lifestyle choices.
Original post by sleepysnooze
you've got to be kidding?

What she/he said was right, she/he was not joking. However, there are undeniably contradictory human beings in every faith and way of life who preach one thing and do another.

We all do it in some way, shape or form.
Reply 86
controversy.
I'm guilty of it too so I wouldn't judge.

I don't do it anymore though, and I'm sure others can drop the bad habit too.
im a **** muslim so i cant judge
Pride is a funny thing I guess
What I mean is , in the eyes of Allah, a person who drinks but feels guilty and repents may be better than the person who, e.g neglects prayer, but does not feel guilty or repent. What I'm trying to say is that humans make mistakes, so until we perfect ourselves we are in no place to judge others, no matter how big the sin. Tbh this is one of the greatest lessons from Islam: anyone with an ounce of pride will not enter paradise.
Original post by robbo3045
What about a gym going, healthy eating person that drinks moderately - versus an alcohol free person that is overweight with an unhealthy diet and does not exercise...

Is the gym goer, really that disgusting because they drink a little?

Drinking a little can lead to being intoxicated, which can lead to all different fked up stuff. Being overweight can be due to genetics but overeating in islam isn't recommended and praying is also a form of exercise and walking around god's house hundreds of times is also a form of exercise dont u think?. Medicines that have alcohol can be taken by Muslims because it has a certain percentage that won't intoxicate due to the low percentage and before you say overdose would lead to high alcohol consumption well that would most likely lead to suicide which is prohibited in islam.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ibrahmistrar
cringe with people like u acting like ur muslim when in actual its likely you don't believe in your god or not that much or else you wouldn't step close to that alcohol and i believe your beliefs can't change that quickly being brought up in a muslim household, randomly drinking then going oh ye back to muslim. Doesnt work --- cringeeeeee

You're right, I didn't believe and didn't call myself a Muslims when I did that.

After some soul searching and research I let that stuff go and made a effort to be a better Muslim.

What's the problem?
they should stop doing so :d
all you disbelievers, ye 2 particles collided and formed the earth and all the planets, tf is the universe expanding into to. 2 things either happened, either big bang did happen (ok possible) or God exists. Now both of these examples are impossible but we know it happened which can mean one thing - our brains/knowledge is low we can't comprehend - I'm gonna go with God just in case - and i would advice you guys to do the same. anyways man's gtg pray - left handed monster
Original post by Lord Samosa
You're right, I didn't believe and didn't call myself a Muslims when I did that.

After some soul searching and research I let that stuff go and made a effort to be a better Muslim.

What's the problem?

Yes my man welcome to the gateway of heaven -
Im muslim too G. If this account gets banned its because i've pissed off some sensitive people on the other thread and got 4 warnings but ill pray so hopefully my sins will go.
Its good you have done some soul searching- now lets hope you're doing ur 5 time prayer and i would suggest going to tablighi jamaat.
Original post by TheProphetsPath
There was no need for you to expose your sin when Allah had kept it hidden.

Only Allah has the right judge my sins.

And if me mentioning it can show that you can still get on the right track after sinning, then so be it.
Reply 96
Original post by Lord Samosa
Only Allah has the right judge my sins.

And if me mentioning it can show that you can still get on the right track after sinning, then so be it.

Thought you were Hindu lol
Reply 97
Original post by SGHD26716
Thought you were Hindu lol

wtf lol
i don't get the point.

most muslims in the UK **** a lot, drink, smoke, do drugs. they probably do it in private though.

i used to live in a country with a lot of muslims, but there wasn't the social stigma attached to it like there is here.
Reply 99
Original post by eden3
wtf lol

Guess it was just the casual racism in my brain.

Samosa------>Indian----->Hindu

Damn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending