Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought that paper was hard. What did you guys say the processor, main memory & control bus did? I said control bus sends control signals between components of 3 box model.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, that was actually really good exam; didn't expect it to be that good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassan Hassan)
    Thought that paper was hard. What did you guys say the processor, main memory & control bus did? I said control bus sends control signals between components of 3 box model.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mwo)
    For question 5c, did other people get that this was the correct steps David had to take?

He should launch the Telnet client on his laptop, and then establish a Telnet connection with the company's Telnet server.
    From this Telnet connection, he should use the FTP client on the company server to connect to the security update's FTP server using his credentials.
    Then, he should download the security update from their FTP server and install it on the Telnet connection.

The company servers FTP server and his laptop's FTP client were not required to update the company server, correct?
    I put some really long answer basically just entailing connecting via TELNET client to server, then use credentials with FTP client on server, download the update, then using the TELNET client on server update the system.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.